Resident Evil Retribution

#21BrianwtPosted 12/25/2012 7:41:01 AM
godrifle1 posted...
Spoilers..

I'm really glad that they took away Alice's powers in Retribution. She was just an OP, do it all superheroine with no apparent weaknesses. In Retribution, Jill kicks her ass, and pretty much wins. Who saw that coming? I'm glad Alice didn't do something superpowered, like break all the ice.

Pros
Good fight choreography , cool costumes, and like other people have said, Jill kicks Alice's butt.

Cons
Braindead Plot without even a slight attempt at doing anything interesting plotwise. At least degeneration explores how BOWs can be a good thing, for instance... And pretty bad CG graphics. While they have good hand to hand choreography, the gun fights really just sucked.

Actually I beleive they took her powers away in Afterlife I thought Wesker gave them back to her at the end of this movie.
#22skermacPosted 12/25/2012 10:37:57 AM
This is the ONLY live action movie I liked. Ada rocked! The other movies can be destroyed for all I care. We need a movie without Alice, it's reboot time,
#23skermacPosted 12/25/2012 10:44:10 AM
The best movie to me is the opening of RE1. It would have been perfect expanding it into a full length movie with the same actors, they were perfect! Instead we got stuck with Alice and a movie no where near as good as the few minute opening of RE1 imo.
#24slapper1Posted 12/25/2012 10:54:00 AM
These movies are guilty pleasures for me. They are terrible as RE films, but are decent action flicks. I enjoy them, but only as action films, as they fail so hard on the RE standard as proper adaptions (To be fair, The more recent Silent Hill film was also horrible lol).
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#25BrianwtPosted 12/25/2012 12:39:24 PM
The problem is that can't use the same storyline as the games do cause then we have already played them and seen that and that would be boring. To the people whinning and moaning you didn't have to rent it or buy it and most know the movies before these even before they buy this one if you bought it is your own fault that you wasted money on it. I enjoyed the movie the worst movie IMO is the 3rd one.
#26gamestop27Posted 12/25/2012 12:53:15 PM
While Afterlife is my favorite of the movies, I thought Retribution was pretty good, especially the ending.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#27tevin1569Posted 12/25/2012 5:46:47 PM
gamestop27 posted...
While Afterlife is my favorite of the movies, I thought Retribution was pretty good, especially the ending.

AFTERLIFE IS MINE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#28MashYouGoodPosted 12/25/2012 7:07:41 PM
RE: Retribution and RE6 should be sold as a box set.
#29SSJ2_WookiePosted 12/25/2012 8:29:35 PM
I usually can tolerate the movies , this one I can't. Reasons:

SPOILERS

1. Barry's magnum scene was rediculously stupid.
2. Any potential for Chris or Claire was thrown out by off screen.deaths..
3. Weaker a good guy prety much...
4. Leon...hated everything about how he was portrayed. Thing that was the worst I thought was when girl gets taken away and he tries to stop.Alice from gooin after her and said she's not important enough. Too out of character to me when for a guy that will save any one.that he can if their is chance.

Any who I could.go.on.but those are what sticks out of.annoyances off.top of my head
---
PSN: XtremeDreamer11
#30IlDankoPosted 12/25/2012 9:07:21 PM
SSJ2_Wookie posted...
I usually can tolerate the movies , this one I can't. Reasons:

SPOILERS

1. Barry's magnum scene was rediculously stupid.
2. Any potential for Chris or Claire was thrown out by off screen.deaths..
3. Weaker a good guy prety much...
4. Leon...hated everything about how he was portrayed. Thing that was the worst I thought was when girl gets taken away and he tries to stop.Alice from gooin after her and said she's not important enough. Too out of character to me when for a guy that will save any one.that he can if their is chance.

Any who I could.go.on.but those are what sticks out of.annoyances off.top of my head

That f****** leon was more bulked up that movie chris, ada looked like a teenager, and what the hell was that chainsaw nazi zombie about? . F*** you anderson F*** YOU!!!
---
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993