Piers Nivans (spoilers)

#1RKOLegend1Posted 12/24/2012 12:58:59 PM
Now I'm not one to say that dead characters can come back in future RE games (the developers did say he was dead). But I have a feeling Piers could end up coming back in RE7 or whenever as an antagonist. If you remember, when Richards was infected with the C-virus, it took a lot to kill him. Also, we didn't actually see Piers die for sure.

Could almost be like a Jack Krauser situation. Any thoughts?
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/eman1190/stats/232117421/ps3/
#2cuttin_in_townPosted 12/24/2012 1:01:08 PM
He blew up under water in a lightning storm over lava.

He's dead.
---
Humans are idiots until proven intelligent.
ATTN Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif
#3loverboyyssPosted 12/24/2012 1:01:25 PM
How?

The facility exploded.

He was in the facility.

His strain was different from Crala's and Simmon's. It was more 'light' no pun intended.

And if he came back, he would come back transformed, not as Piers. He wouldn't even be thinking straight given that both Carla and Simmons completely forgot things and could only feed off from the hatred they felt for each other once they were transformed.
#4Chunx907Posted 12/24/2012 1:02:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5YunFang1130Posted 12/24/2012 1:31:43 PM
I'm disappointed that they decided to kill him off at the last second. Capcom could've started fresh and created a brand new arc with Piers. I love Chris, but seriously they should've went through with the retirement plan, or have him continue on in the BSAA as some kind of adviser. OR make another Chris/Piers game :D. I thought these two made a great team and it was nice to see Chris paired up with a dude.

To be honest, I wouldn't see why he couldn't come back. You didn't see him die like Wesker in RE5. Yes the facility exploded and all, but look at Simmons. He got bulldozed by a train, tossed in some kind of fire pit, eaten by zombies, and zapped by lightning (He was about to go through another transformation too by the way). I'm confused though.. Why did it take a lot to bring down Simmons, and not Carla? Anywho, I wouldn't want Piers to come back as some kind of mutated fish, but I do want him to return for RE7.
#6EduardoESRPosted 12/24/2012 1:36:48 PM
The legendary Pierschu never dies, he'll be the main antagonist of RE7 and will ressurect Wesker.
YunFang1130 posted...
I'm disappointed that they decided to kill him off at the last second. Capcom could've started fresh and created a brand new arc with Piers. I love Chris, but seriously they should've went through with the retirement plan, or have him continue on in the BSAA as some kind of adviser. OR make another Chris/Piers game :D. I thought these two made a great team and it was nice to see Chris paired up with a dude.

To be honest, I wouldn't see why he couldn't come back. You didn't see him die like Wesker in RE5. Yes the facility exploded and all, but look at Simmons. He got bulldozed by a train, tossed in some kind of fire pit, eaten by zombies, and zapped by lightning (He was about to go through another transformation too by the way). I'm confused though.. Why did it take a lot to bring down Simmons, and not Carla? Anywho, I wouldn't want Piers to come back as some kind of mutated fish, but I do want him to return for RE7.

I wonder why people like Piers so much, to me It was pretty obvious all of Chris team would die by the end of the game, so that made me take Piers are secondary to the series in general.
#7RKOLegend1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 11:10:44 PM
Chris's campaign ending would have been ten times better had it been the other way around. Chris's gets arm gets crushed, injects himself with the C-virus, and sacrifices himself to save Piers and the world. Would have gone out on a high note, especially after finally defeating his nemesis (Wesker) from the previous game. My guess is that Capcom didn't want to get rid of two main characters in two consecutive RE games (I think I read somewhere that it was going to be Chris in Piers's spot).

Piers could have taken over for Chris in future RE games. Him and Jake were two of my favorite characters in this game, Helena should have died instead, lol.
---
#8loverboyyssPosted 12/24/2012 11:36:59 PM
RKOLegend1 posted...
Chris's campaign ending would have been ten times better had it been the other way around. Chris's gets arm gets crushed, injects himself with the C-virus, and sacrifices himself to save Piers and the world. Would have gone out on a high note, especially after finally defeating his nemesis (Wesker) from the previous game. My guess is that Capcom didn't want to get rid of two main characters in two consecutive RE games (I think I read somewhere that it was going to be Chris in Piers's spot).

Piers could have taken over for Chris in future RE games. Him and Jake were two of my favorite characters in this game, Helena should have died instead, lol.

That was actually the complete opposite of what Capcom wanted. They wanted to bring in some change, that change was in Chris. They thought about killing him off but not in the same way Piers died, and decided not to do it very quickly for it would have felt cheap and there'd be a huge fanbacklash, something they didn't want to face. These are Capcom's words. If you search the developer interview for RE6 you'll see them saying what I'm telling you now.

By offing Piers, they were extremely original and umpredictable. Everybody thought Chris was going to die. Everybody thought Piers was the future of the BSAA. They avoided the cliche of a main character dying for shock value and the cliche of the Captain sacrificing himself for the greater good.

I agree Helena should have died or gotten a better ending though.
#9RKOLegend1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:20:09 PM
I guess that's true to an extent. Still, I would have preferred if Chris was in Piers's spot. Regardless of the typical cliche, it would have been epic.
---
#10Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 12/26/2012 2:01:46 PM
Meh. Glad Chris lived. He an Jill were the original and did they ever say what happened to Jill? What's she doing? Where is she? Chris is the old war dog and the war ain't over. I'm still mad Barry hasn't had a major role yet.
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'