What's your overall opinion of this game?

#1housedemolisherPosted 12/26/2012 3:56:47 PM
The game, as many of you might know, has mixed ratings all over different reviewers. Mixed as in from 3.9/10 to 8.5/10. Some people seem to think it's terrible, while others believe it's a great game.

What do you guys think? Did this Resident Evil suck for you, or was it just right, or probably the best RE in a while?

I, for one, enjoy it. Sure I still hate it for being such a big action-suspense game, but at least they tried to add a horror element with Leon's storyline. I also enjoy the multiple campaign modes with different characters, each having their decently long lengths. Them adding multiple campaigns made it seem messy, but I appreciate their effort for doing it. It wasn't too bad.

What's your opinion of this game?
#2DecaprePosted 12/26/2012 3:59:13 PM
8.9/10
Good replay value but has its ups and downs.
---
I've been told my love for Chun Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#3sflowers539Posted 12/26/2012 4:03:10 PM
I would rate the game about a 7.5/10, but that is down from 9's and 8's in RE4 and RE5. I enjoyed the game much more as I got used to it and got to see things like the storylines come together. I will have to replay Leon's campaign sometime, people say they like it the best, but for me it was the worst by far. It was the first one I played though when I was getting used to the game still, but the Simmions fights drove me totally nuts, I even hated reliving them through Ada's prespective. Overall the Merc are a step back from RE5 I think, and there are more multiplayer options, but I am not a multiplayer guy. The game is good, but not great, and for RE6 that was not acceptable. These people who rate it a 5 or less are nuts, the game is not avaerage, it's way better but not from a RE standard. So I guess that is where it is, I moved on to a different game right after the last ending, which I did not do in RE4 and RE5, but there are too many good games out right now and I don't have much time to play right now so I don't have the patience to restart this right now.
#4edward18Posted 12/26/2012 4:05:27 PM
No idea. Never played it.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5PyroSparkPosted 12/26/2012 4:11:01 PM
8.5/10 with starting 3 mercs maps and no versus modes.

9/10 with all mercs maps but without dlc versus modes.

10/10 with all mercs maps and versus modes.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#6CTU_007Posted 12/26/2012 4:17:20 PM
Needs more Jill
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/26/2012 4:28:24 PM(edited)

Amazing experience you do need to try, with plentiful amounts of content in the lengthy campaigns (This is by far the longest Resident Evil game to complete) but it is not sheer PERFECTION. There's annoyances.

The cons are on par with the pros.
-Crappy driving sections
-headless zombies, the overkill of QTEs and much more.

Don't be fooled by people who worship this saying it's GOTY. It's not.

But it is worth a purchase if you haven't picked it already, going in with a open mind.

If you're a RE purist, AVOID...it's not survival horror. PERIOD.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#8tevin1569Posted 12/26/2012 4:30:11 PM
I enjoyed the full ride..and unlike some I still have my copy and still enjoying it. I give it 9/10 rating wise. For me it was just a fun adventure, with few scares along the way, fun action, and an overall good feel to it. This game had me expressing so many different emotions during story, happy, sad, upset. It was a very dramatic experience, and it was just an amazing ride. So I stick with my rating, I haven't had this much fun with a game since RE2. 5 for me was so amazing, I had all the lines memorized... And I enjoy this one even more. So my opinion is it's awesome.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#9coolmig01Posted 12/26/2012 4:44:44 PM
8.5/10 for me.

WARNING: SPOILERS!

As much as i enjoyed it and still play a lot of it, i can't help but feel like it could have been much, much better. QTEs need to go. The overall story could have been much better. It's no longer acceptable to just have an "eh" story in RE games. Times have changed. Also, would like if they stop with the Hollywood action sequences. loved the multiple Chris/Sheva VS Wesker cut scenes in RE5, but hate the ones here. Near helicopter/train crash which ends up with helicopter crashing into a building, which then has Leon and Helena somehow surviving and now running away to avoid being smashed? Too much. Leon riding a train, sliding under and perfectly shooting a piece of debris flying towards Helena, who doesn't flinch at all as the piece of metal flies inches away from her face and still shoots a perfect shot to Simmons? Again, too much. Actually, I think Leon's campaign had the most over the top moments.

Mercenaries is fine. I enjoy it. except wished most of the maps weren't DLC....

Agent Hunt: a very nice distraction! This had be hooked for a bit. Not only that, it's always unnerving when ur playing through the campaign and you get that notification that someone has joined as a creature. Game suddenly becomes much more tense and fun.

don't have the other multiplayer modes yet.... ugh....
---
Excited for RE6? add me! PSN: coolmig01
#10RichterdgfPosted 12/26/2012 4:47:41 PM
There is nothing finer than killing an enemy KNOWING that it was controlled by a real person. If they drop First Aid Spray, I always make sure to thank them for it. XD
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade