Looking back at this game, I can't say it was very good

#31MashYouGoodPosted 12/28/2012 5:04:35 AM
slapper1 posted...
It's a love it or hate it affair, and if you see no replay value in the campaign, then so be it.

Other than playing through with a friend or on harder difficulties, there is none.

There's no loot to speak of, there's no secrets, the gameplay isn't exactly fun and I don't anyone who wants to experience those semi interactive cut-scenes more than once in their life... and then there's the narrative -_-

Each to their own, indeed. But, if there is one thing RE6 doesn't have going for it, it's replay value.
#32mmpepsiPosted 12/28/2012 4:40:50 PM
MashYouGood posted...
slapper1 posted...
It's a love it or hate it affair, and if you see no replay value in the campaign, then so be it.

Other than playing through with a friend or on harder difficulties, there is none.

There's no loot to speak of, there's no secrets, the gameplay isn't exactly fun and I don't anyone who wants to experience those semi interactive cut-scenes more than once in their life... and then there's the narrative -_-

Each to their own, indeed. But, if there is one thing RE6 doesn't have going for it, it's replay value.

Except it does. I wouldn't have played it so much if it didn't . I replayed it due to it having great gameplay so that made the harder difficulties fun. Then there's always the serpent emblems and skill points.
#33Plant42Posted 12/28/2012 4:53:32 PM
RE6 has the worst replay value in the entire series. Hell I can't even upgrade weapons anymore wtf.
#34DarkD3stinyPosted 12/28/2012 5:26:15 PM
For me re6 has the most replay value out of all re games. Ive never understood why unlockables and treasures makes people keep replaying a game, to me they are just a bonus. Agent hunt mode makes re6 such a high replay value game for me also I prefer re6s story and gameplay and it has more story content than re4 and re5 and it mixes it up whereas re4 and re5 didn't do that so I have high replay value in re6.
#35AiRo1988Posted 12/28/2012 6:05:23 PM
I dunno, I think the game would have benefited with a loot/treasure sidequest, customisable weapons, special unlockable weapons, costumes in campaign, and perhaps alternate scenarios for when a npc was rescued or prevented from attack. I most definatly think that allowing npc's to live or survive and special weapons/costumes are a key factor that would increase replayability as gamers need an incentive to replay the game multiple times. It has to be a reward basis I mean how many people are annoyed at no hope, the only achievement one gets upon completion is self satisfaction. No trophy, no kickass costume and no ultimate "new toy", of a weapon? This is the main problem. Not sure bout everyone here but I think RE 6 needs more customisable criteria as that, speaking only for myself, seems to be a major lure to playing a game. When I first played I started on Leons campaign and expected some people I met to survive lol. Just think it would have been great if they did imo.