What you'd want in RE7

#1DJKenKenPosted 12/27/2012 7:40:00 AM
Taking considerations from all past Resident Evil games and RE6's sales, I feel its time for them to examine what they feel might work best, but fans know whats best too. So what i'm asking is, what would you want in RE7?

Control type: Tank (RE4/RE5) or Fluid (RE6)
Dodges: Button Promts (RE4/RE5) or 3 Button Dodge (Re6)
Enemies: Zombies or Zombie Soldiers
Partners or No Partners?
Dark Environments or Light Enviornments (RE5)
Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/Revalations) or Place to Place (RE5/6)
Survival Horror or Survival Action
Organization (Treasures/Buying, Selling, Upgrading): Suvival/Briefcase (RE1/2/3/4) Square/Box (RE5) None (RE6)
HUD: None (RE1/2/3) Circle (RE4/5) Futuristic (RE6)
Melee: Special Condition (RE4/5) Attack Button (RE6)

Anything else?
#2largerockPosted 12/27/2012 7:44:41 AM
Control type: Fluid (RE6)
Dodges: 3 Button Dodge (Re6)
Enemies: Mix.
No potnahs.
Dark Environments.
Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/Revalations)
Survival Horror
Organization (Treasures/Buying, Selling, Upgrading): Square/Box (RE5)
HUD: None (RE1/2/3)
Melee: Mix

IMO.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3DJKenKen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 8:06:11 AM
oh and heres a cool logo i made lol.
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9245/residentevil7background.jpg
#4largerockPosted 12/27/2012 8:08:09 AM
Nice lil logo ya made there.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#5ridley723Posted 12/27/2012 8:47:41 AM
DJKenKen posted...
Taking considerations from all past Resident Evil games and RE6's sales, I feel its time for them to examine what they feel might work best, but fans know whats best too. So what i'm asking is, what would you want in RE7?

Control type: Tank (RE4/RE5) or Fluid (RE6)
Dodges: Button Promts (RE4/RE5) or 3 Button Dodge (Re6)
Enemies: Zombies or Zombie Soldiers
Partners or No Partners?
Dark Environments or Light Enviornments (RE5)
Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/Revalations) or Place to Place (RE5/6)
Survival Horror or Survival Action
Organization (Treasures/Buying, Selling, Upgrading): Suvival/Briefcase (RE1/2/3/4) Square/Box (RE5) None (RE6)
HUD: None (RE1/2/3) Circle (RE4/5) Futuristic (RE6)
Melee: Special Condition (RE4/5) Attack Button (RE6)

Anything else?

-Fluid (going backwards control-wise is idiotic)
-3 Button Dodge
-Both zombies/zombie soldiers
-The drop-in, drop-out that Dead Space 3 is incorporating is a great idea. Like that.
-Both light and dark environments
-Could care less about the environment setting
-Could care less if it's horror or action. As long as it's fun and has replay value.
-The attache in RE4 was perfect, but it does take away from the fluidity of the game they created in 5 and onward. I guess the RE6 system, but with upgrades and treasure.
-Don't care about the HUD
-RE6 melee was great. I hope they keep it.
#6good_tobiPosted 12/28/2012 1:42:12 PM
DJKenKen posted...
oh and heres a cool logo i made lol.
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9245/residentevil7background.jpg

love it
---
Save tigers from extinction.
#7GoldsicklePosted 12/28/2012 2:31:29 PM
Dash button should just be the "Dodge" button.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#8sflowers539Posted 12/28/2012 2:33:46 PM
Control type: Tank (RE4/RE5) or Fluid (RE6) - Tank
Dodges: Button Promts (RE4/RE5) or 3 Button Dodge (Re6) - Button Prompts
Enemies: Zombies or Zombie Soldiers - Zombies
Partners or No Partners? - Partners, it has been improved to the point where we would miss it if it were gone now
Dark Environments or Light Enviornments (RE5) - Light Environments for the most part
Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/Revalations) or Place to Place (RE5/6) - Trapped
Survival Horror or Survival Action - These are the same type of thing now, SH alone don't exist anymore
Organization (Treasures/Buying, Selling, Upgrading): Suvival/Briefcase (RE1/2/3/4) - Both like in RE4
Square/Box (RE5) None (RE6) - I don't know what you mean
HUD: None (RE1/2/3) Circle (RE4/5) Futuristic (RE6) - Fururistic
Melee: Special Condition (RE4/5) Attack Button (RE6) - Attack condition
#9zombiabsolPosted 12/28/2012 3:07:31 PM
Campaigns, 3 of them
-First campaign is co-op and is like jakes

-Second is also co-op and plays like leons campaign, but actually scary all the time and has puzzles. Like leon mixed with revelations but better

-Third is stealth, like adas first chapter but way better, lots of exploration and awesome boss fights , is solo but has optional co-op

Environments will be open for exploration and you can get lost if you dont use your map.

-First campaign ventures from place to place but you actually control your character to move to that place, you dont just appear there at the beginning of the chapter. -ADA CHAPTER 2, CHRIS CHAPTER 5-

-Second campaign leaves you in a trapped environment trying to escape, backtracking is a focus, especially on puzzles and opening up into a larger area (revelations)

-Third campaign is a mix of both, you go to different places, but you have to sneak,survive, and backtrack to find your way out and to the next.

-Controls can be set to tank or fluid like re6, in game or at the main screen.
-has puzzle difficulty settings like silent hill downpour, for those who dont like puzzles but want to play that campaign
-Camera is adjustable like re6
-Everything can be changed mid or pre-game, like re6.
-Hints and directions can be turned off, so you dont have the game telling you to kill all the enemies like you cant figure that out for yourself
-Map and HUD can be turned on an off with the press of a button, but can be set to always stay on, or off if you dont want to know anything for some reason.
- dodge can be set to button prompt or like re6
- qte' assist available, to make qte's harder,normal, or done with one button press. ( since people like and hate them)
-dog tags
-mercenaries
-onslaught
-survivors
-predator mode, with nemesis and ustanak
-siege mode
- horde mode
- has fan favorite characters like barry,hunk,rebecca,carlos, sheva, and others from past games, including main characters, available to play in any of the online modes.
-Each character has three unlockable costumes
-Costumes can be used in campaign
- 10 stages
-dlc for future costumes and stages, to increase replay value

cant think of anything else..
---
The more things change, the more they stay the same
#10CaliebJPosted 12/28/2012 3:20:28 PM
What I think would do well or atleast what I would want to see is more puzzles and none of this guiding crap they have in 5 and 6. Instead keep the traditional map as in 1,2,or 3 make it to where you have to look not it tells you thats kinda depressing honestly. have the difficulties change what the game is like (survival horror, survival action) for example make it to where easier difficulties give you more ammo, while harder difficulties reduce ammo dramatically or make a whole other option where you can choose then the difficulty just affect damage and attack etc. Keep the traditional game play and remove the chapters I hate missing something and having to start all over again. Keep it multiplayer that way you can have you and a partner doing 2 separate things and since not done in chapters have the partner joining take control of the alternate character and oh ya FIX the AI its absolutely horrible lol. Bring back the traditional partners (chris and jill; leon and claire; billy and rebecca) or make the teams customizable where you can pick who you are and your partner and it includes all the characters from the previous resident evils, or just have all AIs involved and so you could do massive survival yet do not increase ammo so while you have more players you have to share that much more ammo. No more ammo drops have ammo and health limited, but also create a way for the characters to recover (etc resting where you have to have someone guard him or her) create incentives for beating the game on harder difficulties and in certain times that was a very hard way to unlock things. A massive survival horror with multiple players I think would be very fun and it wouldnt be hard to do being as you have neo umbrella which they are all trying to destroy, but most importantly make it dark again. I want to be scared with the new graphics bring back that traditional atmosphere. and since resident evil decided to follow the movie and make the virus transferable via being bitten you should also have to find antidotes for the virus (the one thing I liked about RE:ORC) yet have it the more you get bit and heal the higher your immunity to the virus gets so the more times you can be bitten before infected. just my ideals