What you'd want in RE7

#11jastenPosted 12/28/2012 3:37:57 PM
Pretty much Resident Evil 6 with more puzzles... this is easily the best game in the series mehanically and I'm getting to the point I'd argue story wise. Only Code Veronica might compare story wise.

It must be co op though... after RE5 and RE6 I can actually live without a pure SP mode for this game. Just way too fun with a friend and probably why I am really really loving this game compared to some people.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#12good_tobiPosted 12/31/2012 6:17:59 PM
jasten posted...
Pretty much Resident Evil 6 with more puzzles... this is easily the best game in the series mehanically and I'm getting to the point I'd argue story wise. Only Code Veronica might compare story wise.

It must be co op though... after RE5 and RE6 I can actually live without a pure SP mode for this game. Just way too fun with a friend and probably why I am really really loving this game compared to some people.

co-op is the only thing that I really don't like in RE6.
---
Save tigers from extinction.
#13hunter_7289Posted 12/31/2012 6:51:59 PM
Well, I have a pretty long list...

-Hunters
-3/4 of Chris Redfield separated from another 1/4 of Chris Redfield
- Characters finally having real relationships
- A helicopter crash
- Bosses that are actually difficult and not forgettable
- Infinite RPG
- Survival choices
- Multiple alternate endings
- Less effective hand to hand (More of a last resort)
- Puzzles that don't seem completely random and out of place
- At least one boulder (perhaps one that can be used against enemies)
- Partners that feel necessary and actually make the game more enjoyable
- A story that doesn't feel like a bunch of loosely tied random events
- Mercenaries that focuses on survival and killing enemies instead of chasing time or getting a long combo
- Zombie Crows
- Upgrade system similar to RE4 merchant
- Optional objectives that can affect story
- Oh and Hunters
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#14Dicer7Posted 12/31/2012 7:36:14 PM
-Alex Wesker becoming the main villain. He seems like Capcom's ace-in-the-hole for bringing in an actually interesting and badass villian without giving in to the ridiculous cries of fans to bring back Albert. Jake or Chris (or both) taking on a supposedly immortal Alex Wesker would be a great final battle for this series. Simmons and Carla were really lame but Alex Wesker has a lot of potential.
-Leon and Ada getting some closure. Whether they run off and get married or one of them dies protecting the other or they both die I just want SOMETHING to happen that changes the nature of their relationship. Also I'd really like to see Ada and the Organization's endgame (if it's even still relevant as I feel RE6 makes out Ada to just be a spy for hire without any real agenda).
-Chris retiring from the BSAA at the end (or being killed off).
-Claire and Jill being involved somehow.
-Any affirmation to the existence of Barry, Rebecca and other "forgotten" characters of the series.

That's pretty much what I hope for in the next game. In the end I felt RE6 did little to progress the story outside of adding Jake and Sherry.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#15BlueRamzaPosted 12/31/2012 7:36:45 PM
Fluid (RE6) and 3 Button Dodge (Re6) The Enemies will have to be be more aggressive to make up for it though.

Enemies: Super Fast Zombies with insect allies.

No Partners

Dark, Rainy, Snowy, Foggy, Environments

Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/) Narrow corridors, enemies on ceilings, underground etc

Survival Action Survival horror doesn't seem to get a lot of attention any more, environment and gore will have to make up the defcianty

Suvival/Briefcase (RE4) This was the best storage ever. Bring it back already.

HUD Circle (RE4/5) or Futuristic (RE6) Both were pretty good

Attack Button (RE6) but with more variations. Up + Attack punch, Down + attack kick, and so on. You could combine all the buttons on the PS3 control if you want for numerous attacks. Even and a super attack mod if you wanted to.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#16Spade59Posted 12/31/2012 8:22:50 PM
Since RE is competing with CoD I recommend these changes.

- No inventory
- Unlimited Ammo
- Removal of items
- Complete regenerating health
- Melee attacks all OHKO and have full invincibility
- QTEs for walking and running
- Very short, linear and low-difficulty "campaign"
- Quota of at least 40 cutscene explosions
- Robust cover mechanic
- Bullet time mechanic
- Killstreaks and perks
- Online modes like TDM and CTF
#17WesternShotgunPosted 12/31/2012 9:10:19 PM
This is probably just a dream but would love another 4-way storyline, this time maybe with Barry, Rebecca, Bruce and George in lead. Very unlikely about George I know (for those who've forgotten he was the doctor PC who was my favorite in the Outbreak series ... was I the only one who loved the Outbreak games?) but I guess I don't mind his slot being given to Claire/Jill/Sheva/Carlos instead.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Jeanne d'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Final Fantasy Dimensions
#18IlDankoPosted 12/31/2012 9:23:07 PM
Spade59 posted...
Since RE is competing with CoD I recommend these changes.

- No inventory
- Unlimited Ammo
- Removal of items
- Complete regenerating health
- Melee attacks all OHKO and have full invincibility
- QTEs for walking and running
- Very short, linear and low-difficulty "campaign"
- Quota of at least 40 cutscene explosions
- Robust cover mechanic
- Bullet time mechanic
- Killstreaks and perks
- Online modes like TDM and CTF

Yeah.. Go to hell..... And happy new year
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#19GoldsicklePosted 12/31/2012 9:24:57 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3seeam/
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#20Neutron15Posted 12/31/2012 9:30:19 PM
Control type: Tank (RE4/RE5)
Dodges: Button Promts (RE4/RE5) specially 3
Enemies: Zombies , b.o.w.s
Solo , Two player -Mercenaries etc...
Dark Environments
Trapped Environment (RE1/2/3/Revalations)
Survival Horror
Organization (Treasures/Buying, Selling, Upgrading): Suvival/Briefcase (RE1/2/3/4)
HUD: None (RE1/2/3)
Melee: only when your being attack by zombie
Infection / Poison etc...
Ammo Creation
Puzzles that changes randomly like in RE 3
No infinite ammo
A mini game where you have to kill many b.o.w.s
---
When One Person Is Cursed Two Graves Are Dug And After Your Body Dies Your Soul Will Go To Hell As Well