Should I get this game?

#1cpo335Posted 12/27/2012 9:53:54 AM
I got a $50 Amazon.com gift card and I've been looking at RE6 and Hitman: Absolution. I played the demo to this and liked it, except it felt very clunky, especially the shooting. I don't know if I could handle that, especially when there are so many opther shooters on the current market that trump this one in terms of fluid mechanics and gameplay (not that this is a shooter). But anyways, the few things that bugged me were the clunky mechanics and the camera, which is so damn close to the player, it literally cuts off half the screen and I can't see what I'm doing.

What do you guys think? I've read reviews from IGN, GS, GT, and machinima, (also watched a few Let's play) and there is honestly no similiarties besides the mention of clunky gameplay and a good story.

I'm just having trouble getting off the fence I guess. Especially since Hitman looks great.
---
"...a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock."
#2largerockPosted 12/27/2012 10:21:30 AM(edited)
Depends, do you want some good ol' co-op or not?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3desi_shinobiPosted 12/27/2012 10:37:07 AM
Give it a rent first then see if its worth the purchase for you. Only you can judge whether its worth the money or not.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#4kingrat2314Posted 12/27/2012 5:45:19 PM
I didn't have any trouble with the gameplay or the camera, but if it is a problem for you I suggest going for Hitman Absolution, which is also a very good game.
---
Never thought I'd see so many people act so proud of having terrible grammar.
#5YoradaPosted 12/27/2012 6:54:12 PM
I got a $50 Amazon.com gift card and I've been looking at RE6 and Hitman: Absolution. I played the demo to this and liked it, except it felt very clunky, especially the shooting. I don't know if I could handle that, especially when there are so many opther shooters on the current market that trump this one in terms of fluid mechanics and gameplay (not that this is a shooter). But anyways, the few things that bugged me were the clunky mechanics and the camera, which is so damn close to the player, it literally cuts off half the screen and I can't see what I'm doing.

That's what I felt too playing the demo. And then I played the full game when the new patch was released. And my opinion of it changed. I love this game. The new camera makes things SO much better.
---
Of course any game on the PS2 that includes stealth elements is going to be compared to His Holiness, Solid Snake. - IGN
#6RubyHairedJinPosted 12/27/2012 7:03:45 PM
Wait til the new DLC modes are released otherwise just rent it.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia, RE:Revelations.
FC: 5241-2658-8025