How much do you think the movies helped Resident Evil become MORE popular

#1zombiabsolPosted 12/29/2012 7:40:03 PM
i know games came out before the movies, but i started playing the games a couple years ago.
I knew about the movies first though, so my question is, on a scale of one to ten how much do you think the movies helped the franchise become more well known.
Id say a 6. I meet people who love the movies, but didnt even know there were games.
---
The more things change, the more they stay the same
#2dr_zombergPosted 12/29/2012 7:55:56 PM
a lot. unfortunately, for the same reason (catering to -lol- fans of the movies), capcom turned a survival horror games to generic action shooters
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#3tevin1569Posted 12/29/2012 11:26:20 PM
I'd say a 7.. They made it more mainstream I guess. A lot of people I know thought the movies came out first. :P.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#4Infectedglore2Posted 12/29/2012 11:30:07 PM
Idk, when RE4 came out it was a hype that I don't believe the movies ever had and I have many very casual friends who still very much prefer RE4 (...and 5) than the movies.
#5DarkD3stinyPosted 12/30/2012 2:46:21 AM(edited)
People who haven't played the re games love the re movies. They make re very popular to people who haven't played the games. I started playing re when they came out and so Ive known the games first. Im one of those rare people who like the re movies and I like Alice and for me the movies are a good addition to the games. It would be better if the movies had more people from the games and more creatures from the games though. Btw Id say 6/10.
#6Neutron15Posted 12/30/2012 2:48:03 AM
---
When One Person Is Cursed Two Graves Are Dug And After Your Body Dies Your Soul Will Go To Hell As Well
#7good_tobiPosted 1/2/2013 5:51:11 PM
scale of 1 to 10, 4
---
Save tigers from extinction.
#8coolmig01Posted 1/2/2013 6:00:00 PM
i don't think the movies helped the games all that much. Most people who like the movies, either don't know about the games, or the games aren't the type of games they would play. I mean, really. They watch Alice kick butt in the movies, if they were to want to play a Resident Evil game, they probably want to play as Alice in some 3rd person hack and slash. Alice isn't in the games and Resident Evil games may not be very survival horror-ish anymore, but they certainly aren't some generic hack and slash.

Then there are very rare people like me who appreciates both AS SEPARATE UNIVERSES. (As in, i don't ever want to see Alice in an RE game!)

Sooo.... i'll see about 2/10
---
Excited for RE6? add me! PSN: coolmig01