Why does Capcom keep changing the VAs of the characters?

#1YoradaPosted 12/30/2012 7:42:14 PM
The only consistent one so far has been Alyson Croft (Claire). Hopefully they''ll never replace her.
---
Of course any game on the PS2 that includes stealth elements is going to be compared to His Holiness, Solid Snake. - IGN
#2Chunx907Posted 12/30/2012 7:48:07 PM
Well, Roger Craig Smith as Chris Redfield was a good call.

Matthew Mercer as Leon isn't bad, but... dammit, this character doesn't feel right at all without Paul Mercier.

And I think the VA for Jill in RE5 was quite good. Shame they had to go and replace her.
#3DecaprePosted 12/30/2012 7:50:07 PM
Ada's leather jeans couldn't be handled by the last voice actor.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#4chaostdkPosted 12/30/2012 7:53:06 PM
the VAs could have had other commitments that didn't fit in with capcoms deadlines.
#5GoldsicklePosted 12/30/2012 7:53:36 PM
Not everybody wants to do the same thing over and over and in some cases, some actors' schedule are full.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6AnimesetsunaPosted 12/30/2012 8:00:11 PM
I can't stand Matthew Mercer and Courtenay Taylor voices. Their voices are boring.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa, RE6 web manual:- http://game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/
#7slapper1Posted 12/30/2012 8:12:14 PM
Roger was an awesome choice as Chris, Paul was the best Leon and Alysson is always great as Claire. I still liked Courtney and Matt in this game, they did a good job in my book.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#8Candy__GirlPosted 12/30/2012 8:53:03 PM
Chunx907 posted...
Well, Roger Craig Smith as Chris Redfield was a good call.

Matthew Mercer as Leon isn't bad, but... dammit, this character doesn't feel right at all without Paul Mercier.

And I think the VA for Jill in RE5 was quite good. Shame they had to go and replace her.

I second this.
#9NS_Sonic204Posted 12/30/2012 9:04:54 PM
I find it rather amusing that Paul Mercier and Matthew Mercer have such similar surnames.
---
Nice! Your fruit killing skills are remarkable.
#10nina_chanPosted 12/30/2012 9:13:12 PM
Well, it's not like Capcom has complete control over the VAs. There might be people who refuse, scheduling conflicts, different talent agencies being used, etc. Also, some of them are getting pretty old. Sally Cahill, Ada's VA, is already pushing like forty, and that will probably affect her voice.