Next RE Game(s)

#1ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 12/31/2012 8:04:38 PM
What kind of new RE game(s) are you hoping for next? - Results (32 votes)
A Survival Horror Main Title (RE0-RE3)
37.5% (12 votes)
A Survival Action Main Title (RE4-RE6)
40.63% (13 votes)
Two Side Stories: One Horror And One Action (RE:REV/RE:ORC)
15.63% (5 votes)
Other (Please Specify)
6.25% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I know there is a lot of polarization on the topic, but I wanted to know exactly what people are hoping for the future of the series:

-An old school RE title, taking mainly elements from RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, RE:CV, etc.
-A new RE title that is takes mainly after RE4, RE5, RE6, etc.
-Side stories focusing on one particular style, such as was the case of RE:REV (horror) and RE:ORC (action)
-Other type of RE games, such as shooters (RE Survivor and RE Dead Aim), mini-games (RE: The Mercenaries 3D), an online multiplayer (RE: Outbreak 1 and 2), etc.
#2GoldsicklePosted 12/31/2012 8:08:27 PM
I've been playing horror games for over a decade.

I'm fully aware that at this point, it's getting harder for me to get scared, as long as the "horror" consist of physical monsters that can be felled by conventional weapons or means.

It doesn't matter what the next RE chooses to be, as long as the gameplay is creative and the controls are functional.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3YoradaPosted 12/31/2012 9:46:05 PM
RE6 gameplay with Lost in Nightmares/Leon Chapter 1 campaign atmosphere.
---
Of course any game on the PS2 that includes stealth elements is going to be compared to His Holiness, Solid Snake. - IGN
#4good_tobiPosted 1/2/2013 7:21:12 PM
Goldsickle posted...
I've been playing horror games for over a decade.

I'm fully aware that at this point, it's getting harder for me to get scared, as long as the "horror" consist of physical monsters that can be felled by conventional weapons or means.

It doesn't matter what the next RE chooses to be, as long as the gameplay is creative and the controls are functional.

yeah after so many games and movies, its hard getting scared, well until I watched Ju-On. RE should adopt some psychological horror theme.
---
Save tigers from extinction.