You know what I miss about classic RE?

#1ZeeDoggePosted 1/1/2013 6:18:40 PM
Pressing a button to climb stairs. When you lose control of your character like that, it really creates suspense, and it doesn't feel like Doom where you can just move around
#2edward18Posted 1/1/2013 6:19:40 PM
Sorry?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3GoldsicklePosted 1/1/2013 6:23:05 PM
The only thing I missed about the old RE was how everything wasn't divided into chapters.

I'm indifferent to limited ammo and lean to disliking the limited save.

I hate about everything else.

ZeeDogge posted...
When you lose control of your character like that, it really creates suspense, and it doesn't feel like Doom where you can just move around

It's scarier if the stairs are part of the walk-able environment.

In previous RE games where the stairs acted like a "portal", you can make use of it to evade or escape enemies.
In the first game, zombies and Hunters can't go up and down the stairs.
You can walk down the stairs and shoot a Hunter running against an invisible wall, trying to chase you down.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#4IlDankoPosted 1/1/2013 6:24:05 PM
You mean about those little cutscenes when you opened doors and took long stairways????
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#5ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 6:24:44 PM
IlDanko posted...
You mean about those little cutscenes when you opened doors and took long stairways????

No, within the same room using a button to climb stairs
#6Infectedglore2Posted 1/1/2013 6:28:02 PM
Yeah, me too! I also miss killing plants because plants are the epitome of horror.
#7ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 6:29:38 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
Yeah, me too! I also miss killing plants because plants are the epitome of horror.

I think we've gotten to the root of the problem
#8Neutron15Posted 1/1/2013 6:32:39 PM
Ammo Creation and Live Selection
---
When One Person Is Cursed Two Graves Are Dug And After Your Body Dies Your Soul Will Go To Hell As Well
#9ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 6:33:38 PM
Neutron15 posted...
Ammo Creation and Live Selection

Ugh, lock on. It was much scarier when you had to turn slowly to aim. It was much more tactical
#10Infectedglore2Posted 1/1/2013 6:34:31 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...

I think we've gotten to the root of the problem

"ChRIs, CHRis, ArE yOU OOkayYY??" "I caN'T beLIeve... WHAT the HELL IS thIS plACE ANYwAYS"? Ah, the amazing voice acting sure fit into the horror. Every time I get to a cutscene, I cringe.