Quickshot

#1Infectedglore2Posted 1/1/2013 9:00:59 PM
I don't know why people think this is a new thing and makes the games easier. Old RE has always had quickshot.
#2ZeeDoggePosted 1/1/2013 9:05:32 PM
I wish more shooters had quickshot. Usually CQC in shooters looks like a mess of moving around randomly as you lose track of each other because of the FOV
#3Starsoul_klrPosted 1/1/2013 9:06:31 PM
It semi-auto targets the nearest enemy and sets them up for the normal melee. It does have weaknesses like it's useless against armored enemies with weaker enemies and you could hit explosive items point-blank.

By semi-auto I mean it doesn't always hit evasive enemies like Dogs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#4ZeeDoggePosted 1/1/2013 9:12:13 PM
Starsoul_klr posted...
It semi-auto targets the nearest enemy and sets them up for the normal melee. It does have weaknesses like it's useless against armored enemies with weaker enemies and you could hit explosive items point-blank.

By semi-auto I mean it doesn't always hit evasive enemies like Dogs.

The melee you get out of it is also weak. I like to quickshot, then get a headshot in the stun to pull a 1 hit kill
#5occupation_bobPosted 1/1/2013 9:24:59 PM
I liked using the quickshot stun rod thing. I could run up to enemies, stun up to like 3 or 4 enemies if they were grouped together, then do whatever the heck I please.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#6GoldsicklePosted 1/1/2013 11:30:54 PM
In any old RE (besides the American release of the first RE), pressing the "draw weapon" button will automatically target you towards the nearest enemy.
There's also a "re-aim" button that lets you switch targets or maintain your aim on an enemy.

Dual aiming in Code: VERONICA is a lot more convenient than in RE6, since you automatically target two enemies at once.

The Wii version of RE4 has a "quick shot" knife.
Just swing the Wii remote and Leon will not only slash at the nearest enemy but even adjust the slash level, like lowering his aim to hit an enemy lying down.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7OhhSnapPosted 1/1/2013 11:35:47 PM
oh how i love quickshot with those stupid dogs.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#8Percocet_QueenPosted 1/2/2013 12:09:08 AM
Infectedglore2 posted...
I don't know why people think this is a new thing and makes the games easier. Old RE has always had quickshot.

I don't think it makes the game itself easier...it does make taking down those dogs in Mercenaries mode easier though.
---
www.youtube.com/RainyDayGaming
PSN: Raynbow-Crash
#9Infectedglore2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:52:27 PM
Goldsickle posted...
In any old RE (besides the American release of the first RE), pressing the "draw weapon" button will automatically target you towards the nearest enemy.
There's also a "re-aim" button that lets you switch targets or maintain your aim on an enemy.

Dual aiming in Code: VERONICA is a lot more convenient than in RE6, since you automatically target two enemies at once.

The Wii version of RE4 has a "quick shot" knife.
Just swing the Wii remote and Leon will not only slash at the nearest enemy but even adjust the slash level, like lowering his aim to hit an enemy lying down.

This guy gets it.