Would RE6 have been better as one long story instead of campaigns?

#21good_tobiPosted 1/2/2013 12:37:08 PM
tevin1569 posted...

I really want to see Jill meet Jake :D. But I don't want Chris to be over with :(. My point exactly this had a much bigger story than other games...I like how people are stuck between it being awesome and it being horrible. I thought it was better than 5, it was eh for me. But I had so much fun with all the campaigns that I didn't care. If I wasn't spoiled on the story from being dumb and looking in comments about RE6 I would of been shocked.. I was still kind of shocked when I played though...:p

Why Jill and Jake? I would rather let Jill take care of Jessica, as Jessica seems quiet interested about her relationship with Chris and also after knowing her involvement with Tricell, I think Jill needs to settle the score there, likewise would love if Jake meets with Claire to see if he is going to like (friendly) her or hate her being Chris's sister.

Capcom is obviously not done with Chris but honestly his story is over after Wesker is done. He may have differences to settle with Jake but as seen in RE6, it seems Jake is not like his father and their issues could be sorted out peacefully behind the scenes. Capcom can still bring on Chris but it will not be much fun or excitement to keep on playing as him. Introducing a new villain and making things personal either killing Jill or Claire can possibly revamp his character. My opinion anyway.

I like how people are stuck between it being awesome and it being horrible. I thought it was better than 5, it was eh for me. But I had so much fun with all the campaigns that I didn't care.

its due to the fact that RE has got mix of classic and new fans. Honestly speaking the game is best in the series with improvements in every departments of past RE games, but along the improvements came some flaws like too cinematic. Yeah, with fluid controls and good story, I had a real fun too.
---
Save tigers from extinction.
#22tevin1569Posted 1/2/2013 12:55:18 PM
good_tobi posted...
tevin1569 posted...

I really want to see Jill meet Jake :D. But I don't want Chris to be over with :(. My point exactly this had a much bigger story than other games...I like how people are stuck between it being awesome and it being horrible. I thought it was better than 5, it was eh for me. But I had so much fun with all the campaigns that I didn't care. If I wasn't spoiled on the story from being dumb and looking in comments about RE6 I would of been shocked.. I was still kind of shocked when I played though...:p

Why Jill and Jake? I would rather let Jill take care of Jessica, as Jessica seems quiet interested about her relationship with Chris and also after knowing her involvement with Tricell, I think Jill needs to settle the score there, likewise would love if Jake meets with Claire to see if he is going to like (friendly) her or hate her being Chris's sister.

Capcom is obviously not done with Chris but honestly his story is over after Wesker is done. He may have differences to settle with Jake but as seen in RE6, it seems Jake is not like his father and their issues could be sorted out peacefully behind the scenes. Capcom can still bring on Chris but it will not be much fun or excitement to keep on playing as him. Introducing a new villain and making things personal either killing Jill or Claire can possibly revamp his character. My opinion anyway.

I like how people are stuck between it being awesome and it being horrible. I thought it was better than 5, it was eh for me. But I had so much fun with all the campaigns that I didn't care.

its due to the fact that RE has got mix of classic and new fans. Honestly speaking the game is best in the series with improvements in every departments of past RE games, but along the improvements came some flaws like too cinematic. Yeah, with fluid controls and good story, I had a real fun too.

Well I had this idea about Jessica...Jill going in hearing about Jessica and Jake being a mercenary being hired to kill Jessica..And it goes wrong and they both get captured and have to work together to escape.. Jill slowly reveals what happened with her boss after Jessica say "Never though I'd see Jill Valentine again after getting brainwashed by her boss"...and Jake slowly learns why it was also personal for Chris to kill Wesker... so they have to escape with a bunch of BOWS and stuff. I also want Sherry to take out Jessica... D: I just have this idea of Sherry going undercover to a party to take Jessica in and the whole place gets infected with undead while Jessica escapes and Sherry has to escape underground learning there was a lot more to Jessica than she was told...Yeah I'm pathetic haha :P. I just really liked seeing Jake and Sherry.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#23BIack_DynamitePosted 1/2/2013 12:57:42 PM
Nobody's "story is done". They dont have a set story. They just have new stories each time. If they had a set story, then it seems Claire is done, since she doesn't fight bioterrorism. Jake is done, hes just helping kids with apples. Sherry is happy shes free. Helena is free. Leon doesn't even have a story, hes just getting involved as a way to do another Leon and Ada plot.

If this was the case, then Jill still has to deal with Nicholai if hes alive. Jill and Chris have Jessica and Raymond, and Alex Wesker, all unsolved stories that Capcom have created to leave the door open. Leon will obviously get thrown in there just to have him take part and Ada will too so they can flirt and get nowhere again. They need to stop dragging Ada out as the mysterious spy for another 10 years and start explaining.
#24YunFang1130Posted 1/2/2013 1:50:22 PM
good_tobi posted...
YunFang1130 posted...
gamestop27 posted...
The problems with this game have nothing to do with the story and all to do with poor decisions on the gameplay.

No, I would say the story is included too. Some people may have criticised RE5 for whatever reasons, but at least it had a purpose, which was to close the book on the rivalry between Chris and Wesker. As to RE6, I somewhat felt like it was completely pointless. The Ada & Leon pairing still remains unresolved, and no information about Ada was revealed. Chris on the other hand, I feel like his story is finished, but yet he's still here?

I have nothing to say about the gameplay because Capcom did fix the camera and other things, soooo..

In today games, a good story is very important to get good critical reception for adventure game which alone will mask half of the game flaws. Think of any recent modern games for this.........

People criticizing RE5 = too action oriented ala Chris Campaign in RE6. But some fans love it and Capcom knows this and thus, RE will never fully go back to its roots.

RE6 story was pointless?? yeah Generally 'cause it has too many plot holes and director messed few things up like
why Leon and Helena are heading for quad tower? being explained in prologue but not in main game.
but as of RE standard, its the best with the story much broader,deeper,interconnected and best suspense (unless you were spoiled already).

As for Leon-Ada, the point was to have new development and it did. Don't expect their relationship to be resolved until their last game.

And yeah Chris story is done but RE6 had a nice farewell story for him.......

I agree. IMO, games that have excellent storylines, and a great atmosphere are the ones that people will remember for many years. It has much of a lasting impact than what the gameplay has to offer. TLOZ: Ocarina of time is a great example along with probably some of the earlier RE games.

Nope, I highly doubt RE will go back to its survival horror roots either. But, I'll admit that I had a lot of fun with Chris's campaign than Leon's. Still though, even if it was too action oriented, at least RE5 didn't feel like a complete waste.

LOL! I didn't catch that part. How did Leon know there were survivors at the Quad tower anyway? The prologue in my opinion should've been a brief start to every campaign Meaning, how the Tall Oaks incident happened with the gas, the starting of the terrorism in Langshiang, etc. I was spoiled before the game came out, but I still found it to be "below average". Even the files found on RE.net were a lot more interesting than what was given to us.
#25chaostdkPosted 1/2/2013 3:05:01 PM
skermac posted...
Take Ada and Leon's campaigns for example, they both have the same Simmons fight, except she is in a helicopter. Boring to do that long battle twice and reduces replayability. Plus it shows lack of creativeness on Capcoms part.

whoa no way. you mean to tell me that these two characters, who intersect each other at certain points in the story, may end up having to fight the same enemies in their intersected parts?

omg. are you a rocket surgeon?
#26good_tobiPosted 1/2/2013 5:21:22 PM
YunFang1130 posted...
good_tobi posted...
YunFang1130 posted...
gamestop27 posted...
The problems with this game have nothing to do with the story and all to do with poor decisions on the gameplay.

No, I would say the story is included too. Some people may have criticised RE5 for whatever reasons, but at least it had a purpose, which was to close the book on the rivalry between Chris and Wesker. As to RE6, I somewhat felt like it was completely pointless. The Ada & Leon pairing still remains unresolved, and no information about Ada was revealed. Chris on the other hand, I feel like his story is finished, but yet he's still here?

I have nothing to say about the gameplay because Capcom did fix the camera and other things, soooo..

In today games, a good story is very important to get good critical reception for adventure game which alone will mask half of the game flaws. Think of any recent modern games for this.........

People criticizing RE5 = too action oriented ala Chris Campaign in RE6. But some fans love it and Capcom knows this and thus, RE will never fully go back to its roots.

RE6 story was pointless?? yeah Generally 'cause it has too many plot holes and director messed few things up like
why Leon and Helena are heading for quad tower? being explained in prologue but not in main game.
but as of RE standard, its the best with the story much broader,deeper,interconnected and best suspense (unless you were spoiled already).

As for Leon-Ada, the point was to have new development and it did. Don't expect their relationship to be resolved until their last game.

And yeah Chris story is done but RE6 had a nice farewell story for him.......

I agree. IMO, games that have excellent storylines, and a great atmosphere are the ones that people will remember for many years. It has much of a lasting impact than what the gameplay has to offer. TLOZ: Ocarina of time is a great example along with probably some of the earlier RE games.

Nope, I highly doubt RE will go back to its survival horror roots either. But, I'll admit that I had a lot of fun with Chris's campaign than Leon's. Still though, even if it was too action oriented, at least RE5 didn't feel like a complete waste.

LOL! I didn't catch that part. How did Leon know there were survivors at the Quad tower anyway? The prologue in my opinion should've been a brief start to every campaign Meaning, how the Tall Oaks incident happened with the gas, the starting of the terrorism in Langshiang, etc. I was spoiled before the game came out, but I still found it to be "below average". Even the files found on RE.net were a lot more interesting than what was given to us.

like I said the director messed that part, in prologue he explains the reason to go there but it is never explained how he knew about that.If I remember all Leon said was we wanna help
---
Save tigers from extinction.