So why does capcom hate the classic female leads?

#31sbn4Posted 1/2/2013 5:31:22 PM
RE3 Jill was no more bland than anyone else from the PS1 era.

Claire and Leon weren't as bland to me.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#32xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 1/2/2013 5:52:06 PM
I'd rather have Jill than Claire in the next game, while Jill is bland as ****, I like her because she's like a 'femme-fatale' kinda character which means she can hold her own and go all badass, I like my girls being badass.

Claire has so much personality than Jill obviously, but I just can't buy the whole 'caring' and 'babysitting' thing she has. I'd love to have her as an NPC or a main character in the plot to change it and have that emotional aspect in the story, but I wouldn't want to play as her.

But I respect that others are unlike me and love to have the caring, sensitive main lead so yeah. Big Bros got Chris and Leon in RE5/6, Badass girls got Jill and Ada in RE5/6, so why not Claire? It's only fair I guess.
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#33sbn4Posted 1/2/2013 5:58:04 PM
I'd rather have Jill than Claire in the next game, while Jill is bland as ****, I like her because she's like a 'femme-fatale' kinda character which means she can hold her own and go all badass, I like my girls being badass.

But isn't Ada the token femme fatale of the series. D:

And to me, Jill strikes me as a nice girl, but she can beat you down if necessary.
---
#34Infectedglore2Posted 1/2/2013 5:59:26 PM
Plant42 posted...
Lemme sum up Chris:

Oh I've struggled hard but lemme keep struggling!

Sad that after starring in 5 and 6 he is still no where near as interesting as Jill was on PS1.

Don't take offense at this because I like Jill too, I just want to use this because its kind of true...

Lemme sum up Jill:
Help Barry. I'm a generic character.

(had exclamation marks at first but thought this would fit better)
#35ragnardemonPosted 1/2/2013 6:10:12 PM
RE1 Jill: Scarred, cautious and quick to trust.

RE3 Jill: Stronger, braver, more passionate, takes charge, not as trusting, no-nonsense.

RE5 Jill: More mature, has lightened up a bit, can crack jokes and is very supportive of others.

Jill has evolved over time. Chris is the same character he was 16 years ago.
#36Hello4438Posted 1/2/2013 6:14:56 PM
Chris is one of the most boring leads in any video game ever.
#37Infectedglore2Posted 1/2/2013 6:17:31 PM
ragnardemon posted...
RE1 Jill: Scarred, cautious and quick to trust.

RE3 Jill: Stronger, braver, more passionate, takes charge, not as trusting, no-nonsense.

RE5 Jill: More mature, has lightened up a bit, can crack jokes and is very supportive of others.

Jill has evolved over time. Chris is the same character he was 16 years ago.

Um RE6 Chris is much more different than RE1 Chris. In fact REmake Chris is different from RE1 Chris. Besides Chris' main personality, the caring about others, the value on human life is one of the best personality you can have and he had it even during his
"douchebag" mode in RE6. Chris is like a good father. And you can clearly see Chris' emotion when he fights Wesker and every time team members die in RE6. (he was bland as **** in Revelations though).

I can't even tell what the personality of Jill is. Shes brave and strong sure... but what else? Is she witty? Is she caring? There is rarely any time she shows any emotion, even when Nem brings down that helicopter her gasp seems forced and nonchalent. (RE5 is the exception where she actually has a personality which was taken away in Revelations)
#38CarnageElitePosted 1/2/2013 6:20:53 PM
Wasn't Jill sad about all the deaths of her teammates in RE1? Wasn't she angry towards Wesker? Wasn't she saddened by the death of Mikhail and she collapses to her knees when she thinks Carlos died outside the Gas Station?

People need to take off their blinders when they start bashing Jill. She has every bit of character that Chris has. Chris isn't some all amazing deep character. He's a generic jarhead who now just mopes around every game before finding the strength to finish. Same story over and over.
#39sbn4Posted 1/2/2013 6:36:17 PM
Wasn't Jill sad about all the deaths of her teammates in RE1? Wasn't she angry towards Wesker? Wasn't she saddened by the death of Mikhail and she collapses to her knees when she thinks Carlos died outside the Gas Station?

Chris was also unhappy about it. In fact, he acts out more angrily than Jill does. If Rebecca dies, he even lunges at Wesker. He was effected enough to go after Umbrella alone. Chris goes to great length to find Jill again. And portrayed perhaps the best emotion when his team gets wiped out in RE6.

People need to take off their blinders when they start bashing Jill. She has every bit of character that Chris has. Chris isn't some all amazing deep character. He's a generic jarhead who now just mopes around every game before finding the strength to finish. Same story over and over.

Only issue I have with this is I'm tired of people calling Chris generic/boring but then acting like Jill is amazing. Chris is generic. So is Jill. But Chris feels more human to me than Jill ever was. He emotes better and his actions are believable to me. And for the record Chris might be my favorite character, but I do like Jill quiet a bit.
---
#40Infectedglore2Posted 1/2/2013 7:36:24 PM
CarnageElite posted...

All I see is bias towards the military (which is pathetic, really, as I have much more misforgivings towards them than most people). I'm sorry but you have to be blind not to see the emotion Chris at the ending of his campaign. He actually had the MOST emotion and personality in RE6, a lot more than Ada or Leon had in this game, and even Helena whose sister died. Jill? Biggest emotional moment I saw was in RE5 after she was let out of mind control (Chris had just as much trying to free her and even more against Wesker) and with Josh with casual talk. Also in Revelations when Parker seemed to die but even then Chris showed just as much trying to hold his hand.

Jill sad and angry in RE1? Why are you mentioning this when Chris was much more emphatic in those scenes and even had a laugh at Wesker's expense. Perhaps you weren't good enough to finish the game with Chris? Her sadness in RE3 was weaker than Leon's sadness of Mike.