Anyone think Chris should've (massive spoilers)

#1hikari198Posted 1/3/2013 7:17:19 AM
died instead of Piers? It would be better to kill off one of the series' main protagonist and have someone replace him. I would be more interested in 7 if Jake, Piers, and a newcomer starred alongside with some old faces like Claire or Jill. Claire and Piers as partners=best game ever.
---
Battlefield 3 Battlelog Stats
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/phys1calk1ller/stats/174731922/ps3/
#2good_tobiPosted 1/3/2013 7:41:54 AM
been debated again and again.......

Yes, he should but he didn't. Let's end it here.
---
Save tigers from extinction.
#3Neutron15Posted 1/3/2013 7:44:12 AM
good_tobi posted...
been debated again and again.......

Yes, he should but he didn't. Let's end it here.

uses Phoenix Down to revive this topic
---
When One Person Is Cursed Two Graves Are Dug And After Your Body Dies Your Soul Will Go To Hell As Well
#4probablyidkPosted 1/3/2013 7:45:08 AM
I feel like it's time to kill off one of the main characters, only because it's such a cliche to keep them all alive, but no deaths in RE6 were a good way to send off any of them.
#5darkphoenix181Posted 1/3/2013 8:55:08 AM
I would rather they clone him like originally planned in RE Revelations trailer.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#6longstorm555Posted 1/3/2013 12:01:53 PM
this again?

no, not everybody thinks that, yes some people do, and others don't. like it happens with everything. you get different opinions, you get people claiming to be the owner of the truth, you get arguments.

and like i say in each one of these topics:

watch the developer's interview of re6.

chris dying was a silly idea that the developers themselves regretted coming up with it. watch the reasoning behind piers' death and you'll understand why him dying was the best chocie. leave your character favoritism behind and watch it thinking about what they're telling you.

a main character dying to save the other character, a captain sacrificing himself for the greater good has been done countless times. killing off the potention future main character hasn't.

do not, i repeat, do not base your opinon on this forum or youtube, like good_tobi does (hi buddy!). there were countless polls around the internet which showed chris dying was, again, a silly move.

so you see, by creating this topic, you're asking for personal opinions, not facts. fact is, no he shouldn't because that would have created fan backlash and many would have dropped the franchise, like it's been stated on other forums, capcom unity (doesn't get more official than that) and internet polls.

your opinion, however, is another thing. you think he should have, there are others who think the same. i only ask, please, do not go around broadcasting your opinion like the ultimate truth like good_tobi does (hi again buddy!! <3) and in the future, search the board a little. there are two topics about this all with the same four people who have the same opinion as you.
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/3/2013 12:10:56 PM(edited)
Side characters die more than main characters. That's how the Resident Evil verse is.

The only major person Capcom had the gonads to kill was Wesker. Considering he was the current main villain we very well know he was up for a death sentence as literature proves the hero always conquers the villain.

That being said, Chris won't die. He'll probably gather the Sgt.Murtaugh vibe of "I'm too old for this s***" and retire for good after Resident Evil 7.
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#8YunFang1130Posted 1/3/2013 5:26:03 PM
Yes. After Capcom killed off Wesker, I thought they were going to continue with this into the next game. But, putting my fangirl feels by side, I just don't think RE is filled with that "suspense" feeling anymore. Nor does it want to change. All the main characters are indestructible, and there's never a moment where they're put in a life threatening situation. It's always the side characters who are danger and most likely killed (Sheva trying to fall off a plane, Luis dies, Piers mutates after injecting himself with the virus and dies). And this has been done multiple times.

longstorm555 posted...

chris dying was a silly idea that the developers themselves regretted coming up with it. watch the reasoning behind piers' death and you'll understand why him dying was the best chocie. l

They never said they regretted the idea. Only that they couldn't come up with a good way to send him off. Which is ridiculous, but whatever. The silliness and the disregard came from wanting to include more than one Ada in the game.
#9longstorm555Posted 1/3/2013 5:28:58 PM
YunFang1130 posted...
Yes. After Capcom killed off Wesker, I thought they were going to continue with this into the next game. But, putting my fangirl feels by side, I just don't think RE is filled with that "suspense" feeling anymore. Nor does it want to change. All the main characters are indestructible, and there's never a moment where they're put in a life threatening situation. It's always the side characters who are danger and most likely killed (Sheva trying to fall off a plane, Luis dies, Piers mutates after injecting himself with the virus and dies). And this has been done multiple times.

longstorm555 posted...

chris dying was a silly idea that the developers themselves regretted coming up with it. watch the reasoning behind piers' death and you'll understand why him dying was the best chocie. l

They never said they regretted the idea. Only that they couldn't come up with a good way to send him off. Which is ridiculous, but whatever. The silliness and the disregard came from wanting to include more than one Ada in the game.

once you think of something, write it down, and throw it away means you've regretted that idea and discarded it. when you can't think of a way to do something, you know it's because there's something wrong there.

they said they were afraid of fan backlash, afraid of doing it for the shock value and so they gave the story another direction.

they regretted the idea of killing chris the same way they regretted the idea of killing off leon in two almost finished games and jill in re5.
#10loverboyyssPosted 1/3/2013 5:33:51 PM
Another topic?

No, he shouldn't have died, that's why he didn't.

Haters can cry their hearts out, it didn't happen. Why bother discuss something that did not happen?