Anyone think Chris should've (massive spoilers)

#51longstorm555Posted 1/5/2013 10:33:42 PM
^
are you an angel?

no, seriously, thank you! thank you! you've said everything. and thank you for mentioning the threats of quitting the game if chris had died, at least i have someone to back it up instead of doing it alone and having some really hardcore fanboys sending me hate mail.
#52longstorm555Posted 1/5/2013 10:41:33 PM
and yeah, what is up with the people who think chris was depressed and drunk and losing people all around him so he should have died?

two problems:

i can name at least four games and ten movies that have the exact same plot.

tragedy from the hero, sacrifice from the hero, the other guy lives and carries on the hero's legacy.

cheap and cliched. (i've never seen these two words being so used to explain something xD)

what the hell kind of thoughts go in your head?

you go around telling people who are depressed and drunk and losing people around them to just go and kill themselves for the greater good? holy crap.

i just have no doubt anymore some of you despise chris and try to think of good reasons of why he should have gone instead, or that some of you liked piers way too much and are pissed he died and are now taking it out on chris.
#53loverboyyssPosted 1/5/2013 10:44:54 PM
I want to shake you, YunFang1130,.
#54loverboyyssPosted 1/5/2013 10:48:34 PM
No, I can't get over it.

Let me rattle you!

You just said Chris did nothing.

Oh my f****** God.

I mean, sure, he just defeated Haos, but no biggie.

He was also the one who managed to stop the missile (if only for a few seconds) full of C-virus, but alas, Carla had tricked them all and the missile went off anyway.

He was also the one who saved Jake and Sherry, not once, but twice.

First from the BOWs and the Helicopter in Chapter 3, then at Chapter 5.

Oh, and he was also the one who managed to eradicate most of the BOWs in the civil war in Edonia.

....but yup, he did nothing.
#55longstorm555Posted 1/5/2013 10:50:32 PM
loverboyyss posted...
No, I can't get over it.

Let me rattle you!

You just said Chris did nothing.

Oh my f****** God.

I mean, sure, he just defeated Haos, but no biggie.

He was also the one who managed to stop the missile (if only for a few seconds) full of C-virus, but alas, Carla had tricked them all and the missile went off anyway.

He was also the one who saved Jake and Sherry, not once, but twice.

First from the BOWs and the Helicopter in Chapter 3, then at Chapter 5.

Oh, and he was also the one who managed to eradicate most of the BOWs in the civil war in Edonia.

....but yup, he did nothing.

i'd forgotten about the civil war!

lol guy goes out of his way, puts himself literally in front of a giant monster to stop a war, and then someone comes along and says chris did nothing in his entire campaign. i mean

just

really?
#56longstorm555Posted 1/5/2013 10:59:26 PM
also been thinking about this here

who did leon save?

you're complaining chris didn't save anyone, but who did leon save?

all the survivors died on him, both in the city and at the cathedral. helena's sister also died on him.

and the bsaa soldier also died on him.

in the end, everyone die din his capaing but him and helena.

some of you fans are so damn biased and full of favoritism, you just exclude the other things to make your point. if you want to be heard, bring out all the points, including the fact chris didn't save anybody and neither did leon. survivers and soldiers died on them both and for their own damn fault.
#57loverboyyssPosted 1/5/2013 11:01:56 PM
longstorm555 posted...
also been thinking about this here

who did leon save?

you're complaining chris didn't save anyone, but who did leon save?

all the survivors died on him, both in the city and at the cathedral. helena's sister also died on him.

and the bsaa soldier also died on him.

in the end, everyone die din his capaing but him and helena.

some of you fans are so damn biased and full of favoritism, you just exclude the other things to make your point. if you want to be heard, bring out all the points, including the fact chris didn't save anybody and neither did leon. survivers and soldiers died on them both and for their own damn fault.

FINALLY!

I really want to see the fanboys answer this one.

Who did Leon save?

Because, if I recall, the man couldn't even save himself, Ada had to do it. He didn't even save Sherry, he had to ask Chris to do it.
#58rubyeyedlobaPosted 1/5/2013 11:14:53 PM
I'm joing in on this conversation only (and only) because I agree it's unfair to say Chris let everyone die when the same happened in Leon's campaign.

Leon didn't save the civilians, Chris didn't save the soldiers.

They are both flawed characters who would have costed Capcom a lot of money had either of them died.

I also do not agree Chris' actions were out of nowhere and unexplained. A dear friend of mine had some things happen to him that lead him to develop PTSD and I can guarantee you, Chris' behavior was nothing compared to what it happens in real life, but it was close.

I think many of you are being extremely childish by engaging in fan wars, and unfair when it comes to Chris. Like I said, both Chris and Leon didn't save anyone in this game and both are flawed characters.
#59Crimson_RexPosted 1/5/2013 11:17:02 PM
loverboyyss posted...
Another topic?

No, he shouldn't have died, that's why he didn't.

Haters can cry their hearts out, it didn't happen. Why bother discuss something that did not happen?

---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#60sbn4Posted 1/5/2013 11:51:47 PM
Since I'm not on a computer, and I can't make long arguments, I just wanted to say I think this thread reeks of awesome. Discussing Chris and next to no one makes generic comments about Chris being boring and just a roiding jarhead is quiet refreshing. An actual discussion on this board is a rarity.

I must also say loverssboy and addsddaads or some such thing are my new favorite posters here.

Lastly I will say one last thing. Saying Chris' story is done is a tad asinine. Chris' job is to fight bioterror. Bioterror still runs rampant so he seems pretty relevant to me. If anything, I felt Leon was really unneeded in this game. He was purely thrown in for fan service/sales, and an Ada angle tjat went nowhere.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."