Anyone think Chris should've (massive spoilers)

#61dragonstar13Posted 1/6/2013 3:16:02 AM(edited)
loverboyyss posted...
No, I can't get over it.

Let me rattle you!

You just said Chris did nothing.

Oh my f****** God.

I mean, sure, he just defeated Haos, but no biggie.

lol you're so adorable.

To be fair, Haos was probably the biggest threat in the game, considering his purpose was to destroy the world. But it was Piers who defeated him.

Back to the topic, the only time I thought would of been a perfect death for Chris would have been during the Wesker fight. If he sacrificed himself to save the world then, that would of been a more fitting end. Chris being batted to the side like a rag doll and then having to inject a virus into himself, just doesn't satisfy me. Especially if this beast might only been as strong as the other giants in RE4-6. In fact I don't even think this death was worthy of Piers. What was worthy with Piers however was the goodbye at the end. IMO if Chris was going to go through with that kind of goodbye, it needs to be with someone he has been with for a while. So yes, Jill or even Claire. As developed as Piers and Chris' relationship is in this game, it just doesn't feel right for me to see Piers as the last one to see Chris before he dies. Think how more dramatic it would of been if Claire was in Piers place, but Chris is the one who stays behind and gives her his lighter before he sends her off.
That said, I don't want Chris to die just because fans are sick of him. That's just a terrible reason. Just because his arch nemesis is dead doesn't mean he no longer has a purpose in the series. I think Chris living was a stronger message anyway, that the world still needs him despite how hard it is for him to keep going, and he needs to keep going for the people who believe in him.

longstorm555 posted...

you're complaining chris didn't save anyone, but who did leon save?

Does Ada count?
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#62Kingx3Posted 1/6/2013 4:14:22 AM
I just don't get why people are so into defending or bashing the story in the game. I've been a die hard fan of the franchise for a long time and used to really be into this story... but cmon. The RE plot died a long time ago. They're just trying to make games that sell, not a plot related franchise or anything like that. So Chris isn't going to die. If anything he'll just go the same farm Capcom's been hiding Claire all this time.
#63longstorm555Posted 1/6/2013 1:44:28 PM
dragonstar13 posted...

Does Ada count?

not really since Ada only got hurt in the first place because she was busy saving Leon, and then when Leon jumped in to save her she got up and carried on the fight AND had to save him AGAIN once he was hanging from that ledge.

so...yeah.
#64NeroDooPosted 1/8/2013 1:06:06 PM
The way Chris's story was set I would've like for him to be injured instead of Piers. Not as bad but enough to add suspense & danger. But in the end they are both sitting enjoying the steak & discussing futures. Instead random soldier showing up it's Jill. Her & Chris tell Piers they are retiring. This way these two have closure with the series & fans while leaving the fight against the baddies to newcomers. There still stories that can involve Leon, Helena, Ada, Sherry, & Jake. As well as bringing back Rebecca & Carlos. I believe Barry reunited with his family, happy ending, so why can't Jill & Chris have one?
#65BasementDudePosted 1/8/2013 1:09:23 PM
Kingx3 posted...
I just don't get why people are so into defending or bashing the story in the game. I've been a die hard fan of the franchise for a long time and used to really be into this story... but cmon. The RE plot died a long time ago. They're just trying to make games that sell, not a plot related franchise or anything like that. So Chris isn't going to die. If anything he'll just go the same farm Capcom's been hiding Claire all this time.

my basement
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 214,101,269
#66IlDankoPosted 1/8/2013 1:33:34 PM
NeroDoo posted...
The way Chris's story was set I would've like for him to be injured instead of Piers. Not as bad but enough to add suspense & danger. But in the end they are both sitting enjoying the steak & discussing futures. Instead random soldier showing up it's Jill. Her & Chris tell Piers they are retiring. This way these two have closure with the series & fans while leaving the fight against the baddies to newcomers. There still stories that can involve Leon, Helena, Ada, Sherry, & Jake. As well as bringing back Rebecca & Carlos. I believe Barry reunited with his family, happy ending, so why can't Jill & Chris have one?

They can.... But not yet
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993