Resident Evil vs Aliens

#11AiRo1988Posted 1/3/2013 5:00:52 PM
I rather fight BOW's as Xenomorphs are really the ultimate bio weapon. Can kill you, can infect you via nasty impregnation, extremely durable, acid blood fail-safe, also accumulate numbers quickly, able to utilize intelligence and has hightened instinct as well as great speed, agility and reflexes and not to mention as portrayed by James Cameron, hive mentality and the Queen. If need be they could proborbly even infect the BOW's and then we'd have xeno-zombies.....Wait, now that may just be the ultimate weapon......hmm interesting indeed.
#12chaostdkPosted 1/3/2013 7:09:31 PM(edited)
darkphoenix181 posted...
chaostdk posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I'd rather take a fast and painless swift hunter decap over getting facially raped by a baby headcrab and having it's child burst out of my ribcage slow and mercilessly.

the implanted xenomorph can be extracted from you y'know. in fact the fact that they can be excised is a sub plot in Alien Resurrection. rather than just leave the infected researcher to die in the facility, they planned on putting him in cryo sleep until they can take him to a facility to have it taken out, but that went all to hell when their group got betrayed.

And the viruses can be cured.

not all viruses can be cured though. i remember mention that jake's special antibodies used for the c-virus is more of an innoculation than a cure, as it supposedly doesn't affect those that have already mutated from the c-virus.

edit: moreover, there is practically zero incubation time for the viral gas that lepo spews out. heck, the death from the gas form of the c-virus is near instant as shown in the cutscenes and gameplay itself. from what the games have shown us, the only cure for instant zombification is a bullet to the head.

AiRo1988 posted...
I rather fight BOW's as Xenomorphs are really the ultimate bio weapon. Can kill you, can infect you via nasty impregnation, extremely durable, acid blood fail-safe, also accumulate numbers quickly, able to utilize intelligence and has hightened instinct as well as great speed, agility and reflexes and not to mention as portrayed by James Cameron, hive mentality and the Queen. If need be they could proborbly even infect the BOW's and then we'd have xeno-zombies.....Wait, now that may just be the ultimate weapon......hmm interesting indeed.

the speed at which xenomorphs multiply is related to their close proximity to an alien hive, the alien queen, or how many egg sacs human survivors are close to. case in point here is the very first alien movie. only one person got impregnated with the xenomorph, and there was no hive onboard the nostromo, the result of which was that they only had to deal with a single xeno.
#13DetBeauregardPosted 1/3/2013 8:29:25 PM
I'd take BOWs over Xenomorphs any day.

Think about it. In Resident Evil, you're on earth in environment(s) that you are far more familiar with (even if they are creepy underground labs) than anything otherworldly. Also, Xenomorphs are terrifying compared to most BOWs.
#14AiRo1988Posted 1/4/2013 2:27:47 AM
Not to mention that single xeno outsmarted and wiped out almost the entire crew. Also its illustrated to be the perfect bioweapon most notably by Ash in the first film, "You still don't understand what your dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."
#15chaostdkPosted 1/4/2013 2:38:50 AM
AiRo1988 posted...
Not to mention that single xeno outsmarted and wiped out almost the entire crew. Also its illustrated to be the perfect bioweapon most notably by Ash in the first film, "You still don't understand what your dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."

the problem with that statement is that the xenomorph itself as a creature is flawed. were it a perfect organism it should have been able to breed asexually, preferrably via mitosis. as it is the species hive structure and need to incubate in other beings is a very huge flaw for the species. beyond that i will agree that the creature is a damn good predator (not to be confused with the yautja predators), quite easily at the top of its food chain were it to have its own ecosystem.
#16AiRo1988Posted 1/4/2013 2:55:28 AM
Fear of fire would be a flaw that comes to mind but suppose its more to ensure preservation. Overall though they do employ strategy which is a supierior trait as they exercise hit and run tactics and its debatable with the life cycle as at the time of the quote in the first movie there was the deleted/morphing scene so who knows but im going to go with the hive mind as not to confuse things. Also every one who is being cocooned/infected is going to be taken out of the fight in the same way as a RE infection but overall the solution would be the same in response to infection=nuke. Its been shown in both franchises as a way to eliminate contamination. May as well say they are on par with each other as neigher are nuke proof.