What BOW would scare you in a RE game?

#1AiRo1988Posted 1/3/2013 6:41:59 PM
Just curious what has inspired the most fear in previous games and what ideas would intimidate people in future games. For me it would be the licker I can remember the first time I saw the RE 2 cutscene I think I was 12 I fired with extreme prejudice lol and in a future game a zombified clown with a hysterical laugh/sound attributed , just sends shivers down me.
#2il_capitanoPosted 1/3/2013 6:52:23 PM
Lisa Trevor.

Also, zombies dont laugh. -___-
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#3AiRo1988(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:10:37 PM
Lisa did leave an impression no doubt about that and zombies are still far more fear inspiring than most creatures appearing through the series. Javo just dont do anything for me at all, I think the reason ganados and majini have more impact on me is because they hold more resemblence to zombies and javo I just see as freaks of nature but relatively more human at least more so than zombies.
#4Dicer7Posted 1/3/2013 7:10:46 PM
Regenerators. I wasn't a big fan of most of the enemies in RE4 but those things really made an impression on me. The very first encounter with one I remember thinking "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!" as I pumped nearly all my ammo into it watching it regenerate itself. Their huge mouths and weird eyes really creep me out and their breathing... that dreadful sound gets under my skin for some reason.

Another time I shotgunned the legs off one. When it leaped towards me my heart felt like it was gonna burst. It's been a while since an RE game has made me jump like that.

The Rasklapanje felt like a cheap imitation of them, though. The high pitch squeel they make isn't scary or creepy at all, just stupid and annoying.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#5GoldsicklePosted 1/3/2013 7:19:48 PM(edited)
I'd like an indestructible B.O.W. that requires you to run and hide like in a Clock Tower game.

The run and hide segments in RE6 (Jake chapter 2) were poorly done, when compared to what we got in the Clock Tower series and Haunting Ground.

There should be an option to fight back the "chaser" enemy but it would either drain your resources or be really difficult.
However, being able to knock out the chaser will reward you with some rare items (like if you take on the stalkers in Haunting Ground or Nemesis in RE3).
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6AiRo1988(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:19:58 PM
The encounters with regeneraters were tense. Id have to say I hold them equal to my encounter with the licker now my memories are flooding back and the first encounter with salvador, thats also worth the mention. Just hearing that chainsaw start up for the first time playing i nearly soiled myself although it lost its effect in RE5 completely.
#7Jonathan_F_GPosted 1/3/2013 7:29:53 PM
AiRo1988 posted...
Lisa did leave an impression no doubt about that and zombies are still far more fear inspiring than most creatures appearing through the series. Javo just dont do anything for me at all, I think the reason ganados and majini have more impact on me is because they hold more resemblence to zombies and javo I just see as freaks of nature but relatively more human at least more so than zombies.

Neither do the zombies. They don't even look scary in this game. If anything, they look like clowns!

The only good looking zombie was Benford.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#8AiRo1988(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:37:33 PM
Maybe then Goldsickle an enemy thats invincible as its a type of hallucination you have to evade caused by another creature significantly weaker thats hard to spot/locate. You have to multitask evading and hiding from the hallucination that can not be killed only suppresed momentarilly through excessive means of firepower/difficulty whilst finding the source. Other dangers are thrown in to further distract you from the task at hand. Sorry if im straying from your idea as im not familular with the tower series.
#9Dicer7Posted 1/3/2013 7:38:15 PM
Goldsickle posted...
I'd like an indestructible B.O.W. that requires you to run and hide like in a Clock Tower game.

The run and hide segments in RE6 (Jake chapter 2) were poorly done, when compared to what we got in the Clock Tower series and Haunting Ground.

There should be an option to fight back the "chaser" enemy but it would either drain your resources or be really difficult.
However, being able to knock out the chaser will reward you with some rare items (like if you take on the stalkers in Haunting Ground or Nemesis in RE3).

That's why this series needs to get away from the linear chapter system and go back to giving us big areas to explore. Ustanak never stood a chance of comparing to Nemesis because of how scripted RE6 is.

Actually I think Capcom should just bring back Clock Tower or Haunting Ground. If RE aint gonna be horror they could at least give us a series that is.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#10Jonathan_F_GPosted 1/3/2013 7:40:31 PM
Goldsickle posted...

That's because most game developers today want to sell you on the empty graphics:

It would require them too much work to conjure up the wondrous gameplay mechanics that they were putting out in the 90's and the early to mid 2000's.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul