What BOW would scare you in a RE game?

#31GiftedACIIIPosted 1/3/2013 8:20:30 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
That's because most game developers today want to sell you on the empty graphics:

If you're implying that that's what RE6 was doing, then you're dead wrong.

RE6 had a lot of improvements in the controls, mechanics and camera.

There's nothing "wondrous" about a lot of games in the late 90's and early 2000 (other than Fatal Frame, since the combat controls were ahead of it's time).

RE6 does not have the substance that our past games did:

The charm, the sense of style.... It's gone.

It's like comparing George Michael to Justin Bieber.

Yeah, that's an opinion. Charm and sense of style are subjective. I personally don't see how a gritty game with death and firearms can have "charm and style" but others might. (people who played it in their childhood). Likewise here, some people might like how the chapters progress, the challenge of S ranking professional watching the beautiful cutscenes.
#32Infectedglore2Posted 1/3/2013 8:27:40 PM
The only thing scary creatures in RE was Rachael, the Regeneradors, Carla, Giant Majini (that horrid howl) and a bit of Garrador and Lisa.
#33AiRo1988(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 1:05:11 AM
Forgot about garrador yeah that encounter in the cage was too close for comfort on the first playthrough.
#34PyroSparkPosted 1/4/2013 4:41:19 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
tevin1569 posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@Goldsickle

And I said most game developers, not all:

MGS4 and Vanquish play like the stuff that dreams are made of.

If you're into those sort of game I guess.

Oh don't worry, the shooter mechanics in those games are better than anything found in RE6.

No, they really, really aren't. O_o
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#35largerockPosted 1/4/2013 4:49:51 AM
Regenerators....
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#36Daz_DWPosted 1/4/2013 5:07:21 AM
Regenerators, but particularly the Iron Maidens, the way they quiver when they walk is just plain freaky.

Chimeras were also scary I found in RE1, though they are pretty weak.

Reapers I find scary too, but only when I'm trapped.
#37Jonathan_F_GPosted 1/6/2013 5:47:31 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
That's because most game developers today want to sell you on the empty graphics:

There's nothing "wondrous" about a lot of games in the late 90's and early 2000 (other than Fatal Frame, since the combat controls were ahead of it's time).

Yeah, that's an opinion. Charm and sense of style are subjective. I personally don't see how a gritty game with death and firearms can have "charm and style" but others might. (people who played it in their childhood). Likewise here, some people might like how the chapters progress, the challenge of S ranking professional watching the beautiful cutscenes.

The gameplay from the first few games are charming and full of style sense, not the thematics of the series.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#38PyroSparkPosted 1/6/2013 5:50:43 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...

The gameplay from the first few games are charming and full of style sense, not the thematics of the series.

til suspense made from terrible camera angles=charming
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#39CPU-ZPosted 1/6/2013 5:57:33 PM
The closest any came to scaring me were Iron Maidens. Even then, I'm too desensitized to all this stuff, so it doesn't really scare me. Only thing that really made me jump in any series were Skulltulas from Ocarina of Time.
#40ZeeDoggePosted 1/6/2013 5:59:14 PM
AiRo1988 posted...
Lisa did leave an impression no doubt about that and zombies are still far more fear inspiring than most creatures appearing through the series. Javo just dont do anything for me at all, I think the reason ganados and majini have more impact on me is because they hold more resemblence to zombies and javo I just see as freaks of nature but relatively more human at least more so than zombies.

http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/c/c1/J%27avo_concept_art_1.jpg

all of my wat towards this post