What BOW would scare you in a RE game?

#41ridley723Posted 1/6/2013 6:54:47 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...

It would require them too much work to conjure up the wondrous gameplay mechanics that they were putting out in the 90's and the early to mid 2000's.

Like this if you're a 90s kid! /sarcasm

In all seriousness though nothing from RE has made me scared except for Salvador, the Ganado (at night) and the first encounter with the regenerator.

I know the ganado don't do it for many, but it does for me just because it's way more realistic than the rest of the creatures and BOWs. Just some crazy hostile farmers who wanna kill you I find way more scary than giant spiders, lickers and especially Nemesis (no idea how anyone could find him scary).
#42zombiabsolPosted 1/6/2013 7:09:50 PM
iron maiden, lisa, nemesis, "It", and crimson heads scared me my first playthrough of every game, but the iron maiden takes the cake.

However, mutated carla would be pretty damn scary if i woke up in the middle of the night and a face was blocking the way to my refrigerator.
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#43tevin1569Posted 1/6/2013 7:43:15 PM
zombiabsol posted...
iron maiden, lisa, nemesis, "It", and crimson heads scared me my first playthrough of every game, but the iron maiden takes the cake.

However, mutated carla would be pretty damn scary if i woke up in the middle of the night and a face was blocking the way to my refrigerator.

"I'm going to eat you bone marrow"
Well I'm hungry so please move.....
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#44White_QueenPosted 1/6/2013 7:54:03 PM
Mr. X and Nemesis... they just won't stop following you...
#45zombiabsolPosted 1/6/2013 7:56:27 PM
tevin1569 posted...
zombiabsol posted...

"I'm going to eat you bone marrow"
Well I'm hungry so please move.....

"No"

in mercenaries tone
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#46GiftedACIIIPosted 1/6/2013 11:01:59 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
That's because most game developers today want to sell you on the empty graphics:

If you're implying that that's what RE6 was doing, then you're dead wrong.

RE6 had a lot of improvements in the controls, mechanics and camera.

There's nothing "wondrous" about a lot of games in the late 90's and early 2000 (other than Fatal Frame, since the combat controls were ahead of it's time).

RE6 does not have the substance that our past games did:

The charm, the sense of style.... It's gone.

It's like comparing George Michael to Justin Bieber.

Yeah, that's an opinion. Charm and sense of style are subjective. I personally don't see how a gritty game with death and firearms can have "charm and style" but others might. (people who played it in their childhood). Likewise here, some people might like how the chapters progress, the challenge of S ranking professional watching the beautiful cutscenes.

The gameplay from the first few games are charming and full of style sense, not the thematics of the series.

Tank controls, awkward camera, and bad combat system despite tons of weapons=charming?
#47AiRo1988(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:52:31 AM
Even though they were not BOW's id say the crocs from RE 5 were effective but mainly due to the instakill risk they posed for the first few playthroughs. Later I purposely entered the lake as safari chris and S&W M500 for hunting as it was a section in the chapter I used to hate but overcame by adding my own enjoyment to it.