The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#1KillzoneIsSexPosted 1/4/2013 8:49:33 PM
Is it the best game I have ever played? No.
Is it the best Resident Evil game? Far from it.
Is it survival horror? Not in the slightest.

This is not a bad game. Not one of the best I have ever played but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and am quite satisfied. I think you guys just have your standards too high. No, Resident Evil isn't what it used to be but it certainly isn't what you all make it out to be.

Before I get called a troll I would like to state this is my belief.
---
Top five favorite bands IN ORDER. 1) Nirvana 2) Wavves 3) Best Coast 4) Two Door Cinema Club 5) Mars Water
#2Game JediPosted 1/4/2013 8:50:37 PM
Your opinion is duly noted.
---
Not changing my signature until Resident Evil 2 is remade, and Gouki is included (in-game or as DLC) in a non-campaign mode.
#3MallyPureSmoothPosted 1/4/2013 9:22:18 PM
I agree, the game isn't deserving of all the hate it's receiving. Although, it's hard to not be kind of letdown by it after those epic trailers.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#4F150IIPosted 1/4/2013 9:38:53 PM
It's the cool thing to hate capcom
---
@TechnicalColor - posting everyday
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDoublePlayGuys/featured - creators of the double play
#5GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 9:40:50 PM
The "hate" only came from a few really loud Luddite minority who want the series to regress back to prerendered backgrounds and tank controls.

Internet gives power to losing sides and minorities to appear as though they represent the fanbase.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#6boofiePosted 1/4/2013 10:07:52 PM
Hate is too harsh a word. As I see it Resident Evil has gone from offering a unique atmosphere to a generic third person shooter with cheesy one liners. I can enjoy this game for what it is but why would I be thrilled?
#7GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 10:10:57 PM
boofie posted...
As I see it Resident Evil has gone from offering a unique atmosphere to a generic third person shooter

There was nothing 'unique' about the old Resident Evil anyway.

Not only they ripped-off from Alone In The Dark, the late 90's up to early 00's had a lot of games with the "prerendered backgrounds + tank control + fetch quest" format.

People who still call it "unique" and "original" probably aren't aware that the 'old-school RE' format is also overused and stale.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#8boofiePosted 1/4/2013 10:15:49 PM
Goldsickle posted...
boofie posted...
As I see it Resident Evil has gone from offering a unique atmosphere to a generic third person shooter

There was nothing 'unique' about the old Resident Evil anyway.

Not only they ripped-off from Alone In The Dark, the late 90's up to early 00's had a lot of games with the "prerendered backgrounds + tank control + fetch quest" format.

People who still call it "unique" and "original" probably aren't aware that the 'old-school RE' format is also overused and stale.

All that you say is true. What I'm getting at is that the original Resident Evils had a sort of charm that these modern games do not. Course that's only how I see it.
#9MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/4/2013 10:17:29 PM
I don't know, if they kept the same mechanics, and camera as Revelations, I would have liked it, but they added too much unnecessary crap, they should have focused more on the design, that's where this game is truly lacking tremendously, extreme blandness.
#10Big_Boss1432Posted 1/4/2013 10:17:45 PM
Goldsickle posted...
The "hate" only came from a few really loud Luddite minority who want the series to regress back to prerendered backgrounds and tank controls.

Internet gives power to losing sides and minorities to appear as though they represent the fanbase.

That's a load of ballsack. The hate came from people not liking the game.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.