The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#11GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 10:55:47 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
The hate came from people not liking the game.

Who are the sore minority.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#12GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 11:01:45 PM
boofie posted...
What I'm getting at is that the original Resident Evils had a sort of charm that these modern games do not.

It's all nostalgia.

The newer Resident Evil isn't lacking in charm and atmosphere.

It just has a different charm and atmosphere.

It's near-impossible to replicate that same feeling you experienced when you first played a game.
---
#13XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/4/2013 11:02:14 PM
Goldsickle posted...
The "hate" only came from a few really loud Luddite minority who want the series to regress back to prerendered backgrounds and tank controls.

Internet gives power to losing sides and minorities to appear as though they represent the fanbase.

Why do you keep bringing up tank controls? I would almost call that a strawman argument. Those fans that want fixed backgrounds and tank controls probably are a minority, but most of the fans want the series to go back to it's survival horror roots. Personally as long as they go back to sh I don't care how it's done.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#14GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 11:08:50 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Why do you keep bringing up tank controls?

Because that's brought up a lot. I'm not making this up.

The Luddism died down after the release of Mercenaries 3D, Revelations & 6.

But back during RE5's release, there was a lot of topics about wanting tank controls (forced, not optional), prerendered backgrounds & even the stupid door-opening animation instead of being allowed to just kick them open.
---
#15boofiePosted 1/4/2013 11:19:42 PM
Goldsickle posted...
boofie posted...
What I'm getting at is that the original Resident Evils had a sort of charm that these modern games do not.

It's all nostalgia.

It's near-impossible to replicate that same feeling you experienced when you first played a game.

Nostalgia might play some sort of a role but I wouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying a new game. RE6 is an average third person shooter and it doesn't have to be.
#16PyroSparkPosted 1/4/2013 11:23:53 PM
boofie posted...
Goldsickle posted...
boofie posted...

It's all nostalgia.

Nostalgia might play some sort of a role but I wouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying a new game. RE6 is an average third person shooter and it doesn't have to be.

I think aside from a few QTEs, RE6 is definitely one of the best REs. Eons above the classics, and on par with 4.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#17YermomHoudiniPosted 1/4/2013 11:28:44 PM
it totally deserves the 20 bucks that I paid for this game, I would have bought it for 30, but 20 is good too.
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#18IlDankoPosted 1/4/2013 11:30:37 PM
Goldsickle posted...
boofie posted...

It's all nostalgia.

Maybe putting a darker atmosphere and more gorey mutations would bring back some of those feelings, i remember when seeing my first licker it scared the s*** out of me, and the environment of a destroyed city with zombies moaning in the background was pretty creepy...

But i guess it won't happen... Watching the secret video in the game, it looks like the next one will have a lighter atmosphere and less horror...
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#19XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/4/2013 11:30:59 PM
@pyro So you like fast paced action game with super fluid controls. I do too, aint judging you for that but I also wanna play different stuff sometimes, not just the same old action games over and over.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#20Spade59Posted 1/4/2013 11:39:41 PM
Hipster minorities attack metacritic and threaten review press like giantbomb, gamespot, destructoid, joystiq and edge magazine causing hilariously low user/critic scores.

Their influence expands to youtube and screwattack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiclo4mH6ow
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/jjgeac/screwattack-s-top-ten-top-10-capcom-mistakes