The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#21PyroSparkPosted 1/4/2013 10:42:03 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
@pyro So you like fast paced action game with super fluid controls. I do too, aint judging you for that but I also wanna play different stuff sometimes, not just the same old action games over and over.

Understandable. I vote for 50/50 action and exploration.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#22XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/4/2013 10:43:58 PM
Goldsickle posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Why do you keep bringing up tank controls?

Because that's brought up a lot. I'm not making this up.

The Luddism died down after the release of Mercenaries 3D, Revelations & 6.

But back during RE5's release, there was a lot of topics about wanting tank controls (forced, not optional), prerendered backgrounds & even the stupid door-opening animation instead of being allowed to just kick them open.

If they go back to that I won't complain and if they don't that's fine too as long as in the end it's sh and not a Hollywood style action game. Games have been like that since the ps3/360/wii came out and I'm pretty tired of it.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#23Cpl_D_HicksPosted 1/4/2013 10:51:12 PM
Goldsickle loves to keep saying that because the old games ripped off Alone in the Dark, & the tons of those style games made them garbage because they're not original. Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers. The RE games must have done something right then, as they are still known & were well received back then.

Just because something takes ideas from somewhere else does NOT mean its bad. Star Wars heavily ripped off the films of Akira Kurosawa & dozens of 30's serials. So, according to Goldsickle (or should I say Godsickle, seeing as how he says his opinions are pure fact), Star Wars must be rubbish as well & only liked by idiots blinded by nostalgia.

I hate the game NOT because it isn't a carbon copy of the originals. I hate it because its too much enemies with guns crap. Stupid enemies who like to breakdance. Really stereotypical & obnoxious Chinese anger sounds from the Chinese Javo.

Extremely linear level design with no exploration possibilities. Directional arrows telling you exactly where to go. Being told where keys are etc. I hate the spoon feeding. It is really insulting to the intelligence of people who play it.

There is NOTHING unique or original about this crap either, but you don't criticise this lazy crap. You obviously love it because you hate any large, exploration based environments & prefer extremely linear crap. You no doubt love being spoonfed everything & hate some sort of challenge where you have to think about what to do.

I remember long before Heavy Rain came out, our Godsickle lived on the message boards constantly insulting anyone who said anything positive about it & always trashing the game. I'm not surprised he drools over being spoonfed by RE6. Just because you like being told exactly what to do & having extremely linear level design, doesn't mean everyone else does. Preferring the old games does not make people idiots. Get over yourself. Just enjoy being spoonfed & let people have their opinions.
---
http://goodfella2459.dvdaf.com/owned
http://www.redbubble.com/people/goodfella2459
#24werewolfgoldPosted 1/4/2013 11:20:28 PM
I hate it because its too much enemies with guns crap.

Yeah, I'll give you that.

Stupid enemies who like to breakdance.

I must've missed that one.

Really stereotypical & obnoxious Chinese anger sounds from the Chinese Javo.

I'm sure that the Chinese speaking VAs they got to do the voices will be happy to hear that.

Extremely linear level design with no exploration possibilities. Directional arrows telling you exactly where to go. Being told where keys are etc.

Uh... You can turn the markers off. And, though the level design seems kind of linear, the previous games still only really had one correct direction to go. There was just a lot more backtracking involved. And, if you were to turn off the markers, some areas in this game would lead you to walk around a bit to find your way.

Now, I would say there's less exploration involved than, like, RE4. But, exploration is definitely involved if you want to find all of the emblems and item crates. But, I'm sure that you'll just say that you found ALL of them on your first go through with no assistance, right? ;-)

There is NOTHING unique or original about this crap either, but you don't criticise this lazy crap.

Lazy? I would say that this game certainly has a lot of content in it. But, then again, people are never ever satisfied.

Silly humans...

I can see how this game could be considered a misstep on a few fronts, but with the things that the game added and me actually playing through everything, "lazy" is not the word to use. The game really doesn't deserve lower than a 7/10 in my view. Some gripes with the control layout and some of those "gotcha" deaths keep it from being an 8 or higher. But, I certainly had a lot of fun with it, AND I've played and enjoyed basically all of the main REs.
---
The full moon is beautiful, don't you think? Have you ever had the chance to look at it?
#25laurenciumPosted 1/4/2013 11:25:57 PM
KillzoneIsSex posted...
Is it the best game I have ever played? No.
Is it the best Resident Evil game? Far from it.
Is it survival horror? Not in the slightest.

This is not a bad game. Not one of the best I have ever played but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and am quite satisfied. I think you guys just have your standards too high. No, Resident Evil isn't what it used to be but it certainly isn't what you all make it out to be.

Yes, but hate has more to do with a group of fans' expectations being met or not and not whether the game is actually bad. Many longtime RE fans expect a 'Yes' in all three of those questions you raised because of the history of the franchise. When none of those are met, they hate on the game. It's the same with DmC, FFXIII, etc. There are many games worse than these but they'll never be mentioned 'cause there's no expectation for them.
#26boofiePosted 1/4/2013 11:32:54 PM
laurencium posted...

There are many games worse than these but they'll never be mentioned 'cause there's no expectation for them.

This is likely the main culprit.
#27GoldsicklePosted 1/4/2013 11:45:53 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
as long as in the end it's sh

"Survival Horror" doesn't really exist.
You think it's there but as soon as you try to describe it list by list and objectively, you realize it's not really there.

Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers.

Listed them down many, many times.
Too tired to write down Gallerians, Onimusha, Martian Gothic, Fear Effect series, Countdown Vampires, Crow City Of Angels, T.R.A.G., etc. with every post.

Just because something takes ideas from somewhere else does NOT mean its bad.

I have never argued that "a game is bad because it's an imitation".

I am merely rebutting claims that the old-school RE games are supposed to be "unique" and "original".

You also don't see my criticism for this game because you seemed to have missed them.
I have pointed out about how the running isn't programmed properly and how it's lacking on "Mercenaries-worthy" stages a few times.

And yes, a lot of things I say are fact.
Because I can back them up.
Sources for what I read are readily available online.

Extremely linear level design with no exploration possibilities.

Exploration does exist in latter titles, like the marshland or ruins in 5 & the mansion in 6.
To begin, the classic series isn't really "non-linear".
It's only "non-linear" to those who don't know what to do:
http://goldsickle.deviantart.com/journal/The-Problem-With-Old-School-Resident-Evil-222418795

A real non-linear game would be more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Dishonored, where you have a variety of ways to progress.

I remember long before Heavy Rain came out, our Godsickle lived on the message boards constantly insulting anyone who said anything positive about it & always trashing the game.

So this is some petty 'vendetta' over some old misunderstood posts of mine?
Considering how I haven't posted there for a long time, you clinging on to that implies that you have some sort of grudge.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#28DarkD3stinyPosted 1/5/2013 12:57:19 AM
I dont know why people say there's no survival horror in re6 because survival horror is in re6 via no hope mode. Someone said there's more exploration in re4 than re6, I disagree. In re4 I had a treasure map so I knew where the treasures were so the treasures didn't provide exploration. The blue emblems in re4 didn't provide exploration either as they were bunched up together in two areas whereas the blue emblems in re6 provided me with exploration.
---
GT :- DarkD3stiny 666 / PSN ID :- Private.
#29GoldsicklePosted 1/5/2013 1:34:02 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
I dont know why people say there's no survival horror in re6 because survival horror is in re6 via no hope mode.

The word "survival" simply means "stay alive".

There's a lot of fighting to stay live in RE6.

The problem is that some of the old-school fans keep shoehorning "puzzles" and "non-linear exploration" into the definition of "survival".
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#30DarkD3stinyPosted 1/5/2013 1:57:49 AM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
I dont know why people say there's no survival horror in re6 because survival horror is in re6 via no hope mode.

The word "survival" simply means "stay alive".

There's a lot of fighting to stay live in RE6.

The problem is that some of the old-school fans keep shoehorning "puzzles" and "non-linear exploration" into the definition of "survival".

Survival means what you said. Survival in the sentence of survival horror is the feeling of being less powerful due to limited ammo and health supplys which is re6s no hope mode. I didn't realise people thought survival meant puzzles and non linear exploration, why do they think that? in the explanation of survival horror it says nothing about puzzles and non linear exploration just about limited ammo and health. Besides re6 has puzzles anyway. What would non linear exploration be?
---
GT :- DarkD3stiny 666 / PSN ID :- Private.