The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#31GoldsicklePosted 1/5/2013 2:37:24 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
Survival in the sentence of survival horror is the feeling of being less powerful due to limited ammo and health supplys which is re6s no hope mode.

I'm aware that combining the two words could bring about a different meaning but I'm mostly referring to old fans who put a lot of emphasis on the word "survival", like bolding, italizing or writing that word in caps, as though "puzzles" and "rationing" is supposed to be a part of it.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#32DarkD3stinyPosted 1/5/2013 2:37:47 AM
Surely if non linear exploration meant survival then because re is a linear series then I could argue dosent that mean survival is not in re? Of course non linear exploration has nothing to do with survival. The re series is a linear series anyway. Some people think that in re4 because you get a choice after the fight in the house, after that you get a choice of two paths, face ganados or that big troll monster. Some people believe that makes re4 a non linear game. I dont believe that as there's 98 % linearity in that game. I dont believe the old re games are non linear either. Goldsickle you said this about re2 in another topic (hope you dont mind me using your words) ... The only thing non linear about it is finding out 9 out of 10 doors before you are locked or lead to more locked doors. Trying to go against the specific route just leads you to dead ends. In the end, you still need to follow that specific route to get the spade key if you want to get somewhere.The game only gives the illusion of non linear
---
GT :- DarkD3stiny 666 / PSN ID :- Private.
#33DarkD3stinyPosted 1/5/2013 2:40:49 AM
Goldsickle posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
Survival in the sentence of survival horror is the feeling of being less powerful due to limited ammo and health supplys which is re6s no hope mode.

I'm aware that combining the two words could bring about a different meaning but I'm mostly referring to old fans who put a lot of emphasis on the word "survival", like bolding, italizing or writing that word in caps, as though "puzzles" and "rationing" is supposed to be a part of it.

I get what you mean.
---
GT :- DarkD3stiny 666 / PSN ID :- Private.
#34lopy81Posted 1/5/2013 3:27:46 AM
The BSAA is what's ruined RE for me. I dislike army or military storied games, just never appealed to me. Actual gameplay has always been fine for me.
---
---
Psn : sd070109
#35GoldsicklePosted 1/5/2013 4:25:51 AM
lopy81 posted...
The BSAA is what's ruined RE for me. I dislike army or military storied games, just never appealed to me. Actual gameplay has always been fine for me.

Sooner or later, there's gonna be some bio-weapons countermeasure force one way or another.

Maybe they should have toned it down and make it like the X-Files, where despite all their best efforts and all the hardships they endured, they can't convince the public that bio-terrorism exists.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#36MissNayePosted 1/5/2013 7:53:16 AM
Survival horror is pretty much dead imo. At this point, nothing should scare you in video games (or movies for that matter). Times change and people change as well. Resident Evil always had intense monsters to beat as bosses and that trend has not changed at all. Also, the normal monsters have evolved with the times. We have zombies still...and now we have mutated humans. The mutated dogs are still here (which gave me my first fright in RE1 when one jumped out the window) and other animals are used too.

I like RE6 just the way it is. The stories intersect with each other and the action is great.
---
PSN: Ladynaye
Xbox Live: MorigannaX
#37Blackmarvel79Posted 1/5/2013 8:21:36 AM
KillzoneIsSex posted...
Is it the best game I have ever played? No.
Is it the best Resident Evil game? Far from it.
Is it survival horror? Not in the slightest.

This is not a bad game. Not one of the best I have ever played but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and am quite satisfied. I think you guys just have your standards too high. No, Resident Evil isn't what it used to be but it certainly isn't what you all make it out to be.

Before I get called a troll I would like to state this is my belief.

While its not a bad game its not anywhere near great. They put just too much into it. 2 of the scenarios should have been cut and the money should have went to improving the other 2. And the scenarios that should have been cut would have been Jakes and Ada. They could still have been part of the story. But gameplay, no.
---
Currently playing The Mass Effect Trilogy.
#38Blackmarvel79Posted 1/5/2013 8:24:18 AM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Goldsickle posted...
The "hate" only came from a few really loud Luddite minority who want the series to regress back to prerendered backgrounds and tank controls.

Internet gives power to losing sides and minorities to appear as though they represent the fanbase.

That's a load of ballsack. The hate came from people not liking the game.

Your both wrong. the hate came from both sides. EVENLY!
---
Currently playing The Mass Effect Trilogy.
#39DemonSlayer92Posted 1/5/2013 11:00:36 AM
F150II posted...
It's the cool thing to hate capcom

---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703
#40Big_Boss1432Posted 1/5/2013 1:19:32 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
The hate came from people not liking the game.

Who are the sore minority.

Not really the minority since most of the reviewers gave it a butt-ass score to a below average score.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.