The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#51GoldsicklePosted 1/5/2013 5:59:57 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Except mine has more reviews so I believe its a bit more accurate.

It still didn't change that the red bar that represents the "Negative" reviews is shorter than the "Mixed" and "Positive" reviews, regardless whether you wanna use the PS3 or 360 version.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#52Big_Boss1432Posted 1/5/2013 6:04:40 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Except mine has more reviews so I believe its a bit more accurate.

It still didn't change that the red bar that represents the "Negative" reviews is shorter than the "Mixed" and "Positive" reviews, regardless whether you wanna use the PS3 or 360 version.

But that still doesn't change the fact that the average is pretty low on both critics and users regardless of the platform.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#53GoldsicklePosted 1/5/2013 6:10:19 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
But that still doesn't change the fact that the average is pretty low on both critics and users regardless of the platform.

At most, RE6 has a "mixed reception".

In both the PS3 & 360 version, even if by a little, the positive user reviews outnumber the negative ones.

The game is not "generally hated" as you're making it out to be.
And my point still stands that the negative are still "minority", because they are lesser than the positive ones.
The red bar is shorter than the green ones in all versions, whether critic or user.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#54Big_Boss1432Posted 1/5/2013 6:12:10 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

At most, RE6 has a "mixed reception".

In both the PS3 & 360 version, even if by a little, the positive user reviews outnumber the negative ones.

The game is not "generally hated" as you're making it out to be.
And my point still stands that the negative are still "minority", because they are lesser than the positive ones.
The red bar is shorter than the green ones in all versions, whether critic or user.

Mixed means loved or hate to me so were both right really haha
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#55xokennyxoPosted 1/5/2013 6:22:46 PM
Let's just say that it wasn't the best RE ever, but it's another great installment of the series.
#56zenandiPosted 1/5/2013 6:46:15 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Considering how I haven't posted there for a long time, you clinging on to that implies that you have some sort of grudge.

Yeah, you have that effect on people.

But I'm with you on this.

There is no way RE 6 is objectively a bad game. Sure, some people can not like the game on whatever basis, but many other games fare much worse whether on technicals (Alpha Protocol) or game concepts (Fable).

Even the much lauded Assassin's Creed is objectively a worse game -- and one that has all the faults of RE 6 (From QTEs to cameras forcing themselves on you). AND abandons the roots of AC 1 too. Funny how no ones gives THAT game any grief. (Which is not to be confused with hating the game, as I happen to like that series very much. )

The irony of RE 6 is that its horribly misunderstood. The majority of the complainers probably have no idea how to play Mercenaries, which is what the main core of the gameplay is designed for. It is certainly not a TPS in the usual sense, but a Merc game in the context of a campaign.

It actually does this mercenary shoot-melee very well, but nobody ever rates Mercenaries in their evaluation of the game.
#57Ct9983Posted 1/5/2013 7:20:22 PM
These topics always degrade into two or three people arguing, and one or two on topic comments peppered here and there...

Not complaining, just stating the obvious and making a weak segway into my on-topic post (yay!):

RE6 is not a great game by any means, but it's not as unplayably bad as some people make it out to be. It's kind of middle of the road.

The main problem it suffers is that they sacrifices quality for content. It's 20 hours long and has decent replay value (many playable characters, co-op, ect). But it's plagued by some of the most shallow level design EVER, one of the worst written plots ever (not as bad as RE4, but close...), and in order to make it less repedative, they cut a lot of horror and action elements (witch are the selling points of the series) and shoved in vehicle and item hunt segments (among other things) that were clearly not thought out at all.

It does some things rite, but not enough to save it from being a painfully shallow mess of a game that while fun is very forgettable in the long run.

If they'd focused on just 2 main Characters, told a proper story, used only the good level design ideas (or maybe took the time to come up with even better ones) and did some other really obvious things, RE6 would have been one of the better entries in the series. On par with Revelations at least. But they HAD to make it long and complicated, and we got what we got...

I will give you that a lot of reviewers overreacted like I've almost never seen before (FFXIII suffered a lot of the same BS), but with a series like RE, witch features no less than 2 games that literally changed the face of the industry, and no less than 8 games that are considdered all time classics, RE6 is a massive let down. Maybe even to an unacceptable level. So I can kind of understand the overreaction as well.

And before anyone asks, the REs that changed the industry are: RE2 and RE4, witch both sparked MANY ripoffs and had an impact even beyond their own genres. The games that are all time classics are: RE1, REDC, RE2, RE3, RECV/X, REmake, RE4, REvelations. And for that matter, RE0 and RE5 were both solid games, reguardless of the fact that they were not up to the series' standards.

I think that unless they release a "gold" edition with some MAJOR alterations or something (yeah, that'll happen.....), then RE6 is destined to go down in history as one of the biggest let downs ever and or one of like one thousand medeocre, middle of the road games released last year. Not quite up to the series' pedigree, unfortunately.
#58Infectedglore2Posted 1/5/2013 9:15:13 PM
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
Goldsickle loves to keep saying that because the old games ripped off Alone in the Dark, & the tons of those style games made them garbage because they're not original. Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers. The RE games must have done something right then, as they are still known & were well received back then.

So that means CoD must have done something right as they are much more known and much more well received than RE ever was? Not that I have anything against CoD but you know most old-school fan's opinions about it...

Just because something takes ideas from somewhere else does NOT mean its bad. Star Wars heavily ripped off the films of Akira Kurosawa & dozens of 30's serials. So, according to Goldsickle (or should I say Godsickle, seeing as how he says his opinions are pure fact), Star Wars must be rubbish as well & only liked by idiots blinded by nostalgia.
Well, Goldsickle, unlike many others aren't just using his opinions to argue, hes using sources, is much more knowledgable about what he's talking about, and doesn't immediately go the "bad taste" route.

I hate the game NOT because it isn't a carbon copy of the originals. I hate it because its too much enemies with guns crap. Stupid enemies who like to breakdance. Really stereotypical & obnoxious Chinese anger sounds from the Chinese Javo.
So you dislike games with enemies with guns (which most TPS and FPS games have not to mention that opinion is very hipster-like). Don't play the game then.

Extremely linear level design with no exploration possibilities. Directional arrows telling you exactly where to go. Being told where keys are etc. I hate the spoon feeding. It is really insulting to the intelligence of people who play it.
Its a standard feature of many modern games. Are you claiming modern gamers have low intelligence? You're revealing yourself to be quite the ignorant hardcore hipster minority
There is NOTHING unique or original about this crap either, but you don't criticise this lazy crap. You obviously love it because you hate any large, exploration based environments & prefer extremely linear crap. You no doubt love being spoonfed everything & hate some sort of challenge where you have to think about what to do.
I'm sensing a hate of casuals here. Otherwise, I dare you to S rank No Hope or even Professional. Unlike the old RE which only required one playthrough of puzzle-solving before you know what to do, the new RE actually needs skill.

I remember long before Heavy Rain came out, our Godsickle lived on the message boards constantly insulting anyone who said anything positive about it & always trashing the game. I'm not surprised he drools over being spoonfed by RE6. Just because you like being told exactly what to do & having extremely linear level design, doesn't mean everyone else does. Preferring the old games does not make people idiots. Get over yourself. Just enjoy being spoonfed & let people have their opinions.
Lmfao I'm not even going to attempt to argue with this one

#59Infectedglore2Posted 1/5/2013 9:18:17 PM
zenandi posted...
Goldsickle posted...
Considering how I haven't posted there for a long time, you clinging on to that implies that you have some sort of grudge.

Yeah, you have that effect on people.

Yeah, most gamefaqers (and most internet users nowadays are the typical new 20 year old who are so full of themselves and their own superiority that they can't take it when someone who actually knows what they're talking about argues with them and resorts to insults and bashing tastes.
#60Big_Boss1432Posted 1/5/2013 9:28:31 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
Goldsickle loves to keep saying that because the old games ripped off Alone in the Dark, & the tons of those style games made them garbage because they're not original. Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers. The RE games must have done something right then, as they are still known & were well received back then.

So that means CoD must have done something right as they are much more known and much more well received than RE ever was? Not that I have anything against CoD but you know most old-school fan's opinions about it...

Just because something takes ideas from somewhere else does NOT mean its bad. Star Wars heavily ripped off the films of Akira Kurosawa & dozens of 30's serials. So, according to Goldsickle (or should I say Godsickle, seeing as how he says his opinions are pure fact), Star Wars must be rubbish as well & only liked by idiots blinded by nostalgia.
Well, Goldsickle, unlike many others aren't just using his opinions to argue, hes using sources, is much more knowledgable about what he's talking about, and doesn't immediately go the "bad taste" route.

I hate the game NOT because it isn't a carbon copy of the originals. I hate it because its too much enemies with guns crap. Stupid enemies who like to breakdance. Really stereotypical & obnoxious Chinese anger sounds from the Chinese Javo.
So you dislike games with enemies with guns (which most TPS and FPS games have not to mention that opinion is very hipster-like). Don't play the game then.

Extremely linear level design with no exploration possibilities. Directional arrows telling you exactly where to go. Being told where keys are etc. I hate the spoon feeding. It is really insulting to the intelligence of people who play it.
Its a standard feature of many modern games. Are you claiming modern gamers have low intelligence? You're revealing yourself to be quite the ignorant hardcore hipster minority
There is NOTHING unique or original about this crap either, but you don't criticise this lazy crap. You obviously love it because you hate any large, exploration based environments & prefer extremely linear crap. You no doubt love being spoonfed everything & hate some sort of challenge where you have to think about what to do.
I'm sensing a hate of casuals here. Otherwise, I dare you to S rank No Hope or even Professional. Unlike the old RE which only required one playthrough of puzzle-solving before you know what to do, the new RE actually needs skill.

I remember long before Heavy Rain came out, our Godsickle lived on the message boards constantly insulting anyone who said anything positive about it & always trashing the game. I'm not surprised he drools over being spoonfed by RE6. Just because you like being told exactly what to do & having extremely linear level design, doesn't mean everyone else does. Preferring the old games does not make people idiots. Get over yourself. Just enjoy being spoonfed & let people have their opinions.
Lmfao I'm not even going to attempt to argue with this one

Man, Heavy Rain had so much potential to be an epicly open investigation game; but instead became an interactive movie where you just tap square :( What a shame.
---