The hate for this game is ridiculous.

#61xESRPosted 1/5/2013 11:28:21 PM
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
Goldsickle loves to keep saying that because the old games ripped off Alone in the Dark, & the tons of those style games made them garbage because they're not original. Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers. The RE games must have done something right then, as they are still known & were well received back then

http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/eternal-darkness-sanitys-requiem
Eternal Darkness is actually quite similar to old RE and It was highly praised. Not sure on this but I think older Silent Hill were similar too. The only reason people still know about old RE games is because Capcom constantly release new games and there are also the movies, to It's kinda hard to forget the series.
#62XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/6/2013 2:19:14 AM(edited)
@Goldsickle You said before that survival horror games don't exist and I pointed out a bunch. Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Fatal Frame and RE before the Hollywood action treatment are sh games.

Fear and horror are emotions that different people experience in different ways. Just because it's subjective that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Happiness is very much subjective but of course you wouldn't say it doesn't exist. Whether a game is sh or not is decided by the people who play it.

Now it's not a fact that Silent Hill is a great horror game but most players would agree that it is, the developers call it a horror game and so as far as the Silent Hill and video game community at large is concerned, it's a horror game and a very good one. Same thing goes for RE5 and 6, most fans would agree that they're just fun action games, not horror games. Doesn't mean they're right, just means they're the majority.

To put it simple what I'm saying here is that whether a game is considered horror (or even fun to play) is decided by the majority of people that play it. You can't say objectively that a game is survival horror but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#63robert022614Posted 1/6/2013 2:32:19 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
But that still doesn't change the fact that the average is pretty low on both critics and users regardless of the platform.

At most, RE6 has a "mixed reception".

In both the PS3 & 360 version, even if by a little, the positive user reviews outnumber the negative ones.

The game is not "generally hated" as you're making it out to be.
And my point still stands that the negative are still "minority", because they are lesser than the positive ones.
The red bar is shorter than the green ones in all versions, whether critic or user.

I get your point and thought the game was generally fun, but is your sig supposed to be ironic?
#64GoldsicklePosted 1/6/2013 2:59:29 AM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
and I pointed out a bunch.

Yes but I mentioned that the games you pointed out conflict with "popular traits" of Survival Horror, such as no regenerating health, restrictive controls and limited ammo.

If these traits are considered "Survival Horror" according to the majority, then a lot of the games you mentioned are not qualified.

To begin, what is "Survival Horror" varies from one person to another, with nothing consistent that everyone will agree.
"Survival Horror" is a mess of everyone's personal opinions.

robert022614 posted...
I get your point and thought the game was generally fun, but is your sig supposed to be ironic?

At least there are other things in the game that makes up for the awful QTE >>
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#65Percocet_QueenPosted 1/6/2013 3:11:27 AM
People are entitled to their opinions although I do agree that this much hate for the game is unnecessary. Granted RE6 is nothing like RE1,2,3, or 4 (and any sub-games) but it's still a fun game to play.

There's character story, it looks awesome, plus it's always fun to shoot something in the face and watch it melt.
---
www.youtube.com/RainyDayGaming
PSN: Raynbow-Crash
#66Infectedglore2Posted 1/6/2013 8:52:35 AM
EduardoESR posted...
Cpl_D_Hicks posted...
Goldsickle loves to keep saying that because the old games ripped off Alone in the Dark, & the tons of those style games made them garbage because they're not original. Funny how he doesn't give any examples of those games which nobody remembers. The RE games must have done something right then, as they are still known & were well received back then

http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/eternal-darkness-sanitys-requiem
Eternal Darkness is actually quite similar to old RE and It was highly praised. Not sure on this but I think older Silent Hill were similar too. The only reason people still know about old RE games is because Capcom constantly release new games and there are also the movies, to It's kinda hard to forget the series.

Clock Tower, Corpse Party, and a bunch of others are all infinitely better survival-horror wise than RE can ever hope to be.

Yet few people remember them. Why? Because action sells and RE, even the "survival-horror" ones were always action over horror.
#67DarkD3stinyPosted 1/6/2013 9:12:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#68NewhopesPosted 1/6/2013 9:23:31 AM
Paid 10 for RE6 and still feel ripped off, by far the worst game I've played in years.