Ratio of male to female players

#211longstorm555Posted 1/8/2013 10:16:54 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
NorseLeaves posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
On another note, not only do I not frequent this board, whenever I do what I usually post is talking about gameplay and helping on others on hard difficulties. That is not a troll. However, all you do is bash this game and complain how its not like the older games thus not contributing to any positive atmosphere. That is a troll.

@Norse Longstorm and Candy have strong opinions and sharing them so why can't I?

I did not say you cant. you can say whatever you want. My previous posting was about how you made them defending for themselves against insults sound like PMS rants while you made defending for yourself look like a logical, judicious rebuttal. I think any person reserves the right defend themselves when they are challenged or insulted. so why can't they? All I am saying is what you can feel can also be felt by other people. think from other people's perspective. I am not WKing. If longstorm or loverboys insulted someone, I would tell them to stop.

Yet you didn't see all the fights they start over people liking Ada and people hating Chris? I'm pretty sure most people see them as quite troublesome posters.

here's the thing dude, you wanna se me that way, go ahead. i can only tell you i was not implying all guys complain about not having girlfriends, just the ones who treat them like crap.

agentada and i, by the way, are not enemies. we have strong opinions. we argue, maybe in real life we'd even shout at each other, but we're cool. we both like ada, and if had bothered to read my posts, you'd know that.
candy_girl and i started off fighting. we disagreed over chris, and i went over the line but then i apologized and we get along just fine now.

i can count on my fingers the number of people i fought here, they are:

agentada
good_tobi
candy_girl
receiverofwinsdom
stover46

candy_girl, agentada, and hey, even good_tobi---we're cool. we argue and it seems ugly but in the end, we don't dislike each other. well i certainly don't dislike them.

stover and receiver, on the other hand, have both insulted girls for being girls. stover insulted me, receiver insulted loverboyys.

so before you go around poiting fingers, you should do some fact checking.

am i rude? sometimes, yes.
do i come off a little strong with my opinions? yes, have always been like that.

but when i'm wrong, i'm wrong, and when i cross the line, i admit it and apologize. you can see it on the 'ada is not a main character' discussion that broke out between agentada and me and a couple of other people. it'sallstyle pointed out my logic was flawed, and it was, and i agreed and we carried on.

i'm not wrong, however, in defending my gender, and i'm not wrong to feel offended by men generalizing women everywhere. you think feminists are male hating ***ches, but you're wrong. i don't hate guys, hell, i'm very fond of them, but i hate being reduced to my gender.

i didn't write that text to create a fight. i wrote it so people would understand the kind of crap us girls get in the gaming community, and candy_girl was just sharing her own experience. by the way, i've never seen candy_girl fighting with anyone but me and that was once, so how exactly is she a trouble maker?

you hate sexism, yet you're coming after me for writing a text about it. when i wrote that part about nice guys complaining about not getting any girlfriends, i meant the ones who treat girls like crap. if you're not part of that group, why are you so offended? are you offended in behalf of the asses around here that treat girls like crap? because, gotta tell you, that's not being against sexism.
#212bluerulerPosted 1/8/2013 10:18:34 PM
Id like to donate a hug to basementdude to lighten the mood
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#213BasementDudePosted 1/8/2013 10:21:40 PM
i luv my hugs
---
number of e-huggies received today: 1,035
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 214,102,304
#214dgdgdgfdfPosted 1/8/2013 10:27:16 PM
longstorm555 posted...

here's the thing dude, you wanna se me that way, go ahead. i can only tell you i was not implying all guys complain about not having girlfriends, just the ones who treat them like crap.

agentada and i, by the way, are not enemies. we have strong opinions. we argue, maybe in real life we'd even shout at each other, but we're cool. we both like ada, and if had bothered to read my posts, you'd know that.
candy_girl and i started off fighting. we disagreed over chris, and i went over the line but then i apologized and we get along just fine now.

agentada
good_tobi
candy_girl
receiverofwinsdom
stover46

candy_girl, agentada, and hey, even good_tobi---we're cool. we argue and it seems ugly but in the end, we don't dislike each other. well i certainly don't dislike them.

stover and receiver, on the other hand, have both insulted girls for being girls. stover insulted me, receiver insulted loverboyys.

do i come off a little strong with my opinions? yes, have always been like that.

but when i'm wrong, i'm wrong, and when i cross the line, i admit it and apologize. you can see it on the 'ada is not a main character' discussion that broke out between agentada and me and a couple of other people. it'sallstyle pointed out my logic was flawed, and it was, and i agreed and we carried on.

i'm not wrong, however, in defending my gender, and i'm not wrong to feel offended by men generalizing women everywhere. you think feminists are male hating ***ches, but you're wrong. i don't hate guys, hell, i'm very fond of them, but i hate being reduced to my gender.

i didn't write that text to create a fight. i wrote it so people would understand the kind of crap us girls get in the gaming community, and candy_girl was just sharing her own experience. by the way, i've never seen candy_girl fighting with anyone but me and that was once, so how exactly is she a trouble maker?

you hate sexism, yet you're coming after me for writing a text about it. when i wrote that part about nice guys complaining about not getting any girlfriends, i meant the ones who treat girls like crap. if you're not part of that group, why are you so offended? are you offended in behalf of the asses around here that treat girls like crap? because, gotta tell you, that's not being against sexism.

I can attest to that. I even felt kind of sorry for you in the Ada's not a main character discussion because it did look like they ganging up on you, but you denied even that. I can also attest you've tried to be on good terms with ReceiverofWinsdom, but he in turn kept on treating you badly out of spite for you calling him out on his stupid joke.

The last part of your post, bravo.

By the way, Giftted, I'm a guy. And I'm also a feminist and I find the way you're coming after Longstorm and Candy_girl, and the way you claim to be against sexism but you're leaving the fact Longstorm only posted that text because Infected-something had reduced women, not only to their gender, but to their body shape, and another one had called gamer girls fake, repulsive. It seems like you're trying to cover up the fact you're offended and that you hate feminism by turning it into sexism against guys, which by the way, doesn't exist.

You think just because a girl insults you it's sexism?

When have us men ever been reduced to our gender, when has our gender ever been an obstacle to us, and when have we ever been harassed for playing video games or liking horror movies?
#215Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 10:37:09 PM
dgdgdgfdf posted...
longstorm555 posted...
Wall of text

Feminist troll uses Double Wall of Text attack

Feminist troll is confused!

hahaha I did not "reduce women to their gender". I made a broad truthful generalization of gamer girls and gamer guys too. Amusing assumptions though.

Maybe if you stopped being so argumentative you feminists wouldn't have the reputation of being a joke and *****y
#216longstorm555Posted 1/8/2013 11:00:48 PM
dgdgdgfdf posted...
longstorm555 posted...

agentada
good_tobi
candy_girl
receiverofwinsdom
stover46

I can attest to that. I even felt kind of sorry for you in the Ada's not a main character discussion because it did look like they ganging up on you, but you denied even that. I can also attest you've tried to be on good terms with ReceiverofWinsdom, but he in turn kept on treating you badly out of spite for you calling him out on his stupid joke.

The last part of your post, bravo.

By the way, Giftted, I'm a guy. And I'm also a feminist and I find the way you're coming after Longstorm and Candy_girl, and the way you claim to be against sexism but you're leaving the fact Longstorm only posted that text because Infected-something had reduced women, not only to their gender, but to their body shape, and another one had called gamer girls fake, repulsive. It seems like you're trying to cover up the fact you're offended and that you hate feminism by turning it into sexism against guys, which by the way, doesn't exist.

You think just because a girl insults you it's sexism?

When have us men ever been reduced to our gender, when has our gender ever been an obstacle to us, and when have we ever been harassed for playing video games or liking horror movies?

thank you. and hell yeah, a male feminist! \o/
#217Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 11:08:14 PM
longstorm555 posted...

>Talking to yourself
>Making yourself a different gender
>Implying that's not your alt
>lol
#218IlDankoPosted 1/8/2013 11:10:46 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
longstorm555 posted...

>Talking to yourself
>lol

Hell you're really annoying... Go troll somewhere else
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#219dgdgdgfdfPosted 1/8/2013 11:24:24 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
longstorm555 posted...

>Talking to yourself
>lol

I think you're upset Longstorm seems to be ignoring you completely. Probably upset that there's a guy on this board who doesn't agree with you and your generalization. You keep saying that the girls got so worked up for nothing, but you're awfully desperate to explain yourself.

You're:

>Begging for attention
>Explaining yourself every five minutes when neither of the girls spoke directly at you
>Trying to be funny
>Implying different accounts because no one could ever agree with her or go against you
>lol
#220GiftedACIIIPosted 1/8/2013 11:29:15 PM
@Longstorm
The problem is you're seeing sexism everywhere and then imposing your own sexism to counter it. That's not ok or cool. I'm not offended by this, I'm calling out your logic of generalizing men as a way to make a point. Sexism exists for both females and males with the latter happening more and more nowadays. And I loathe men who treat women like crap but I don't see any of that on this topic at all. Some wise guys maybe like Infected and Cobra but you'd have to be really sensitive to make a long speech damning all men because of that.

But you really think anyone here is bad? Wow, you really need to check out Current Events and Poll of the Day then. Stocked full of misogynists. People saying they'd beat up women http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/65132331 , people saying women are all lustful, people saying women only belong in the kitchen, and even people justifying rape! Makes me so mad and you call me sexist?

@dfdg
Now I've been picked on for defending and white-knighting females on those crazy social boards myself to the point where people call me sexist to men but not only is this the first time that I've been called sexist to women, you're a guy whos clearly more deluded over feminism than I am. Of course there is sexism towards males. Here is an example: All men are less intelligent and less mature than females.

Why would you feel bad for her on that Ada topic? Not only did they start it themselves they were clearly in the wrong. I feel that there is a very extreme bias over here.