Did Chris really not know... *Spoilers inside*

#1DrainDeimosPosted 1/7/2013 5:51:58 PM
When Chris and the rest of B.S.A.A. squad are in Edonia, they come across a mysterious woman in City Hall. The mysterious woman said she worked in City Hall and that her name was Ada Wong. Now, Chris actually believes that she was employed at City Hall and acts like he never heard of her name before.

Did Chris really not know who Ada Wong was? I mean the woman's name is associated with many big events in the series. After all, ever since the Raccoon City incident, Chris devoted his life to stop Wesker and other biohazard attacks from happening around the world. Ada was loosely associated with these events and Wesker. Not to mention, Leon and Chris seemed to keep in contact with each other and kept each other informed. Surely her profile would've been brought up during one of these events?

Yet, when Chris comes across Sherry in Edonia, he is able to recognize her name instantly. Before that meeting, he most likely never met Sherry and only knew about her through Claire. I just thought it was unusual that Chris didn't recognize Ada's name when he came across her in City Hall. I know her existence was kind of trivial to him prior to actually meeting her Edonia, but certainly he has heard her name at least once before meeting her?
---
Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 13-4
#2TyphlaxPosted 1/7/2013 5:55:53 PM
The only explanation I can come up with is that Ada is a covert spy - I don't think she'd let her name be put on any records for anything. Then the only way for Chris to know of her is through Leon or Claire. It would be odd for Claire to not mention her though unless she didn't know Ada's name.
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#3gmoshierPosted 1/7/2013 6:01:49 PM(edited)
He was probably too busy staring at Carla's revealing dress. LOL! You do bring up a good point because the BSAA is aware that Jake is a mercenary, and they should have at least some info on Ada Wong.
---
Platinum: DD, RE 6, Hitman: Absolution, & The Walking Dead.
http://s1293.beta.photobucket.com/user/gmoshier/library/Natasha
#4StrangerSirKaiPosted 1/7/2013 6:02:06 PM
I think he did know who she was. He eyes her suspiciously and asks Flynn to keep a close eye on her; I took it as "we can't trust her" instead of "she needs protection."
#5DrainDeimos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 6:02:51 PM
Yeah, that does make sense in a way. It is possible that hardly anyone knew Ada's name at all. Obviously Leon knows about her and Claire to a certain extent. And Claire did know a little bit about Ada's existence. In Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, both Leon and Claire come across Ada in the RPD parking lot and she introduces herself to them there. But that was the only time Claire really came across Ada.
---
Baltimore Orioles: 0-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 13-4
#6AfariquePosted 1/7/2013 6:03:00 PM
Loose spoilers...

What I wonder is if Chris will ever know that Ada is actually alive and he saw Carla?

If they're featured in RE7, I would think the time in-between them Leon would tell Chris?

Oh... And furthermore, I assume Wesker is alive, will he be on the good side like the movie now?
---
GT: Dzieckoh (No LIVE, atm.) Games: RE6, DOA5, WO3, AR.
#7ZombieMasterGodPosted 1/7/2013 7:05:27 PM
Movie Spoilers.

With the movie everyone keeps saying Wesker is a good guy now, but I don't see it. He lost via control to the Red Queen and is using people to take her out, assumings to take back over Umbrella. He is his same old self, using people and looking out for himself. It makes sense considering how calculating he is...
---
PSN: ZombieWolf
- - - - - - - - http://thebrink.us - - - - - - - -
#8PyroSparkPosted 1/7/2013 7:15:33 PM
ZombieMasterGod posted...
Movie Spoilers.

With the movie everyone keeps saying Wesker is a good guy now, but I don't see it. He lost via control to the Red Queen and is using people to take her out, assumings to take back over Umbrella. He is his same old self, using people and looking out for himself. It makes sense considering how calculating he is...

Yeah Wesker is one thing the movies got mostly right. Aside from the whole plaga bs in retribution.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#9KujaaPosted 1/7/2013 7:32:29 PM
I think Capcom needs to consult someone who’s actually served in the US army. . .I can’t tell if they are trying to make fun of the US Army or their consultants were from the Japanese army. Capcom makes the BSAA look like a group of morons.

Chris's champagnes look so forced and unnatural its barley playable to me. I think the dev team took themselves too seriously on this one.

I'm going to pretend this whole section of Resident Evil never happend. . . .
#10AlbertWesker999Posted 1/7/2013 7:36:00 PM
I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned John's file in RE1. The one that mentioned her by name? Yeah.

You'd think that everything about that night would be etched into his memory.
---
PSN: AlbertWeskerCEO