Did Chris really not know... *Spoilers inside*

#31YermomHoudiniPosted 1/8/2013 2:42:32 AM
chris could have easily cuffed her as a possible suspect, then she wouldn't be able to do much lol
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#32Alky88Posted 1/8/2013 2:58:01 AM
Ada is a spy, no one is supposed to know she's there.
In RE2 she "died" and even if Claire did meet/see Ada that's all she knows. The only living character who knows Ada is Leon and he likely never mentioned her in his report after RE4.
And are we really using a file as an argument? Said file only mentions Ada by name and nothing more.
On the other hand Chris knows of Sherry through Claire and she could've easily shown him a picture.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#33YermomHoudiniPosted 1/8/2013 3:10:30 AM
Alky88 posted...
In RE2 she "died" and even if Claire did meet/see Ada that's all she knows. The only living character who knows Ada is Leon and he likely never mentioned her in his report after RE4.
And are we really using a file as an argument? Said file only mentions Ada by name and nothing more.
On the other hand Chris knows of Sherry through Claire and she could've easily shown him a picture.

the government in damnation movie already issued wanted warrant for ada wong impersonating as BSAA, she even commented about it at the end of the movie, saying that it could always help her reputation.
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#34Alky88Posted 1/8/2013 3:52:58 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
Alky88 posted...

the government in damnation movie already issued wanted warrant for ada wong impersonating as BSAA, she even commented about it at the end of the movie, saying that it could always help her reputation.

And If I'm reading correctly she managed to get that removed in exchange for something else anyway.
Doesn't it happen mere months before Edonia anyway?
Let's not forget that Chris wasn't exactly sitting around before Edonia (see the manga).
---
#35siberian142Posted 1/8/2013 4:42:12 AM(edited)
Did Claire even meet Ada all that much in Resident Evil 2 (other than Darkside Chronicles)? It is not surprising that Claire would tell Chris about Sherry, a little girl whom she helped escape from Raccoon City, but not Ada, a distant woman who always run ahead and then is thought to have been killed. She was thought dead anyways, so her stealing the T-Virus would not be common knowledge to anyone but Wesker. To most, she is just a civilian who was accused of being a possible spy and then died, or that's the impression most would have of her if Claire didn't say much about her and Leon kept his mouth shut out of respect.

I don't believe the file mentions by her full name, just "Ada". Ada is an actual name, so you can't expect Chris to remember that all the way in 6.

Leon likely kept his mouth shut about 4, as well. Unless she had a reputation outside of the games, all the information they would have on her would be that she was possibly a spy and that she died in 2.

The only thing that might make her name a hot topic would be the international warrant that was placed on her head and that was possibly removed. It is a bit of a hole since she impersonated a BSAA member and used her full name, but, hey, can't expect Chris to remember every single possible terrorist's name or get told every single thing.
#36goku4ever03Posted 1/8/2013 5:39:04 AM
Only reason I can think of for Leon not mentioning Ada is his personal feelings for her and hiding knowledge of her for her own protection. But the BSAA really should have known something about her by now, regardless that she's a spy. They didn't even seem to know about Simmons and "the family". They're a pretty crappy organisation.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#37ReceiverxWisdomPosted 1/8/2013 7:10:10 AM
The thing I never understood is the part where Ada sees Chris firing at Carla on the Humvee, she then exclaims 'it's a Raccoon City reunion'.

What does that mean? When did she drag out intel on Chris from his sole appearance alone? The BSAA has denied claims on Wong infiltrating the Eastern Slav bloc under the guise of their corporation. Seeing as Chris is indeed a co-founder to the BSAA they shouldn't be denying him that 'vital' information of her name that was falsifying order under their administration unless he forgets things too easily. I wish things weren't so behind the scenes in this game.

EDIT: *I remember Chris has documented events in RC numerous times before departing to Europe. Arklay counted as well. She could've found out through Wesker as well. Looks like I answered my own question X_X*
---
"Check & Mate, Buddy."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#38SSJ_JinPosted 1/8/2013 7:19:02 AM
Can't believe no one said it. In Damnation the BSAA puts out a warrant for Ada's arrest. It's a plothole.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#39NorseLeavesPosted 1/8/2013 7:41:46 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Can't believe no one said it. In Damnation the BSAA puts out a warrant for Ada's arrest. It's a plothole.

I do not think Damnation is considered as canon. remember when Ada said when are we gonna continue that night's event...if Damnation is canonical to capcom, in re6, Ada or Leon should have said mentioned something about that night's event.
#40Alky88Posted 1/8/2013 7:45:47 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...

She gets it removed in exchange for the Plaga sample at the end.
She clearly has connections within the BSAA and apparently in high places. Chris is a founder but he's a simple soldier, he's not controlling the BSAA.
---