Playing through the series right now and...

#1notrandomPosted 1/7/2013 8:09:50 PM
Should I bother playing CVX? I've finished 0-4 and I was gonna move on to 5 but I figured that if I want to whole story I should play through CVX first.
However I hear it is the hardest and most unpleasant of all the RE games and I rather not buy it if I won't even be able to complete it because of frustration and brokenness.

I'm interested in the story of Wesker and I hear he has a more central role in CVX otherwise I would just skip it.
So what are the opinions on this game whether they be gameplay or story I want to hear them.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#2DecaprePosted 1/7/2013 8:13:50 PM
Leon: I don't think I've introduced myself, name's Leon Kennedy.

Ada: waves her hand like" I don't give a S***!!
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#3F0XholePosted 1/7/2013 8:17:31 PM
Actually, I found CVX to be one of the easiest RE games. The knife is way over-powered, plenty of ammo, and while there are a couple of frustrating parts (and trap sections where, if you don't bring the right gear at the right time, you are pretty well screwed), the gameplay is solid. It is the only old-school style RE game that I still enjoy playing, REmake aside. It feels a lot less out-dated IMO.

The story is arguably less important, although it does flesh out Wesker a bit more.
#4AlbertWesker999Posted 1/7/2013 8:50:38 PM
If you do get it DON"T LEAVE THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!oneoneone1!
---
PSN: AlbertWeskerCEO
#5Hal_EmerickPosted 1/7/2013 8:59:51 PM
CVX was always my favorite old school RE, but all I have to go on now is nostalgia. I watched a playthrough recently, so I can tell you that the bosses aren't really that great. Still, I'd say go for it. It can't be that expensive anyways.
#6Neutron15Posted 1/7/2013 9:01:11 PM
play it
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#7TomoEK9Posted 1/7/2013 9:04:36 PM
AlbertWesker999 posted...
If you do get it DON"T LEAVE THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!oneoneone1!

Did this the first time, I wanted to put my fist through the TV. CVX was probably the first and only RE game I wanted to destroy, I am contemplating burning my copy of it.
#8edward18Posted 1/7/2013 9:04:41 PM
Code Veronica is the single greatest Resident Evil game ever created aside from possibly Remake. You will be backtracking a lot the first time, but it is damn well worth it, especially if you're after the story. It's what brought Wesker back to life, introduced the T-Veronica Virus, and was the first game to give actual real background to Umbrella's history.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9ZeeDoggePosted 1/7/2013 10:00:31 PM
CVX was the most boring of all the classic REs. Long, tedious metroidvania sequences, respawning enemies, 20 friggin dollars. Not worth a buy at all
#10solstriderxPosted 1/7/2013 10:05:37 PM
AlbertWesker999 posted...

I too am doing a runthrough of all the RE games and this happened to me. I still beat it and am up to Re 4 now (up to salazars castle), but man did that frustrate me!