only Leon made into 50 greatest playstation moment, PSM (spoilers)

#21longstorm555Posted 1/8/2013 4:49:45 PM
good_tobi posted...
tevin1569 posted...
It's an opinionated list, I mean does it matter? Haha
I thought the greatest thing in RE4 was when you were with those spiky guys...they were so sexy.

PSM "Our final 50 has been selected by PSM writers past and present, honed by your votes and - ultimately - decided by the team members still on deck. What. A. Selection. It's been our honour to share them."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/384277/features/revealed-psm3s-50-best-playstation-gaming-moments-ever/

please tell you do know and understand that in the end, it was their opinion?

it wasn't decided, in the end, by voters (and if it was, it'd still be the voters' opinion), but by the team.

and like i said, which you chose so kindly to ignore, every important character from RE has been on a 'greatest list' at least once. i can still remember the psm here in brazil holding a vote, and describing chris as an iconic character, the face of the franchise, and i can still remember jill being the sexiest badass list after RE3, and Ada on a sexiest female characters list after RE4, and Claire being described as the most human and also badass character, Wesker as the greatest villain, Leon as, and I quote 'in the end, he's the cool guy every one wants to be'.
#22AnimesetsunaPosted 1/8/2013 5:01:17 PM
To me, Chris & Leon & Jill & Claire & Ada & Sherry are my favorites in RE series. Not a fan of them but just my favorites characters.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa, RE6 web manual:- http://game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/
#23DetBeauregardPosted 1/8/2013 5:24:04 PM
"Leon's arrival in a nameless Spanish village is a brutal start to perhaps the best game ever made. No tutorial, no quarter given, just all-out siege in a muddy settlement of freaks. You barricade doors, knock down ladders, and you might even feel safe... till you hear that chainsaw."

Honestly, whether you dislike RE4 or not, you have to admit that the lack of a tutorial was great. The game just threw you into the chaos with little explanation to anything, and it was actually one of the toughest parts of the game (starting with default equipment). I wish current games had the balls to do this.

Also, why can't RE4 be brought up in a topic without one or more users saying how much they hate it or that it's the weakest in the series? Get over it.
#24IlDankoPosted 1/8/2013 5:27:58 PM
DetBeauregard posted...

Also, why can't RE4 be brought up in a topic without one or more users saying how much they hate it or that it's the weakest in the series? Get over it.

The same way it can't be brought up in a topic without one or more users how it is the "best game of the entire series"
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#25edward18Posted 1/8/2013 6:44:08 PM
"Leon's arrival in a nameless Spanish village is a brutal start to perhaps the best game ever made. No tutorial, no quarter given, just all-out siege in a muddy settlement of freaks. You barricade doors, knock down ladders, and you might even feel safe... till you hear that chainsaw."

Honestly, whether you dislike RE4 or not, you have to admit that the lack of a tutorial was great.

No, that start was just ******ed (why can't we say that word?).

The game just threw you into the chaos with little explanation to anything, and it was actually one of the toughest parts of the game (starting with default equipment). I wish current games had the balls to do this.

I wish they had the balls to do it in the classic style.

How am I not over it?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#26ItsAboutStylePosted 1/8/2013 7:08:10 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bane: And who from Resident Evil made it into the 50 greatest playstation moments?

good_tobi: Only Leon

Bane: Only Leon. Thank you good tobi.
*breaks kneck

Win
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#27BlueRamzaPosted 1/8/2013 10:08:33 PM
Re4 was an alright game. It's special because of the mechanics and one liners. Once you take those things away, it's pretty average.

Still, it's 2000 leagues above RE6.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#28good_tobi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:23:47 AM
ItsAboutStyle posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
Bane: And who from Resident Evil made it into the 50 greatest playstation moments?

good_tobi: Only Leon

Bane: Only Leon. Thank you good tobi.
*breaks kneck

Win

very funny.

BlueRamza posted...
Re4 was an alright game. It's special because of the mechanics..

As RE game, yeah it was alright but as a game in general, its a benchmark. That's why it always makes in the best list.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#29BIack_DynamitePosted 1/9/2013 8:56:30 AM
I've seen loads of these best momets lists, and one of the best remembered moments was the very first zombie encounter in the original. Of course, the children who started with RE4 are not going to take notice of it. Still, that is a tense scene.
#30edward18Posted 1/9/2013 9:00:02 AM
RE4's crap as an RE game.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai