What, exactly, is the duration of Leon's/Helena's oxygen gauge?

#11King Azar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:04:26 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
saberstrom posted...
the whole underwater think lasts about a minute. anyone can hold there breath that long. nothing superhuman about it.

Considering they've been running/fighting/swimming before then and the fact that they weren't able to take a breath before going under, (at least Helena didn't) yeah....it's pretty superhuman. Not to mention everyone gets infected from the virus when they breathe, but not Leon and Helena! lol

Thank you. Also note that the oxygen gauge does NOT decrease when you punch/push a zombie away: it pauses until you are done with the action.
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.
#12Infectedglore2Posted 1/9/2013 1:50:18 PM
DigimonTrainer posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
http://sleepycomics.com/2245_v?img=6

If ten year olds can breathe underwater for 4 minutes so can you.

Wait...did you just use a children's comic panel to try and prove your point? No offense, I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but literally just about any other website would have been a more credible "source" if you wanted to prove your point.

Haha I wasn't serious. It's pokemon of all things.
#13F0XholePosted 1/9/2013 2:03:00 PM
What's amazing about the whole thing is that Leon is beating the crap out of that monster the entire time... without breathing. I mean, okay, say that as the well-trained agent that he is he can hold his breath normally for 3 or 4 minutes. It's entirely possible. But to hold it for a minute while exerting yourself to an extreme degree seems out of place. Especially considering that he can't really get off more than 10 kicks ON LAND without sucking wind.
#14DetBeauregardPosted 1/9/2013 2:38:53 PM
F0Xhole posted...
What's amazing about the whole thing is that Leon is beating the crap out of that monster the entire time... without breathing. I mean, okay, say that as the well-trained agent that he is he can hold his breath normally for 3 or 4 minutes. It's entirely possible. But to hold it for a minute while exerting yourself to an extreme degree seems out of place. Especially considering that he can't really get off more than 10 kicks ON LAND without sucking wind.

This is true.
#15DigimonTrainerPosted 1/9/2013 2:48:35 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
http://sleepycomics.com/2245_v?img=6

If ten year olds can breathe underwater for 4 minutes so can you.

Wait...did you just use a children's comic panel to try and prove your point? No offense, I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, but literally just about any other website would have been a more credible "source" if you wanted to prove your point.

Haha I wasn't serious. It's pokemon of all things.

Haha, oops, my bad then. You never know with the people on this board hah. I was about to say, what's next using Ash being electrocuted by Pikachu to prove that people can survive lightning strikes no problem? =P
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#16YermomHoudiniPosted 1/9/2013 4:08:02 PM(edited)
saberstrom posted...
the whole underwater think lasts about a minute. anyone can hold there breath that long. nothing superhuman about it.

moving, punching, swimming, and pulling weights with muscles will use up your breath really quickly. your point only stands when the guy underWATER is doing nothing, which does not apply to this case.
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#17F0XholePosted 1/9/2013 3:13:55 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
moving, punching, swimming, and pulling weights with muscles will use up your breath really quickly. your point only stands when the guy underwear is doing nothing, which does not apply to this case.

Uhhm.... something on your mind?
#18YermomHoudiniPosted 1/9/2013 4:08:45 PM
lol that was pretty fail
---
The Legendary Iron Fisting. Personal best single combo video for Ninja Gaiden.
http://youtu.be/szF_7c-eVIM
#19bluerulerPosted 1/9/2013 4:17:13 PM
hey at least the protagonists don't die the instant they touch water
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#20King Azar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:14:51 AM
Anyone here know?
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.