Gamasutra: RE6 = How Not To Make A Game

#31gamestop27Posted 1/8/2013 9:15:22 PM(edited)
The article summed up my gripes with this game. RE6 is fun up until the parts where you have to deal with QTEs and cutscenes, which comprises of most of the goddamn game.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#32Starsoul_klrPosted 1/8/2013 9:31:49 PM
Kujaa posted...
Azrakoth posted...
i think this game is fun, so meh, who cares what haters have to say.

Okay Im a "Hater". . .
I just want a game that isnt all stupid, glitchy and unthought out LOL.
There are alot of problems in this game . . .Some of them are really funny programing mistakes and loop holes. Its fun to be playing the unkillable starlets but you start to feel bad for the guy just trying to get passed his pro game with out dieing LOL>

You... really have never been chained looped by Jake as the lizard enemy have you? They are very weak to melee attacks.

That's one of the issues: people think the game or enemy is broken when all the problem is they don't know how to deal with some situations. Napads were annoying to me for a while until I learned of their weak point under the armor on the back. It's like the older resident evils.

The game isn't glitched or cheap they just don't understand what to do and just get mad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#33KujaaPosted 1/8/2013 9:42:40 PM
Starsoul_klr posted...
Kujaa posted...
Azrakoth posted...

Okay Im a "Hater". . .
There are alot of problems in this game . . .Some of them are really funny programing mistakes and loop holes. Its fun to be playing the unkillable starlets but you start to feel bad for the guy just trying to get passed his pro game with out dieing LOL>

You... really have never been chained looped by Jake as the lizard enemy have you? They are very weak to melee attacks.

That's one of the issues: people think the game or enemy is broken when all the problem is they don't know how to deal with some situations. Napads were annoying to me for a while until I learned of their weak point under the armor on the back. It's like the older resident evils.

The game isn't glitched or cheap they just don't understand what to do and just get mad.

LOLz
All I do with Jake is melee. The only reason I would use gun or rifle with him is because im having a tough time Meleeing something. I figured most people would know that. . .thought everyone on here was hardcore RE6 players.
The first time i ran into one I meleed it for like 15 mins LOL. Then I chased it around for like 5 and then used it for target practice. Was fun but got old . . . .

Capcom, hello get that fixed! Message me and ill reproduce it for you.
#34ZeeDoggePosted 1/8/2013 9:46:41 PM
Kujaa posted...
Starsoul_klr posted...
Kujaa posted...
Azrakoth posted...

Okay Im a "Hater". . .

LOLz
All I do with Jake is melee. The only reason I would use gun or rifle with him is because im having a tough time Meleeing something. I figured most people would know that. . .thought everyone on here was hardcore RE6 players.
The first time i ran into one I meleed it for like 15 mins LOL. Then I chased it around for like 5 and then used it for target practice. Was fun but got old . . . .

Capcom, hello get that fixed! Message me and ill reproduce it for you.

Bad player
#35KujaaPosted 1/8/2013 9:52:22 PM
Well, melee with Jake is the only reason I even bother with his section LOL. I do love how he fights. Reminds me of Wesker!!
#36KujaaPosted 1/8/2013 9:54:03 PM
Come to think of it, I jump kick and melee with Helena alot too LOL. Shooting things is just too easy.
#37J SasakiPosted 1/8/2013 10:23:14 PM
I think the boss fights really drag the game down. They are just not fun (ie, too long, too confusing) the first time around. Cheap deaths, mostly from QTEs, are number two on my list of why people don't seem like the game.

As a designer/developer, you have to throw the gamer a bone: give him/her a fighting chance when they're going in blind. Like have a Spidey Sense indicator, one of the characters say something, or even a slow-mo sequence that a bus is about to run you over, a giant J'avo is about to crush the tunnel you're in, etc.