Complete chapter without melee skills - what can and can't you do?

#1sidebeardPosted 1/8/2013 3:10:19 PM
I swear I've beaten a brace of chapters without pressing the button for melees once yet I still don't have this medal.

Can anyone say definitively what you are and aren't allowed to do?

For example, can you:

* dodge enemies' attacks,
* slide
* perform QTEs
* get grabbed by an enemy (but don't waggle the sticks)

Finding this medal frustrating!!
---
'What did you say?! Insects' life doesn't compare to human lives!'
#2HUNK_REVILPosted 1/8/2013 3:15:42 PM
I do not know what you can't an cannot not do but I think the description speaks for it self, just put on that infinite ammo and let it do the work.
Also 100% sure QTE's do not count.
Not entirely sure about sliding or busting boxes.
---
STEAM ID: SilentzScreams / Youtube.com/residentfool
#3SchillingerPosted 1/8/2013 3:17:34 PM
As far as I'm aware from the various times I've gotten this medal, you're allowed do everything *except* pressing R1 when it symbolises an attack. For example when you're next to a crate, the R1 prompt is greyed out somewhat and breaking it doesn't count towards melee.
But when you're next to an enemy, part of it is red. So if you use standard attacks, counter, stomp, CDG, stealth attack etc. you won't get the medal. But QTE's don't count. Or at least they didn't when I got it. That said, medals are bugged as hell so you could have a perfect playthrough and still not get it!
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer
#4sidebeard(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:29:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I created the topic as I've very deliberately played a number of chapters without using melee attacks but never got this medal.

For instance, I cleared Leon 1, didn't get the medal, so started thinking perhaps it's because of the bit in the elevator with Liz where she grabs you (unavoidably).

I am replaying Chris's campaign now so will have a go at Chris 2. Won't even bother with Ogroman as I'm pretty sure killing it 'through it's weakspot' would count as a melee....
---
#5SchillingerPosted 1/8/2013 3:55:48 PM
Actually I forgot to mention, I think that quick shots may count towards melee. I've had several play throughs where I was half-heartedly trying for the medal, and I really can't remember performing any melee attacks but I used quick shot persistently throughout. Haven't had a chance to test it for sure though.
Sounds weird but seeing as it requires an R1 and uses up stamina it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
---
/thread
PSN: Anthropomancer
#6sidebeard(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 4:34:51 PM
^ I think you could be onto something there. Daft as it sounds the fact that it uses part of the stamina gauge probably counts as a 'melee'.
---
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 1/8/2013 5:01:57 PM
I see. I can't use quick shot too.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa, RE6 web manual:- http://game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/