Leon didn't save anyone.

#21SamA7XPosted 1/10/2013 10:48:06 AM
If you don't try to save one life, You'll never save any. Epic quote from Degeneration.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#22Candy__GirlPosted 1/10/2013 10:48:12 AM
I'm going to quote myself from a different thread.

Candy__Girl posted...

Leon didnít let everyone die in his campaign. He never once tried to assume the role of Ďleaderí when he and Helena met up with some civilians still alive in the city. Never once. They asked what if they had any plans on how to escape and since they mentioned the Cathedral they decided to join forces for a time. You can not blame Leon for the death of the d-bag boyfriend Peter who decided to go running around the streets by himself out in the open, nor can you blame him for the death of the Gun shop owner and the ĎJapanese dude.í Both of them got grabbed while Leon was trying to get the whopper out of the way of the bus so that the rest of the survivors could have a chance at survival. Leon was not driving the bus, so blaming him for the rest of the survivors deaths is a silly thing to do. (The fact he and Helena survived can only be attributed to Ďplot armorí because that was a horrible crash.)

Once arriving at the Cathedral, again, he never rallied the civilians. When they all started approaching them he told them straight up ďSorry, but weíre not rescue workers.Ē He was there to discover the truth behind what happened in Tall Oaks. Helena knew more about what was going on but was desperate to find her sister so she was stringing Leon along for the help that he was providing her. In return she would tell him what she knew. Was Leon okay with that? No, he wasnít. He didnít have any other choice at that time. If you are going to blame anyone for the civilian deaths in the Cathedral it would be Helena since she knew more what was going on and what was lying beneath the surface. (Depending on how fast you dispose of the unleashed b.o.w you do have the power to save people. If you take your time you donít save anyone, if you do mediocre then you save one woman, and if you do great you save two women. Itís a trophy.)

The BSAA guy had gone back to see if any of his team had survived from what happened in other parts of Tachi. He reunited with Leon and Helena and joined their fight. (Iím guessing he didnít find any survivors.) He chose to fight with them, he came back, so why is his death Leonís fault?

Ada and Leon go hand in hand. (For the record Iím not shipping them) Ada appears and offers Leon a helping hand and vice versa. Itís been their on going story line so having it any other way would be straying from the formula. You make it sound like he doesnít ever return her favors. He took Simmons shrapnel to the back to shield Ada from certain death and thatís not the first time heís taken a Ďbulletí for Ada. You mentioned Ada leaving a rocket launcher for him at the end of his campaign? You donít have to use it to kill Simmons. Itís your choice but it is an epic way to end an epic boss fight.

What about Chris. Some of you will blame Carla for his teamís deathsÖ Werenít you just condemning Leon for similar things that happened to him? What about all of the people of Tachi? Was Chris responsible then for everyone's death in Tachi because he didn't stop the missile? That was his mission at that point, after all, and by your line of reasoning then Chris has an entire city's blood on his hands. Do those types of events make either one of them lesser an Agent or a Captain? No they do not. They both fulfill different roles in the series and their personalities usually fit well with the roles theyíre filling.

I don't know why some of you want to bring up these so called 'failures.' Resient Evil is a part of the horror genre so we can expect people to die. Blaming their deaths on the 'hero' closest to those victims is ridiculous. The 'heros' of Resident Evil are not infallible. We see that time and time again. They're only human.
#23Candy__GirlPosted 1/10/2013 10:49:17 AM
Some of you argue about how upset Leon was in RE4 over Mike and Louis when he barley knew them. Think of how long ago that was. That mission was one of Leon's first official missions as an Agent. The years have hardened him and he's not as outwardly emotional as he used to be. Plus, I don't think his current voice actor could convincingly pull off a 'death yell of vengence.' He only has one for Helena and that sounds all wrong.
#24Volren617Posted 1/10/2013 10:55:38 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
KaiserDragoon67 posted...
I'm not a hater. Leon's my favorite character out of anything EVER. I just noticed that he watched a lot more people die infront of him in this game than any other. He didn't even shout their names, which was his trademark. He doesn't care the way he used to and that's what I don't like. They made him look nonchalant about witnessing civilians being massacred that he actually could have helped. Look at the way he yelled for Luis or Mike. He barely knew Luis. He f****** cared before d*****.

I gotcha. The only people I recall him pretty much killing was the people in the church. I remember him actually wanting to help those people in the video camera who were killed by zombies. Don't remember much else. Only watched the cutscenes in 6 once...

Btw, I love how in RE4 those two cops made his ass sit in the back. No way he was driving. And yet, just because he was there, the car still crashed. =(

To be fair nothing happened to the car while he was in it. The Ganados were the ones who destroyed it, Leon and the cops got to their destination safe and sound.
#25kakarotozeroPosted 1/10/2013 10:56:02 AM
RE 6 logic - Leon

in the first stage, leon hesitate to kill that girl in the elevator and he almost lose his mind when he see in the monitor a lot of people get attacked by zombies

however later, he don t even says thanks to all the bsaa soldiers that help him to survive
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#26longstorm555Posted 1/10/2013 11:29:26 AM(edited)
kakarotozero posted...
RE 6 logic - Leon

in the first stage, leon hesitate to kill that girl in the elevator and he almost lose his mind when he see in the monitor a lot of people get attacked by zombies

however later, he don t even says thanks to all the bsaa soldiers that help him to survive

this made me remember a user here who described that scene with the monitor:

leon sees people asking for help

waits for them to be attacked

...processing...

people are being eaten alive

.....processing.....

'we've gotta have to help them!'
#27longstorm555Posted 1/10/2013 11:28:44 AM
Candy__Girl posted...
Some of you argue about how upset Leon was in RE4 over Mike and Louis when he barley knew them. Think of how long ago that was. That mission was one of Leon's first official missions as an Agent. The years have hardened him and he's not as outwardly emotional as he used to be. Plus, I don't think his current voice actor could convincingly pull off a 'death yell of vengence.' He only has one for Helena and that sounds all wrong.

oh man, i hate his new voice actor. i think it's part why leon seemed to not care about anything in re6. there was seriously a lack of emotion in his voice, even when he was dealing with ada or sherry or chris. he sounded the same in all three.

his re4/chronicles/degeneration voice actor did such a good job, i miss him. i.i
#28longstorm555Posted 1/10/2013 11:32:51 AM
Candy__Girl posted...

I don't know why some of you want to bring up these so called 'failures.' Resient Evil is a part of the horror genre so we can expect people to die. Blaming their deaths on the 'hero' closest to those victims is ridiculous. The 'heros' of Resident Evil are not infallible. We see that time and time again. They're only human.

not to bring out the past, and i'm not arguing because i agree with this last part, but you did say you were disappointed in chris' campaign because he had become and drunk and had let everyone die.

we're just pointing out the people who died with leon.
leon has saved ashely, claire, sherry, and manuela. he's saved people when he could save them, no one is denying that. :)
#29Dicer7Posted 1/10/2013 11:38:30 AM
I blame Helena. If it wasn't for her nagging Leon to get to the cathedral every 5 minutes I'm sure he would've spent more time in Tall Oaks trying to help people like he probably wanted to. Not to mention all the people at the cathedral would've been spared their fate at the hands of Lepo.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#30darkphoenix181Posted 1/10/2013 12:35:13 PM
Leon S. Kennedy

the angel of death
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1