Will Capcom please make Edward a classic resident evil game...

#51AnimesetsunaPosted 1/11/2013 9:03:17 PM
I am lazy to read it... So this topic is all about edward?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much (@w@)
#52ZeeDoggePosted 1/11/2013 9:21:56 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
I am lazy to read it... So this topic is all about edward?

Yeah, the vampire. Some Twilight fan wants a crossover using classic RE mechanics
#53Big_Boss1432Posted 1/11/2013 9:26:54 PM
spikefreaky posted...
Just so he'll shut the hell up?

Sorry I've been on Hiatus for months why is he still here, RE6 is still going strong get over it, it's a decent game the whole "numbered games shouldn't change gameplay" argument is old and annoying, for starters the gameplay evolved, RE1 had like 4 puzzles edward, off the top of my head, the statue/gas room(repeated later in the game) the crow room, the plant/poison room and possibly if you really want to count it V-Jolt, thats the only gameplay element that didn't evolve, backtracking is not part of the gameplay, its part of the game and it was used to make the game longer no other reason.

I love RE1-6 I've speed run each probably 10 times and RE1 over 100 times(not an exageration maybe an understatement) and your basis is wrong, the gameplay can and should evolve/change in a numbered series the STORY/THEME should not.

Good Day.

If capcom did edawrd that favor; I'd be pumped. PS3 Old School RE? Im in.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#54Big_Boss1432Posted 1/11/2013 9:46:52 PM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...

Game-making doesn't cling on to old fans from 10 years ago, since at some point, people stop playing games when they're older.
If you're still playing games when you're 35-40, good for you but chances are that you are in a minority group.
Most of the players consist of young adolescence to young adults.

Which is why games keep moving on with the times to meet the demands of ever-changing standards.
Game companies can't gamble on fans who bought their games 10 years ago, because those fans might not be around and have moved on from gaming.

Some game making companies do cling on to old fans; look a t nintendo. Although Zelda is modernized; its still the same formula and game as A link to the past and NES LoZ and gameplay. 40 year-old gamers aren't a minority; there are a bunch of adult computer gamers. In fact, I think there are more adult computer gamers than adolescent computer gamers. And game companies can gamble with 10 years of fans. Naughty dog does it. Although I hate Jak and Crash compared to Spyro and ratchet and clank; I still got Uncharted and Resistance because its a company I knew and grew up with. The whole idea is to get you as a child so you get their product for most of your life.
In fact most my games are by the same companies from over 5 system generations of gaming: Capcom, Konami, Square soft/enix and enix, nintendo, Sony, Naughty Dog, insomniac, Level 5 and lots of others.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#55GoldsicklePosted 1/11/2013 9:54:03 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Some game making companies do cling on to old fans; look a t nintendo.

Not really.

According to an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, he doesn't like pandering too much to old, hardcore fans:
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2005/06/67854

40 year-old gamers aren't a minority; there are a bunch of adult computer gamers.

According to a recent video game player statistics, players who are over the age of 35 only represents 1/3 of the community:
http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf

Just because you met a lot of older gamers, you can't assume that they represent the majority.

And game companies can gamble with 10 years of fans.

They really can't take that risk.
Can you be absolutely sure that the one million people who bought your game a decade ago will come back?
Try to be realistic.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#56Big_Boss1432Posted 1/11/2013 10:17:36 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Some game making companies do cling on to old fans; look a t nintendo.

Not really.

According to an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, he doesn't like pandering too much to old, hardcore fans:
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2005/06/67854

40 year-old gamers aren't a minority; there are a bunch of adult computer gamers.

According to a recent video game player statistics, players who are over the age of 35 only represents 1/3 of the community:
http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf

Just because you met a lot of older gamers, you can't assume that they represent the majority.

And game companies can gamble with 10 years of fans.

They really can't take that risk.
Can you be absolutely sure that the one million people who bought your game a decade ago will come back?
Try to be realistic.

I can actually be sure over 1 million people who bought a companies game 10 years ago will comback. There are tons of people who sarted gaming and at around 7 and stay loyal to company 10-15 years later.
If miyamoto didn't like pondering to old fans then we'd have new formulas for the games. Luckily the formulas attract both adult and children so everyones happy. Never said adult gamers were a majority, but you act as if there are 2 in exsistance.
---
#57Big_Boss1432Posted 1/11/2013 10:23:06 PM
Losing 1 third of your sales is quite a lot too haha
---
#58GoldsicklePosted 1/11/2013 10:25:35 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
I can actually be sure over 1 million people who bought a companies game 10 years ago will comback. There are tons of people who sarted gaming and at around 7 and stay loyal to company 10-15 years later.

And where's the stats, survey or data that backs this up?
All you have are speculations.

If miyamoto didn't like pondering to old fans then we'd have new formulas for the games.

You haven't looked around enough.

There are people who are unhappy with the most minor changes, like Toon Link or Mario moving to 3D, because they feel that Mario should only be side-scrolling.

Whether a game is "changed" or not is strictly personal opinion, most of the time.

Like how I come across comments where some people think RE3 was already an action title since 3.
Some said it started with Code: VERONICA.
There are also comments that claims RE4 is still "survival horror", even if they did change the way the game plays.

If you were to tell me whether a game is changed or not, nothing you say will make your opinions anymore valid than the several other opinions mentioned.

To begin, the developers of RE themselves never set any rules on what 'defines' RE.
They just did whatever they feel is right at the time.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#59XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 1/11/2013 10:31:05 PM
Funny because I could've sworn Shigeru Miyamoto said he wanted to lure back the hardcore crowd with the Wii U. Also a third of gamers are age 35 and up? That's way more than I thought. Still a minority but a pretty big one.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#60Big_Boss1432Posted 1/11/2013 10:31:18 PM
I know there a lot of zelda fans who hate the new games. I know there a lot of zelda fans that want a new formula top. Statistics? Your poll isn't even credible wtf hahaha
---