What's The Point Of Hiding From Simmons? (SPOILERS)

#1GoldsicklePosted 1/11/2013 10:29:42 AM
In chapter 4 of Leon's campaign, you fight the infamous T-Rex Simmons.

I found out that if the first thing you do is take cover to hide while he's transforming, there will be a short cutscene where Simmons Rex is looking around while Leon says "He can't see us", if you stay out of sight long enough.

I was wondering if using stealth somehow makes it easier to shoot his weak points or something.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2kakarotozeroPosted 1/11/2013 10:38:15 AM
no, since you need to shoot in the eye
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#3SSJ_JinPosted 1/11/2013 10:40:38 AM
kakarotozero posted...

Actually you can shoot his back and his stomache as well. As for the cutscene, I have no idea. If that's the secret to making that incredibily long, boring battle end faster, then please. Someone tell us.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#4ZeeDoggePosted 1/11/2013 11:28:25 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
kakarotozero posted...

Actually you can shoot his back and his stomache as well. As for the cutscene, I have no idea. If that's the secret to making that incredibily long, boring battle end faster, then please. Someone tell us.

Easier to shoot his back weakpoint. You can do good sniper rifle damage this way
#5strideurPosted 1/11/2013 12:34:48 PM
The back point is way easier to hit than his eye. He seems to run around with his eye closed for me. It takes a few hits to expose the back one, but its easy to do reliable damage.

Maybe if you're hiding, it enables Ada to do more damage with the helicopter?
#6DetBeauregardPosted 1/11/2013 6:24:00 PM
I'm fairly certain that the magnum can penetrate his flesh and hit his eye even if his mouth is closed, but I could be wrong. Also, I never knew about the hiding bit; I'll have to check it out.
#7tevin1569Posted 1/11/2013 7:25:37 PM
I do it, that way they attack my partner and not me. Also isn't it chapter 5? I get really overwhelmed so hiding behind cars makes me very happy.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#8Goldsickle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:13:04 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Also isn't it chapter 5?

Yeah, I messed up.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#9Infectedglore2Posted 1/12/2013 7:07:26 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I'm fairly certain that the magnum can penetrate his flesh and hit his eye even if his mouth is closed, but I could be wrong. Also, I never knew about the hiding bit; I'll have to check it out.

Pretty sure a shotgun can too, and I've had times when it starts to bite, when the dodge prompt starts I shot the eye instead and I flinch it.
#10AnimesetsunaPosted 1/12/2013 8:06:08 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
kakarotozero posted...

Easier to shoot his back weakpoint. You can do good sniper rifle damage this way

I always shoot his back weak spot using shotgun.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much (@w@)