Your fastest speedrun on Leon's second chapter

#1slapper1Posted 1/11/2013 11:09:41 AM(edited)
I just completed my "soft run" on Leon's second chapter. I did it while playing Solo and using Leon, and I got a time of 32:32. I have not found any significant shortcuts as of yet, however if you are going to do this event on Solo, then I recommend playing as Helena (it saves time in the long lab hallways if you are controlling her).

- Follow the path of the graveyard to avoid falling into one of the three open graves (you lose lots of time if you fall in).
- If playing Solo, keep spamming the Follow Me callout when you are running through enemies to keep you A.I. partner moving and avoid any unnecessary combat to save lots of time.
- When in the cathedral, immediately pick up the modanna and do the partner command, this shaves off a few seconds from examining the alter.
- If playing Solo, then tell your partner to wait by one of the small modanna alters while you sprint to the other, it saves some time if you are the one running.
- The codes to open the three rooms in the lab are : 210, 021, 201 in that order.

It's not much, but these should help shave off some time. Other than that, just use a magnum with magnum mastery or firearm Lv. 3 (or both) and blast through the stage ASAP. Good luck guys/gals.

If anyone needs a Co-op partner, my PSN is: slapper12
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#2DreamCast_RocksPosted 1/11/2013 11:26:13 AM
Thank you for the great tips. I did my first Leon chapter 2 speedrun today and took about 42 mins.
#3GameCoderPosted 1/11/2013 12:01:25 PM
Having a coop makes a difference. I had one random player who joins me. The player is such a pro since he/she knows what he/she is doing. My solo is 32.16, and with a coop is 28.33
---
PSN: Whitemon, RE.net Nickname: Gamecoder -- add me please ^_^ (93/100 Site Buddies)
#4strideurPosted 1/11/2013 12:30:20 PM
Have any of you used Helena during the Deborah part? I did a run through last night and found that Leon took forever to progress while you're carrying Deborah. He just didn't want to move forward. It seemed to me that would be the biggest holdup in SP.
#5Starsoul_klrPosted 1/11/2013 12:51:01 PM
strideur posted...
Have any of you used Helena during the Deborah part? I did a run through last night and found that Leon took forever to progress while you're carrying Deborah. He just didn't want to move forward. It seemed to me that would be the biggest holdup in SP.

Leon kept with me pretty well in my first take. If you're going to speed run it do it on amateur so you have an easier time with enemies.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Starsoulklr
I'm an Ultra Nerd for Video Games so see what I've got for viewing.
#6saberstromPosted 1/11/2013 12:54:29 PM
when we pause the game on solo does the timer keep running? i want to pause and read strategies as i go.
#7slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 12:57:11 PM
^ I believe the timer keeps running, but I could be wrong.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#8krw703Posted 1/11/2013 1:06:59 PM
slapper1 posted...

- Follow the path of the graveyard to avoid falling into one of the three open graves (you lose lots of time if you fall in).

I'd suggest taking the shortcut near the tomb you can open that has 5000 skill points in it. Unlike the other areas this one has plenty of space to avoid dropping into the open grave.

Also, I don't remember exactly where but try to lay (slide near it) a remote bomb where the dog will spawn then simply detonate it after it appears there. That way you can kill him when he spawns and the key will be on the ground well before you get there.
---
PSN: krw703; DQ8-JP-LLA [Trap Box, 3 attempts] (H1, Y6, J10, K12)
Now Playing: Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
#9slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 1:21:21 PM(edited)
^ He spawns right near the hill at the start of the graveyard, and that is good advice. I wonder if you can kill him before he runs off after escaping the bathroom with a remote bomb...
---
#10viper9xPosted 1/11/2013 2:30:51 PM
me and spikefreaky have our time down to 27:45 so far.