Teach me to be a super try hard counter attacker

#21Mitochondri0nPosted 1/12/2013 9:30:26 PM
reww posted...
Is that what was happening with the grenades.. I saw the kick a couple times was that it or was that a button push. like down and melee...

Equipping different weapon alter the counter move. Like in that video, when he equip the assault rifle, Sherry counter by hitting with the rifle. When he equip the grenade, Sherry counter by kicking without using the grenade at all to counter.
#22ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 7:24:44 AM
Ugh, I have no idea how to counter when I have a mob of enemies surrounding me. How do these players always get to go one on one?
#23rewwPosted 1/13/2013 10:07:22 AM
I can't even manage a 150 chain in catacombs. Counterings gotten better there. Although I haven't bothered on whoppers or that gas boobs one. I think alot of people kinda do that quick shot to delay some unless its for weakening so the counters kill.
---
Official Disgaea 1 Majin of the Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Board
#24ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:12:35 AM
reww posted...
I can't even manage a 150 chain in catacombs. Counterings gotten better there. Although I haven't bothered on whoppers or that gas boobs one. I think alot of people kinda do that quick shot to delay some unless its for weakening so the counters kill.

I can't either. I can counter regular zombies, but pounces are a pain to time and position correctly
#25rewwPosted 1/13/2013 10:37:14 AM
Yeah I generally just quick shot dogs, because when I try to wait bad things happen. Leaping zombies are still a pain get them every now and then.

With Power counter does anyone have a list of what needs to be equipped to get 1 shot kills on zombies?
---
#26KeyserVancePosted 1/13/2013 12:55:06 PM
Carla's my favorite and main, so i'll speak from that perspective.

On Mining the Depths, I counter with the Picador equipped. If you counter a zombie head-on with that it will crush the head for an easy +10 seconds. No Power Counter necessary. It seems to work for many characters too, except Helena's seems a little less effective. The attack I find easiest to counter is their lunging grab attack.
---
Diamond Friend Code - KEYSER, 2921 9164 8828
SoulSilver Friend Code - KEYSER, 1634 6957 5881
#27rewwPosted 1/13/2013 2:30:20 PM
I'm getting pretty good at catacombs, even though its suppoed to be the easiest. Granted me and one person just missed a 150 combo by 2 seconds... But I think it was my first mil.

Anyway in catacombs I've missed a few grabs that cost me some time. Also seems like it happens a little to much where your waiting to counter and someone blows up a zombie with a lamp and your just like ehhh.
---
#28ssj_duelistPosted 1/13/2013 2:37:20 PM
The 1 Executioner posted...
Look at what I've done here if you don't know how to use the "cheap" counter tactic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJp25D0HrI&list=UUu0SBXDU53cAvd0D_nbGrsA&index=1

No skill necessary and I'll admit it. You will score at least 1.38 mil and higher. Good luck.

So basically spam the counter button as they approach?
#29ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:41:53 PM
ssj_duelist posted...
The 1 Executioner posted...
Look at what I've done here if you don't know how to use the "cheap" counter tactic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrJp25D0HrI&list=UUu0SBXDU53cAvd0D_nbGrsA&index=1

No skill necessary and I'll admit it. You will score at least 1.38 mil and higher. Good luck.

So basically spam the counter button as they approach?

Nope, time it just as they are about to hit you. Do it too early, and you start doing melees and can't activate it(and possibly get hit). You also have to have to be facing the enemy
#30ssj_duelistPosted 1/13/2013 3:16:45 PM
Gonna retry later. Can't get an a rank with Piers, he just sucks so much!