Why do people have trouble with the driving sequences?

#1ZeeDoggePosted 1/12/2013 9:29:48 AM
I'm sure all of you already have cars and drive, or at least have played a video game with cars in it
#2MonkeyKrazy07Posted 1/12/2013 9:31:08 AM
I've totaled my car 3 times alone just in 2012 ...>.>
---
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
#3ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:32:34 AM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
I've totaled my car 3 times alone just in 2012 ...>.>

Maybe you should be playing the driving sequences more to practice
#4xokennyxoPosted 1/12/2013 9:35:16 AM
For me, the part of the driving parts that are aggravating, is not really know what to do when there's a car ahead, when to accelerate, or when to slow down to get a serpent emblem.

I have nothing against the driving parts, they're just...tiring.

Also when I die because of a simple driving mistake, it affects the ranking.
#5ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:39:30 AM
xokennyxo posted...
For me, the part of the driving parts that are aggravating, is not really know what to do when there's a car ahead, when to accelerate, or when to slow down to get a serpent emblem.

I have nothing against the driving parts, they're just...tiring.

Also when I die because of a simple driving mistake, it affects the ranking.

You don't have to floor it the entire time, you know.
#6viper9xPosted 1/12/2013 9:52:47 AM
A lot of the problems i've seen people having with these driving sequences seems to come from people using 3rd party control pads. Infact I remember one person having a problem using a DS2 with a PS2 to usb converter. We estimated that the DS2 and usb converter combo was only outputting around 75% of the range when the shoulder buttons were fully pressed. This thus resulted un the player being unable to keep up with the AI partner in the snowmobile sections and thus died repeatedly.

As for people having problems using Dual Shock 3s, I can't explain, I can't remember having any problems with the driving sections at all (as a result of not being able to keep up) but then again I don't know what other peoples' experience of driving games is like.
#7RichterdgfPosted 1/12/2013 9:54:37 AM
ZeeDogge posted...

That's the crucial part that NOBODY understands, yet they all wonder why they crash so much.

The vehicle segments DO suck, they just suck a whole lot less when you apply a little restraint and don't try to lead-foot it through the whole thing.
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#8viper9xPosted 1/12/2013 10:00:26 AM
Richterdgf posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

That's the crucial part that NOBODY understands, yet they all wonder why they crash so much.

The vehicle segments DO suck, they just suck a whole lot less when you apply a little restraint and don't try to lead-foot it through the whole thing.

I actually liked the vehicle sections myself with the exception of Jakes motorcycle chase as Jake (it's much more fun as sherry)

That said you are very much correct regards to lead footing it. Light braking and accelerating at the apex of a corner is very effective for the tighter corners. and not firing that turbo just as you're about to enter a corner works wonders too.
#9gamestop27Posted 1/12/2013 10:01:32 AM
Because they're not fun.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~XTrEaMkILlA227
#10ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:04:44 AM
gamestop27 posted...
Because they're not fun.

You wouldn't know fun if your stepfather smacked your mother's tush with it