Mercenary skill points farming

#1Zeronic007Posted 1/13/2013 9:21:23 AM
I just finished the game with all characters and wanted to buy some infinite ammo skill.
Yet, I lack the points and the farming places all require either infinite magnum or GL.
I also see a lot of people saying that mercenaries is a good place to start, yet I have payed no attention to it yet.
I like to play solo as well. What can you guys recommend me? What skill/character/map should I choose?
I already read the sticky, so I know some basic things.
Thanks in advance.
#2largerockPosted 1/13/2013 10:07:16 AM
Try out No Hope.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3Zeronic007(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:11:47 AM
Errrmm, like I said. I just finished the game. And although I like it I think no hope is a bit to hard for me atm.
#4Matty0289Posted 1/13/2013 10:44:48 AM
If you want to practice Zombies, go to "Mining the Depths"

If you want to work out with Javo, I think "Steel Beast" is ideal.

Carla is a good choice. Her Handgun is fairly strong, and she has a Grenade Launcher with Acid, Explosive, and Nitrogen Rounds.

Sherry is a good choice too. She also comes with 2 Red Herbs, and I think a First Aid Spray?

As well as her Default Story Handgun and a Magnum.

Item Drop Increase, Pharmacist would be decent skills for a beginner. When you get the hang of Mercenaries, you're welcome to pick any other skill you like that sounds reasonable. I'm not sure if "Item Drop Increase" increases "Skill Point Drops", but maybe it does?
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#5Zeronic007(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 12:14:02 PM
I read in other topic's that it does stack. However. OP stated that I don't have all named characters yet. Have to try the maps though.
#6Zeronic007(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:33:24 AM
*Le bump*
#7rewwPosted 1/14/2013 11:21:54 AM
I'd work your way through the different stages to unlock the costumes and learn the stages. If you bought the dlc catacombs is pretty easy to survive in. And you'll learn the different counter attacks and such.

if you don't want to buy any dlc I recommend going for urban chaos or mining the depths. Depths seems a little bit easier. I'd watch a video first just to kinda see the stage layouts to find all the time bonuses.

I'd say Mercs online is probably the fastest way. Some people get worked up when combo breaks. I kinda do, especially since sometimes it feel like robbery or idk if others have had the problem, but a zombie dissappears that should have died and you see your combo think flicking to an end.... I don't get mad with the other people though. With coop unless someone dies your most likely going to get the 150 kills. And thats what I'm happy with.

Mercs does go by fast. 15 minute round or so 3 or 4 of those tops and you should have something
---
Official Disgaea 1 Majin of the Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Board
#8DanielSpace79Posted 1/14/2013 12:51:00 PM
Add me and we can do DUO- I'll kill, you just stay alive and farm as needed.
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#9LionHeart823Posted 1/14/2013 3:17:01 PM
^^

can we do that?
I am missing 200, 000 points for my plat I think
Got bored out of my mind farming in Chris Chapter 5, and not good enough to solo Merc
---
~There are many worlds but they share the same sky~
One sky, One destiny. PSN: LionHeart1203
#10DanielSpace79Posted 1/14/2013 4:02:57 PM
LionHeart823 posted...
^^

can we do that?
I am missing 200, 000 points for my plat I think
Got bored out of my mind farming in Chris Chapter 5, and not good enough to solo Merc

Sure thing- I enjoy doing it because it makes it really challenging for me- and you get the benefit of skill points. Dual win!
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType