About Wesker's Master Plan in RE5...

#1ZDrifter9000Posted 1/13/2013 1:55:43 PM(edited)
I don't fully understand what his desired outcome was? I mean, he says that ''only a hand full of Humans truly matter'' however if he released Uroboros into the atmosphere how the hell would he know who it would accept and who it would reject!? Unless Wesker just counted on the ones that ''truly mattered'' taking refuge underground or something...I just don't get it. There's, was, never any guarantee that the smarter, stronger individuals would survive.

There's actually a huge chance they wouldn't survive since the ''chaff'' is much more vast in number than the ''wheat''.
---
psn - ZDRIFTER9000_XII
~ Albert Wesker Fan Club ~
#2edward18Posted 1/13/2013 2:04:08 PM
Well, I doubt he really was all that worried. Considering he's Wesker and all he could probably pretty easily find the survivors considering how much access he has to high-class technology and such.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3ZDrifter9000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:10:06 PM
You mean Like the Laser Satellite!?
---
psn - ZDRIFTER9000_XII
#4LoschenPosted 1/13/2013 2:14:31 PM(edited)
IIRC the virus didn't really kill everyone it touched, some people were resistant to it. Wesker just expected everyone not resistant to it to die, thus leaving the "stronger" people alive in his new world.
---
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 1/13/2013 2:15:28 PM
The best people would have binded with Uroboros probably ending up looking like Wesker at the end of RE5. Everyone else would look like Uroboros monster you fight near the beginning where you use two levers to burn it.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6ZeeDoggePosted 1/13/2013 2:21:47 PM
Spencer: Create an utopian society of super humans("gods"). Thus indoctrination of Wesker children followed administering the virus

Wesker: Screw it, let's just evolve. There's no standard for "better" other than natural selection anyway. Infect everybody and see who become super organisms and let those be the next stage

I imagine that Wesker thought uroboros super organisms would be Prototype level powerful or something, though I doubt they would have been able to deal with the sheer mass of tentacle monster rejects
#7ZDrifter9000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:27:14 PM(edited)
But if 80% of people (and animals?) became like the Uroboros monster that Excella and that other person became, wouldn't the monsters just overwhelm the still (partly) Humans?...I just can't come to fathom how Wesker's plan would work out well for him in the end?

Could it be that Wesker finally reached breaking point and just ''lost it''?.
---
psn - ZDRIFTER9000_XII
#8ZeeDoggePosted 1/13/2013 2:30:46 PM
ZDrifter9000 posted...
But if 80% of people (and animals?) became like the Uroboros monster that Excella and that other person became, wouldn't the monsters just overwhelm the still (partly) Humans?...I just can't come to fathom how Wesker's plan would work out well for him in the end?

Apparently Wesker though it would make the survivors super super duper powerful
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 1/13/2013 2:39:59 PM
ZDrifter9000 posted...

If the people binded perfectly they would would be stronger then the people who didn't. And no one would become the size of Excella by themselves. Excella used hundreds of dead bodies. Even if some people managed to Wesker has access to the laser.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10edward18Posted 1/13/2013 2:45:20 PM
Okay, here's what I always got.

Evolution works in a few ways, none of which require outside force melding into an individual for such to occur. What I always thought, if they meant ACTUAL evolution, was that Uroboros would simply ignore all of the "Chosen Ones". Evolution is the mutation of a species over time that will favor the qualities that allow it to survive better in an environment. If Uroboros "bonded" with a host, that wouldn't be evolution, that'd simply be a mutation.

As for Wesker, I'm pretty sure he just mutated that way because of all the crap his body was made up of by that point. Nothing even implied he would've been a chosen one to begin with. He probably just planned to land his aircraft after the saturation had reached completion when he'd know that Uroboros wouldn't be around him when he came down.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai