Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?
3 years ago#1
I've seen every movie except the 3rd one and I'm just curious to know why people don't like them. Is it because there is too music action and not enough horror? I would say that the later movies have more action than RE 5 and 6 combined.
3 years ago#2
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
3 years ago#3
Because they are bad movies.

The action is bad
The characters are bad
The script is bad

Need anything else?
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
3 years ago#4
There crappy movies that have become nothing more then over the top action movies with no thought put into the story. The first 2 maybe 3 movies was decent enough to watch. But im not complaining to much the games havent been to good lately either.
tekkno was here!
3 years ago#5
Phaild posted...
Because they are bad movies.

Precious_Roy: "tl;dr but I'd imagine they'd be stellar if given a surrender button." -on French ME3 MP players.
3 years ago#6
Because they don't follow the same RE storyline, the movies are fair.
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
3 years ago#7
The movie just doesn't interest me, even as an adaptation of a series I like. The 1st movie was fine, but then it turned too much like a fanfic starring Alice. Movies with bad scripts and poor action sequences I'm used to. Mutant superhero fighting zombies, yeah looks good on paper but got really boring quick for me.
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
3 years ago#8
Alice is overrated, but it's true the franchise wouldn't be as popular without the movies..even if they are a disgrace to the series. -_-;
Resident Evil (Remake) 'n' Haunting Ground are two of the best games ever made by Capcom.
3 years ago#9
Man, supernatural human being...
I like Kana Hanazawa so much and I like The World God Only Knows Manga
3 years ago#10
Have you ever seen a scy fy movie?Imagine if those guys had access to a bigger budget and a..... 'better' cast.

Alice is the John Cena of Resident Evil to me.
"You were almost a Jill sandwich!" Barry Burton,Resident evil
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived