Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#21Maelstrom12Posted 1/14/2013 4:00:43 PM
Yeah that was the one thing i did like,how hot claire etc were
---
"You were almost a Jill sandwich!" Barry Burton,Resident evil
#22Maelstrom12Posted 1/14/2013 4:01:09 PM
I hear wesker turned into a good guy in the last one lol wtf
---
"You were almost a Jill sandwich!" Barry Burton,Resident evil
#23AnimesetsunaPosted 1/14/2013 4:02:37 PM
Maelstrom12 posted...
I hear wesker turned into a good guy in the last one lol wtf

I heard that too. I still can't believe Wesker turned into a good guy. lol
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much and I like The World God Only Knows Manga
#24SamA7XPosted 1/14/2013 4:07:55 PM(edited)
Because the films are beyond god awful, I watched the first Resident Evil film the day it came into the cimema's with high hopes only to be let down, I've watched every RE film to date and they all suck. (Not counting Degeneratin or Damnation, they're actually awesome films)
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#25Candy__GirlPosted 1/14/2013 4:17:22 PM
Because Anderson has no idea what Resident Evil is truly about. He didn't even try to parallel the story line to that of the games.

It's like someone who's only heard bits and pieces from their friends got high and decided to write a fan fic. Anderson doesn't understand the true ambiance of the RE universe or the true essence of the characters he decided to cut and paste through out his movies when ever it felt convenient for him and his beloved Alice. After a while the story crumbles in on itself because he fails to explain anything about what's going on. Have you ever watched these movies with someone who is not a fan of the games? They have no idea what's going on and need things to be explained to them. Maybe Milla was correct when she said that the movies made the game series more popular; it's because people had to go play them to find out what the hell Anderson was trying to portray on film.

Andersons' answer to his failed attempt at writing and directing? More of Alice not progressing the story line, more cameos of badly cast RE characters from the games, more force powers, more slow-mo, more techno music, more clones, and a villain turned hero. Because all those things are supposed to make a good movie. Oh wait.

Overall, they're not good movies. (And I'm saying this as a fan of B-horror movies!)
#26MercuriusPhiPosted 1/14/2013 4:28:25 PM
Live Action - You can enjoy it, but it's only loosely based on the RE franchise (while the games started to tilt toward following the movies with 5).

CG - Based in the game's world, but ultimately sucking due to lack of care. Still enjoyable.

To sum up, I'd stick with the two CGI movies we have. Who knows, maybe some aspiring 'Sam Raimi' college student will step up and make a campy version based on the live-action scenes from the first game as a project. Then we can all yuck it up on YouTube.
#27rewwPosted 1/14/2013 4:31:35 PM(edited)
I like Alice. I enjoyed the first two movies the most. I will admit I don't get the story. Especially in the last two. Certian character dies, but didn't die. Jill is superhuman, but really just has a thing on her. The last two just don't seem to have any continuity or backstory for characters. I won't get sick of Ali Larter regardless

Also even though it'd piss RE game fans off I wouldn't mind having Alice ingame even if she were a bad guy.
---
Official Disgaea 1 Majin of the Makai Senki Disgaea 4 Board
#28IlDankoPosted 1/14/2013 4:36:02 PM
Yeah what candy said...

It was in the last scene of the last movie when he gets to introduce the plaga... Yet he used the executioner 3 times before that... Hell he even made the zombies to have the plaga inside their bodies and he didn't even knew it....
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#29AnimesetsunaPosted 1/14/2013 4:50:04 PM
Anderson is really trying hard but he still can't do it better. :P
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much and I like The World God Only Knows Manga
#30DetBeauregardPosted 1/14/2013 4:53:03 PM
Because they're terrible movies. They do nothing to amplify the depth of the series' original games, and are typically nothing but awfully-acted action fests. The only one of the five that is semi-decent is the first one, since it was the only one that didn't crap all over the story of the games.

In a nutshell, Anderson's complete disrespect of the source material is what annoys many of the die-hard game fans.