Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#31BigBoss_TPosted 1/14/2013 6:01:51 PM
Because they suck, damn Alice is extremely boring since 2.
---
I eat Lightning and Crap Thunders!
#32Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/14/2013 6:03:52 PM
They are just not very good. I'm not bothered by the fact that Anderson didn't stick closely to the games, though. These are even worse in terms of story and characters after all. Still, there are simply way too many good zombie flics out there to pay the RE movies any sort of attention.

At least the Anderson movies aren't as dreadfully dull as the cheap-ass CGI movies. Degeneration had to be one of the worst movies I ever saw.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#33DetBeauregardPosted 1/14/2013 6:10:43 PM
I would welcome Anderson's original stories if he actually kept the game's characters in-character or didn't rely on a super-powered Mary Sue lead character to do everything the characters from the games should be doing. If you ask me, the only semi-accurate portrayals of the game characters in the films were Jill and Carlos from the second movie.

And I think Degeneration (even though it can get boring) and Damnation are 100x better films than any of Anderson's crap.
#34zombiabsolPosted 1/14/2013 6:10:45 PM
i like the movies, because i dont take them super serious. I dont expect an amazingly thought out storyline, not after nemesis being fought by alice, i was quite saddened by that.

I dont think they are terrible, just cheesy yet fun to watch.
---
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6
#35pariah23Posted 1/14/2013 7:15:41 PM
Every one of the movies is vastly better than what Capcom has done to the games in the last decade, and even before that the games had more groan-worthy dialogue than they did actual horror.
#36DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 7:17:26 PM
They're not horrible films that are comparable to Uwe Boll or M. Night Shymathingamajig's films...but they're not loyal to the games, and the main cast of the games are often more or less support characters. And more or less, the series feels milked. It should have stopped at Extinction.

They're watchable if your standards for films are not too high.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#37El_ZaggyPosted 1/14/2013 7:21:04 PM
i cant describe how horrible the movies are but the worse thing of all is that the games are taking some cues from the movies. Thats why re6 is crap
#38KaiKun91Posted 1/14/2013 7:32:29 PM
The first one was not bad but after the first one all the other went south. You don't even have to use the game characters (which they did) and if would still be fine. Just stick to the fact. Alice do not fit the RE story at all. She more super human than Wesker.
#39MEFreak1984Posted 1/14/2013 7:33:49 PM
Cause the movies are TERRIBLE. They're as bad as Operation Raccoon City. They should've let George Romero do the movies as planned, but no, they give it to Paul Anderson.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#40MEFreak1984Posted 1/14/2013 7:36:00 PM
Also, the last movie had more Slow-Motion than normal speed. It got annoying after the fifth Bullet-Time ripoff slowdown in four minutes.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"