Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

User Info: synthetiksin

synthetiksin
4 years ago#41
Pretty much what most people said about them sucking bad.

They're just awful.

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#42
MEFreak1984 posted...
Also, the last movie had more Slow-Motion than normal speed. It got annoying after the fifth Bullet-Time ripoff slowdown in four minutes.

+ the mortal kombat X-Ray on the jill vs alice fight
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993

User Info: SSx4Leonjr

SSx4Leonjr
4 years ago#43
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

Okay first this here ^^^^ Yeah pay no attention to the 'Doesn't follow the story of the games at all.' bit The RE Movies happen in an alternate RE Timeline/Universe.
So if you keep that firmly set in your mind you'll enjoy them like I have.
I love the Alice character....she's so...,A$$ kickingly awsome! her & Rain...WOW! I have to say though I Did NOT like who played Leon.... so Meh & forgettable; I would've much rather seen Jensen Ackles as Leon; at least he would've gotten the 'kick a$$, ask questions later' style of Leon right. I like who played Barry; he looked the part & had the right voice tone, gruff & tough!
And last, if you watch all 5 of the movies they do indeed make sense...granted it's a bit odd & convoluted with a LOT of 'loopholed' ideas but if you re-watch them you can sometimes catch the missed details that pulls it all together.
X-box GT: SSx4 Leonjr PSN name:D_and_K_Dobbs
Waiting for Final Fantasy:XIV A Realm Reborn (PS3)

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 years ago#44
Its because they are bad movies, the only reason anybody watches them in the first place is the RE name

User Info: ZeeDogge

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#45
singhellotaku posted...
Its because they are bad movies, the only reason anybody watches them in the first place is the RE name

As much as I dislike them, I seriously doubt most of the people who watch them have ever played RE.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 years ago#46
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

and its hard to find a videogame movie that does follow the games plot.

every videogame movie is only LOOSELY based on the games, people need to accept this.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa

User Info: Animesetsuna

Animesetsuna
4 years ago#47
Putting RE characters in his movie are stupid.
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much and I like The World God Only Knows Manga

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#48
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
4 years ago#49
For me it's the mad max world. If the t-virus had gotten out of Raccoon, the world would have been covered in vast forests of meat eating plants, giant insects, mutants and zombies, NOT A BORING DESERT.
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

User Info: xdividebyzerox

xdividebyzerox
4 years ago#50
The first one was decent, the second was watchable. It all went downhill after that.
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived