Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#41synthetiksinPosted 1/14/2013 6:41:31 PM
Pretty much what most people said about them sucking bad.

They're just awful.
#42IlDankoPosted 1/14/2013 6:43:02 PM
MEFreak1984 posted...
Also, the last movie had more Slow-Motion than normal speed. It got annoying after the fifth Bullet-Time ripoff slowdown in four minutes.

+ the mortal kombat X-Ray on the jill vs alice fight
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#43SSx4LeonjrPosted 1/14/2013 6:44:49 PM
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

Okay first this here ^^^^ Yeah pay no attention to the 'Doesn't follow the story of the games at all.' bit The RE Movies happen in an alternate RE Timeline/Universe.
So if you keep that firmly set in your mind you'll enjoy them like I have.
I love the Alice character....she's so...,A$$ kickingly awsome! her & Rain...WOW! I have to say though I Did NOT like who played Leon.... so Meh & forgettable; I would've much rather seen Jensen Ackles as Leon; at least he would've gotten the 'kick a$$, ask questions later' style of Leon right. I like who played Barry; he looked the part & had the right voice tone, gruff & tough!
And last, if you watch all 5 of the movies they do indeed make sense...granted it's a bit odd & convoluted with a LOT of 'loopholed' ideas but if you re-watch them you can sometimes catch the missed details that pulls it all together.
---
X-box GT: SSx4 Leonjr PSN name:D_and_K_Dobbs
Waiting for Final Fantasy:XIV A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#44singhellotakuPosted 1/14/2013 6:59:10 PM
Its because they are bad movies, the only reason anybody watches them in the first place is the RE name
#45ZeeDoggePosted 1/14/2013 7:14:42 PM
singhellotaku posted...
Its because they are bad movies, the only reason anybody watches them in the first place is the RE name

As much as I dislike them, I seriously doubt most of the people who watch them have ever played RE.
#46DegalonPosted 1/14/2013 7:16:49 PM
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

and its hard to find a videogame movie that does follow the games plot.

every videogame movie is only LOOSELY based on the games, people need to accept this.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#47AnimesetsunaPosted 1/14/2013 7:20:12 PM
Putting RE characters in his movie are stupid.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa so much and I like The World God Only Knows Manga
#48IlDankoPosted 1/14/2013 7:20:49 PM
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#49shagohad3Posted 1/14/2013 7:41:53 PM
For me it's the mad max world. If the t-virus had gotten out of Raccoon, the world would have been covered in vast forests of meat eating plants, giant insects, mutants and zombies, NOT A BORING DESERT.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#50xdividebyzeroxPosted 1/14/2013 7:46:12 PM
The first one was decent, the second was watchable. It all went downhill after that.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (import)
Waiting On: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Jan. 22)