Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#51DegalonPosted 1/14/2013 8:52:01 PM
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....

Its still true, though.

The games are a clusterpuck of plot holes and dead end plotlines.

The movies are a natural progression of a viral outbreak of this nature. First the initial outbreak, then the surrounding area, then the world, to the point where its just a few survivors left.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#52edward18Posted 1/14/2013 8:59:07 PM

Its still true, though.

Uh...no...it's not...at all...

Which plotholes?

The movies are a natural progression of a viral outbreak of this nature.

Oh like bloody hell they are!

First the initial outbreak, then the surrounding area, then the world, to the point where its just a few survivors left.

The government would take care of it long before then, and infection would not dry up rivers and crap.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#53reaper0123Posted 1/14/2013 9:02:56 PM
Personally, I have enjoyed all of the movies, with the exception of the 3rd one. I know, I know, they don't follow the story of the games. Hence the "Based on" text that you see at the BEGINNING of each movie. Plus, I really enjoy Milla Jovavich in them. Not to mention they FINALLY put Barry Burton into the new one. I take them for what they are, an action movie.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenoriddley?feature=mhee
#54Kageblade23Posted 1/14/2013 9:03:51 PM
Maelstrom12 posted...
Did she really say that???

yes... unfortunately for her the franchise itself was already big by the time the first movie came out... all the movies did was expand the fanboy count... the first few Re's were not bad at all shortly after it fell thru though i think around 3 i watched the rest of them just to see what they did to the story...but alot of people are right they completely mutilated the RE storyline the fact that they added alice to the story and made her the main character rather than dropping the real main characters and staying relatively close to the storyline... i think they did a real good job with nemesis they really captured his character well everyone else chris jill claire...they could have gotten more air-time and better lines...
#55suprsoliderPosted 1/14/2013 9:04:57 PM
Tons of slow motion matrix style sequences, the last 2 are filled with them in almost every shot.

The beginning of the newest one is the stupidest opening I have ever seen, with it all going backwards to the end of Afterlife then it goes forward again to the stuff WE JUST SAW.

The new movie has a complete recap AGAIN,it's like the 3rd time now,seriously.

Plus many more problems. I am so glad I didn't spend money on that crappy film or on any of them except for the first. My girlfriend has them all and loves them, I watched them and groaned at every one of them.

People should be arrested for liking these films.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#56GANONDORFIVYPosted 1/14/2013 9:06:16 PM
Dont folow games period and the main character sucks bad
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#57SyserinPosted 1/14/2013 9:15:54 PM
People have low opinions because of what countless others said, lack of story comparison to the games, if you even want to call what the movie has a story, and a main character that has so many problems i don't even know where to begin with.

If anything the first one was okay, but after that the movies went off a cliff, not downhill - just a straight drop. If they did anything right with the movies it was at least putting Jill, Wesker, and Claire into them.
#58IlDankoPosted 1/14/2013 9:21:02 PM
Degalon posted...
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....

Its still true, though.

The movies are a natural progression of a viral outbreak of this nature. First the initial outbreak, then the surrounding area, then the world, to the point where its just a few survivors left.

Let me just show you the continuity of the movies....

2nd movie ending: alice escapes from isaacs and gets rescued by jill, carlos and the little girl

3rd movie beggining: alice alone with a motorcycle...what happened to jill?? Where's the little girl??? How the hell carlos ended with claire's group??

4th movie ending: "chris" and "claire" stand aside alice when all the umbrella choppers get to the ship

5th movie begining: the choppers get to the ship and "chris" and "claire" evaporate without alice noticing it...

And after all this movies.. Again, where's the little girl????

Plot hole??? No... Plot CRATER and one this size

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q4OdwdEGUKY/TQR0JPePe9I/AAAAAAAAAEc/bZTibM4VRAU/s1600/biggest-hole-earth-04.jpg
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#59Haseo18615Posted 1/14/2013 9:33:39 PM
Ignoring the face that they're a VERY unfaithful adaptation, Alice is a horrible character and a complete God Mode Sue. A character like that would be acceptable in an 80's Schwarzenegger movie, but in today's world that's one of the laziest ways to write someone.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#60Candy__GirlPosted 1/14/2013 10:00:36 PM
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

SSx4Leonjr posted...
Okay first this here ^^^^ Yeah pay no attention to the 'Doesn't follow the story of the games at all.' bit The RE Movies happen in an alternate RE Timeline/Universe.

You're not getting it. Anderson (the director) has no idea what Resident Evil is truly about. He didn't even try to parallel the story line to that of the games. Anderson doesn't understand the true ambiance of the RE universe or the true essence of the characters he decided to cut and paste through out his movies when ever it felt convenient.

By your line of reasoning your saying that it's okay for people not to try to stay true to what they're originally expanding upon even though it's the basis for an already existing franchise?

Alternate time line/universe can be done well when others take over the creative helm. An example? The new Star Trek. Anderson failed in his attempt of RE.

So if you keep that firmly set in your mind you'll enjoy them like I have.

As a fan of B-horror movies I have watched a lot of bad films. A lot. I had heard how horrible the RE movies were from others, but needed to pass judgment myself. I went in with an open mind. There is not much positive I can say about those movies. I tried to view them as just B-horror movies with large budgets, but even classified as so they are still horrible films.

I love the Alice character....she's so...,A$$ kickingly awsome! her & Rain...WOW!

Anyone with super human powers can be ass kickingly awesome. Don't get me started on Rain... I have a strong dislike for Michelle Rodriguez. She is one ugly pug. But... that's just my opinion.

I have to say though I Did NOT like who played Leon.... so Meh & forgettable; I would've much rather seen Jensen Ackles as Leon; at least he would've gotten the 'kick a$$, ask questions later' style of Leon right.

I was looking forward to seeing Leon make his appearance. (Not sure why since Anderson got everything else wrong. Except Jill. He did quite alright with Jill.) It wasn't the actors fault the writing was horrible and didn't correspond to Leon's character in the games. He looked the part of Damnation Leon, but again I was disappointed they chose that look for him. It's my least favorite. As an alternative actor? I would agree with you about Jensen.

I like who played Barry; he looked the part & had the right voice tone, gruff & tough!

I love Kevin Durand as Barry. I would not have thought to cast him but he did a really amazing job UNTIL ANDERSON KILLED HIM.

And last, if you watch all 5 of the movies they do indeed make sense...granted it's a bit odd & convoluted with a LOT of 'loopholed' ideas but if you re-watch them you can sometimes catch the missed details that pulls it all together.

This is exactly how I watched them and they still don't make any damn sense. Nothing was ever explained in detail; it was re-hashed over and over again. Same events with very little story and character development. Every movie has a recap of the movie or movies before it. It's like I'm watching a television show! "Previously on *insert name of t.v show here*" I don't need a recap, Anderson! I've already watched you use this same scene that's totally irrelevant over and over. Come up with some new ideas and stop abusing the franchise!