Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#61Candy__GirlPosted 1/14/2013 9:06:10 PM
Danko! Thank you for bringing that up!
#62IlDankoPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:13 PM
Candy__Girl posted...

I love the Alice character....she's so...,A$$ kickingly awsome! her & Rain...WOW!

Anyone with super human powers can be ass kickingly awesome. Don't get me started on Rain... I have a strong dislike for Michelle Rodriguez. She is one ugly pug. But... that's just my opinion.

I have to say though I Did NOT like who played Leon.... so Meh & forgettable; I would've much rather seen Jensen Ackles as Leon; at least he would've gotten the 'kick a$$, ask questions later' style of Leon right.

I was looking forward to seeing Leon make his appearance. (Not sure why since Anderson got everything else wrong. Except Jill. He did quite alright with Jill.) It wasn't the actors fault the writing was horrible and didn't correspond to Leon's character in the games. He looked the part of Damnation Leon, but again I was disappointed they chose that look for him. It's my least favorite. As an alternative actor? I would agree with you about Jensen.

I like who played Barry; he looked the part & had the right voice tone, gruff & tough!

I love Kevin Durand as Barry. I would not have thought to cast him but he did a really amazing job UNTIL ANDERSON KILLED

All of this...... Specially the Michelle Rodriguez and Barry parts *high fives*
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#63The_Undying_84Posted 1/14/2013 9:27:07 PM
Phaild posted...
Because they are bad movies.

The action is bad
The characters are bad
The script is bad

Need anything else?

---
PSN: TheUndying84
#64odcrl001Posted 1/14/2013 10:07:21 PM
In addition to that the completely butchering of the stories. The only one I liked was the first one and it wasn't a big deal anyway.
---
GT: GalahadHK
#65DetBeauregardPosted 1/14/2013 10:22:07 PM
Retribution in particular was beyond awful, but I think they've been getting worse since the first one. In the latest, they dubbed over Ada's voice, destroyed Leon's character, had a member of the protagonist strike team named Sergei Vladimir (wtf?!), and threw Barry in for no reason whatsoever (only to destroy his character, too). And don't get me started on how they brought Rain, Carlos, etc. back as "clones" for preview shock value alone. Terrible movie.

The only thing I liked was the scene near the end where Leon puts his hand on Ada's leg and she pushes it off. That was cool. Everything else was terrible.

pariah23 posted...
Every one of the movies is vastly better than what Capcom has done to the games in the last decade, and even before that the games had more groan-worthy dialogue than they did actual horror.

In my opinion, games can get away with questionable dialogue since they still have the entertainment of the gameplay to fall back on (look at RE4, for example). Films are the same thing every time you watch them, and thus plot and dialogue have to be stepped up a notch.

Degalon posted...
The games are a clusterpuck of plot holes and dead end plotlines.

The actual Japanese source material has very few (if any) real plot holes. Many things were lost (or unnecessarily added) in translation.
#66elsmittyPosted 1/14/2013 10:28:10 PM
I personally like the 1st 2nd and 4th movie.
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#67DegalonPosted 1/14/2013 10:28:40 PM
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....

Its still true, though.

The games are a clusterpuck of plot holes and dead end plotlines.

The movies are a natural progression of a viral outbreak of this nature. First the initial outbreak, then the surrounding area, then the world, to the point where its just a few survivors left.

Let me just show you the continuity of the movies....

2nd movie ending: alice escapes from isaacs and gets rescued by jill, carlos and the little girl

3rd movie beggining: alice alone with a motorcycle...what happened to jill?? Where's the little girl??? How the hell carlos ended with claire's group??

4th movie ending: "chris" and "claire" stand aside alice when all the umbrella choppers get to the ship

5th movie begining: the choppers get to the ship and "chris" and "claire" evaporate without alice noticing it...

And after all this movies.. Again, where's the little girl????

Plot hole??? No... Plot CRATER and one this size

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q4OdwdEGUKY/TQR0JPePe9I/AAAAAAAAAEc/bZTibM4VRAU/s1600/biggest-hole-earth-04.jpg

Literally none of those are "plot holes".

The group splits up in between movies, with alice going on her own, as she is wont to do...

the little girl is Kmart, and she was captured on the boat like everybody else.

But lets look at some of the GAMES plot holes...

1) Lisa Trevor. There's no reason to think that she's dead, when nothing else worked, and she was at the front hallway of the residence, aka, the outer perimeter.

2) Wesker. All of it. Pretty much everything involving wesker is a massive plot hole.

3) How in the hell are things not like the Apocalypse and Extinction movies by now? These are VIRAL OUTBREAKS we are talking about. It spreads by biting, and there's cannibalistic crows, dogs, rats, zombies and various other animals wandering around out there that would/should be spreading the viruses.

4) At least the movies brought up and fixed the plot hole of Raccoon City being nuked. Even back when it happened in the games, all I could think of was "how is this not just going to make everything WORSE?" Lo and behold, the movies went the logical route, and, they did. MUCH worse.

All that said, I only have two complaints about the movies.

1) Mila's constantly "angry and confused" face.
2) There are no Tyrants. There's a "kind of" tyrant by way of mutated Isaacs, but not really.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#68edward18Posted 1/14/2013 10:35:31 PM
1) Lisa Trevor. There's no reason to think that she's dead, when nothing else worked, and she was at the front hallway of the residence, aka, the outer perimeter.

The reason she'd be dead is because THE ****ING FACILITY BLEW UP ON HER! If that wouldn't have killed her, Raccoon City's bombing sure as hell would've. Gs can be killed, just takes a TON of concentrated force.

2) Wesker. All of it. Pretty much everything involving wesker is a massive plot hole.

...how? It was shown and explained how he came back later on.

3) How in the hell are things not like the Apocalypse and Extinction movies by now?

Cause the games don't do things that stupidly? It shows that governments actually have some common sense on handling the situation like they likely would in real life if that happened.

These are VIRAL OUTBREAKS we are talking about. It spreads by biting, and there's cannibalistic crows, dogs, rats, zombies and various other animals wandering around out there that would/should be spreading the viruses.

And the military has blockades, soldiers, firefighters and police are still patrolling the hellish setting as best as possible, and they bomb the place before it gets that bad.

4) At least the movies brought up and fixed the plot hole of Raccoon City being nuked. Even back when it happened in the games, all I could think of was "how is this not just going to make everything WORSE?" Lo and behold, the movies went the logical route, and, they did. MUCH worse.

...how the hell would DESTROYING THE POINT OF INFECTION make it worse instead of keeping it from spreading? You know what a nuclear bomb does right? People literally become shadows from it.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#69largerockPosted 1/14/2013 10:50:48 PM
edward18 posted...
Doesn't follow the story of the games at all, has Alice steal all the parts that should be given to the main characters, is even more rediculously action-packed than the modern games, and the story of the movies don't make any damn sense.

Phaild posted...
Because they are bad movies.

The action is bad
The characters are bad
The script is bad

Need anything else?

Pretty much these and they are just cheap enough to hire hobo's off the street to star characters for the movies.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#70puellakyubeyPosted 1/14/2013 10:59:45 PM
I enjoyed them for what they are.
Now, I haven't seen 4 or 5 yet, but they seem... alright.

Don't get me wrong, they're a complete blight to the series that we know from the video games, buuuuuuut, I can enjoy them as mediocre action films that were loosely based off the games.

At least that's what I keep telling myself. I just hope they never make Alice canon to the game universe :S
---
"But, you're bound to be disappointed if you keep expecting things to turn out so cheery" ~Etna, Disgaea: H/AoD