Why do people have low opinions of the RE Movies?

#81Cpl_D_HicksPosted 1/15/2013 5:47:44 AM
These hack movies are nothing but vanity projects for that moron Anderson to show off that Jovovich. He thinks that giving this talentless "actress" super powers & "writing" the film around that means everyone thinks she's in the same league as actual legends like Ingrid Bergman & Katherine Hepburn.

The guy is an idiot. He thinks he is James Cameron, but he isn't. Its fashionable these days to hate Cameron because of Avatar & Titanic, but when looking at films like the first two Terminators & Aliens, he's awesome with what he did.

He took the character of Ripley & expanded on her & added some depth. She's a strong character, but doesn't have super human crap like Hack Anderson. You do not see Ripley killing all the aliens hand to hand. Sarah Connor is well developed in Terminator 2 as well. Again, you do not see Connor destroying the T-1000 within the first few minutes of the film, which is something the no talent hack Anderson would do in both cases.

The first RE "film" by the hack is just a huge rip off of the first two Alien films. The character of Rain is just a pathetic rip off of Jenette Goldstein as Vasquez in Aliens (& no where NEAR as good or as memorable).

The idiot is completely incompetent on a technical level. He has no idea how to make a good film. There is absolutely no reason to watch his garbage when you have the first two Alien films, the first two Terminator films, or George Romero's first 3 zombie films (Night, Dawn, Day).

The idiot even put those W.S. initials as he got sick of being asked about Magnolia. Okay, you're being asked about a highly praised film, & you'd rather talk about your worthless garbage? What a moron.

What he should have done to avoid confusion with Paul Thomas Anderson & Wes Anderson is call himself Paul Hack Anderson. That way, no one will ask him about Magnolia.
---
http://goodfella2459.dvdaf.com/owned
http://www.redbubble.com/people/goodfella2459
#82kakarotozeroPosted 1/15/2013 6:03:37 AM
the movie are fun, the only part that I dont like, is that all the other characters are downside in favor to alice.

in the game, the principal characters are normal humans, with the exception of wesker but still chris and sheeva are still able to defeat him
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#83Plant42Posted 1/15/2013 6:04:08 AM
I just watch them for fun. I've gotten used to them and the cast and I want to see how it ends.
#84IlDankoPosted 1/15/2013 6:16:57 AM
Degalon posted...
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...
IlDanko posted...
Degalon posted...

To be fair, the movies have a better story than the games.

Let me roundhouse kick your head to take those ideas out of it and see if i can clear your mind.....

Its still true, though.

The games are a clusterpuck of plot holes and dead end plotlines.

The movies are a natural progression of a viral outbreak of this nature. First the initial outbreak, then the surrounding area, then the world, to the point where its just a few survivors left.

Let me just show you the continuity of the movies....

2nd movie ending: alice escapes from isaacs and gets rescued by jill, carlos and the little girl

3rd movie beggining: alice alone with a motorcycle...what happened to jill?? Where's the little girl??? How the hell carlos ended with claire's group??

4th movie ending: "chris" and "claire" stand aside alice when all the umbrella choppers get to the ship

5th movie begining: the choppers get to the ship and "chris" and "claire" evaporate without alice noticing it...

And after all this movies.. Again, where's the little girl????

Plot hole??? No... Plot CRATER and one this size

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q4OdwdEGUKY/TQR0JPePe9I/AAAAAAAAAEc/bZTibM4VRAU/s1600/biggest-hole-earth-04.jpg

Literally none of those are "plot holes".

The group splits up in between movies, with alice going on her own, as she is wont to do...

the little girl is Kmart, and she was captured on the boat like everybody else.

But lets look at some of the GAMES plot holes...

1) Lisa Trevor. There's no reason to think that she's dead, when nothing else worked, and she was at the front hallway of the residence, aka, the outer perimeter.

2) Wesker. All of it. Pretty much everything involving wesker is a massive plot hole.

3) How in the hell are things not like the Apocalypse and Extinction movies by now? These are VIRAL OUTBREAKS we are talking about. It spreads by biting, and there's cannibalistic crows, dogs, rats, zombies and various other animals wandering around out there that would/should be spreading the viruses.

4) At least the movies brought up and fixed the plot hole of Raccoon City being nuked. Even back when it happened in the games, all I could think of was "how is this not just going to make everything WORSE?" Lo and behold, the movies went the logical route, and, they did. MUCH worse.

All that said, I only have two complaints about the movies.

1) Mila's constantly "angry and confused" face.
2) There are no Tyrants. There's a "kind of" tyrant by way of mutated Isaacs, but not really.

I'm not talking about k-mart... I'm talking about angela ashford

And..
1) lisa trevor is pretty much dead, if the selfdestruct system of the mansion didn't killed her surely the nuke that came after it did..

2)wesker?? What's the plot hole about him?

3) i'm glad they're not like the movies... Who the hell thinks that a virus that turns you into a zombie would turn the rest of the planet into a f******* desert?? Just no.

4) again... Whats the plot hole in the raccoon city destruction?
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#85Nathbuds123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:53:17 AM
Wow... I was not expecting this many replies.
#86edward18Posted 1/15/2013 9:17:48 AM
1) Except that she isn't just a G.

Technically she is the first G since that's what all the experimenting morphed her into in the end.

She is the primordial soup of ALL the viruses that literally nothing could kill (i'm pretty sure Umbrella tried blowing her up at some point).

They "thought" they disposed of her body after they "executed" her. Probably just knocked her out. Nothing ever implied that they tried blowing her up.

And the FACILITY blew up, but not the entire estate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifVSzwJPtE

at 38:02

She was no longer IN the facility,

....she was in the mansion...which blew the **** up.

but on the outer edges of the estate.

She'd have still been caught in the explosion...

As in, not a concentrated force by that point.

Sure looked concentrated enough.

As for nuking the city...she's not in the city, shes way up in the mountains outside of racoon city.

Again, if it's a NUCLEAR MISSILE, that'd be far more than close enough to annihilate her. If you can even see the mushroom cloud that's not a good thing.

2) Its only vaguely handwaved as "he was genetically engineered".

...how the **** is that vague? It's flat out stated that he was bonded with Progenitor as an infant.

Then there's the fact that..well..why did he need to DIE for his variant to work?

Cause that's how his viral agent works. It has a 70% chance of bringing the host back to life with enhanced musculatory and respiratory systems.

If he DIED, then he should just be another monster, mindless.

Unless his viral agent doesn't do that...

Things like the TVeronica, G, and C Virus all do similar effects without killing the host first.

No they don't. T-Veronica takes, at most, 18 years of bonding with it in cryogenic sleep and allows telepathic control over other things infected with it as well as allows you to catch your blood on fire. G creates an undying creature that continually mutates to counteract damage unless it's body's destroyed. C does...rediculousness.

But a dead host should just create something like a tyrant. (Which it did, albeit only right before he died the second time.)

...when has that EVER happened? A Tyrant has to bond with T in cryogenic sleep. No one can become a Tyrant unless they do that. And they aren't killed to become that.

Then there's the whole Nightcrawler bamfing BS

...the what?

...not to mention when he was revived, he should of had a gaping hole in his torso from the Tyrant impaling him...

You noticed he was bleeding when he was escaping the mansion right?

3) I'm pretty sure the military can't effectively police roaches, rats, and birds, to be honest.

Well they did or the animals just never got out of the city.

Not to mention, as the movie pointed out...nuking the city would do nothing except SPREAD the virus by way of the explosion launching it into the air where it can spread even faster.

Or it'd annihilate it since it's, ya know, a NUCLEAR BOMB.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#87edward18Posted 1/15/2013 9:17:56 AM
And this isn't even counting the fact that several of the mutated creatures would be able to survive the blast,

...no...no they would not...at all....

Nuclear Bomb=DEAD ****ING CITY.

Have you seen pictures of Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

or location (deep in the subway tunnels and facilities),

That crap would still get blown the **** up. They're ****ing craters left where Raccoon City was!

and it's a pretty safe bet that several of the zombies wandered out of the city limits by this point in time, either by turning into a zombie after escaping, or just shambling on their own after being turned.

Which would have been vaporized from the explosion.

All a nuke would do is kill SOME Of the infected. A temporary solution, if it doesn't somehow make things even worse. Which it did in the movies.

And the movies are crap.

Weskers custom tailored virus. The one that revived him. its make teleporting superhumans that retain full intellect, with the only "apparent" drawback being the need to take a medicine on a regular basis to mediate its effects.

He doesn't teleport -_-

Birkin made this virus. For Wesker.

No he didn't. Wesker just thought he did. It was designed by Spencer or Spencer set Birkin up to create it without him knowing. It was a viral agent designed for all the Wesker Children to have.

Even if, there'd be notes, and samples, and whatnot back in Birkins labs, easy enough to recreate, especially as its very likely that Wesker would have already known a little about it, with him being Birkin's partner.

There are notes on it. They had animals in storage that'd been tested with it.

This is effectively the ultimate virus, and it was perfected before the very first game?

No, it just does something different. You saw Alexia. She could take Wesker on. And I personally doubt he could take down a G or Nemesis.

So then what was all the hooplah after, about trying to perfect BOWs?

For those they were just trying to create creatures for war. Spencer was really trying to find a way to evolve humanity. That's sort of why he allowed G to be done even though it didn't have as much promise in the controllable weapons aspect.

You already did! And it was Weskers goal in the first place; Make the world into ultimate people. Which he already has the means to do.

Except that Wesker's virus won't bring everyone back to life, just 70%.

So the entire rest of the series becomes me looking at it going "but....you already accomplished this..."

Or you not understanding it...and Nuclear Bombs...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#88IlDankoPosted 1/15/2013 9:28:34 AM
^ just the F****** truth
---
That's when the lights go down and the room turns red
PSN: Dan21993
#89shagohad3Posted 1/15/2013 9:28:39 AM
edward18 posted...
1) Except that she isn't just a G.

Technically she is the first G since that's what all the experimenting morphed her into in the end.

She is the primordial soup of ALL the viruses that literally nothing could kill (i'm pretty sure Umbrella tried blowing her up at some point).

They "thought" they disposed of her body after they "executed" her. Probably just knocked her out. Nothing ever implied that they tried blowing her up.

And the FACILITY blew up, but not the entire estate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifVSzwJPtE

at 38:02

She was no longer IN the facility,

....she was in the mansion...which blew the **** up.

but on the outer edges of the estate.

She'd have still been caught in the explosion...

As in, not a concentrated force by that point.

Sure looked concentrated enough.

As for nuking the city...she's not in the city, shes way up in the mountains outside of racoon city.

Again, if it's a NUCLEAR MISSILE, that'd be far more than close enough to annihilate her. If you can even see the mushroom cloud that's not a good thing.

2) Its only vaguely handwaved as "he was genetically engineered".

...how the **** is that vague? It's flat out stated that he was bonded with Progenitor as an infant.

Then there's the fact that..well..why did he need to DIE for his variant to work?

Cause that's how his viral agent works. It has a 70% chance of bringing the host back to life with enhanced musculatory and respiratory systems.

If he DIED, then he should just be another monster, mindless.

Unless his viral agent doesn't do that...

Things like the TVeronica, G, and C Virus all do similar effects without killing the host first.

No they don't. T-Veronica takes, at most, 18 years of bonding with it in cryogenic sleep and allows telepathic control over other things infected with it as well as allows you to catch your blood on fire. G creates an undying creature that continually mutates to counteract damage unless it's body's destroyed. C does...rediculousness.

But a dead host should just create something like a tyrant. (Which it did, albeit only right before he died the second time.)

...when has that EVER happened? A Tyrant has to bond with T in cryogenic sleep. No one can become a Tyrant unless they do that. And they aren't killed to become that.

Then there's the whole Nightcrawler bamfing BS

...the what?

...not to mention when he was revived, he should of had a gaping hole in his torso from the Tyrant impaling him...

You noticed he was bleeding when he was escaping the mansion right?

3) I'm pretty sure the military can't effectively police roaches, rats, and birds, to be honest.

Well they did or the animals just never got out of the city.

Not to mention, as the movie pointed out...nuking the city would do nothing except SPREAD the virus by way of the explosion launching it into the air where it can spread even faster.

Or it'd annihilate it since it's, ya know, a NUCLEAR BOMB.

Actually, you become a tyrant by having a special chemical in your brain.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#90CPU-ZPosted 1/15/2013 9:39:20 AM(edited)
Lisa is dead. *Spoilers*

She was caught underneath a chandelier by Wesker. She was in the main foyer when the explosion destroyed the mansion.

Wesker's virus is more of a strain of the Progenitor virus. It enhances speed, strength, and endurance. This is what Jill has pumping through her body in RE5.

The incidents are contained by government action. Nukes eliminate the outbreak by destroying everything.

Also, listen to Edward. He said everything correctly. The only thing he left out was that Wesker moves at speeds that make it look like he's teleporting.